Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:14 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V32
GRE 1: Q156 V154
GPA: 3.3
WE:Analyst (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
I did the open interview as well and I've heard nothing except the regular emails from admissions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
redsox06355 wrote:
I did the open interview as well and I've heard nothing except the regular emails from admissions

Thanks! Good luck this Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
They sent an email yesterday and my heart stopped, but it was basically to tell us that we'll be able to view our decisions next Friday. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi All

All the best for those who are waiting anxiously for their results!! :thumbup:

I am yet another aspirant and planning to apply to Duke-Daytime MBA in R3

I just want to know how many offers have been rolled out till date. :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
One of the current students during my interview told me that they call admitted students the day before the decisions are released. Anyone know if this is true or if they are just all trying to destroy any semblance of productivity on Thursday.

Either way, good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: Duke '19 (M$)
GPA: 3.75
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
BlueVBall8 wrote:
One of the current students during my interview told me that they call admitted students the day before the decisions are released. Anyone know if this is true or if they are just all trying to destroy any semblance of productivity on Thursday.

I don't know for certain, but I don't think that's correct. I talked to a recent Fuqua grad today at work who told me that they received the call on decision day, as opposed to receiving the call beforehand. Said they didn't know of anyone who was notified before the official decision release day.

I do know that Kenan-Flagler calls started happening before the official release day. Caused my friend a great deal of anxiety until he received his call :P

Good luck to all. I genuinely hope we all receive good news!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.58
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
BlueVBall8 wrote:

Dont think so.. I am a re applicant and followed this forum closely last year around decision time. I think everyone got calls throughout the day not the day before. Phone calls started around 7AM EST and started dying down around 3PM...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stevehoops5 wrote:
BlueVBall8 wrote:

Dont think so.. I am a re applicant and followed this forum closely last year around decision time. I think everyone got calls throughout the day not the day before. Phone calls started around 7AM EST and started dying down around 3PM...

Thanks for the response and makes sense. Was kind of hoping they would call Thursday just to know quicker but I guess we will have to wait (which is unfortunately rather difficult).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Anyone else know if calls are today? And when they could start?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: Duke '19 (M$)
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
light104 wrote:
Anyone else know if calls are today? And when they could start?

No calls today. They will start tomorrow if the past is any indication.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wish I was brave enough to just call them today and ask if calls would start today or tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BlueVBall8 wrote:
stevehoops5 wrote:
BlueVBall8 wrote:

Thanks for the response and makes sense. Was kind of hoping they would call Thursday just to know quicker but I guess we will have to wait (which is unfortunately rather difficult).

There could be one indication...
Last year, some people (all who eventually got admitted from what I can tell) noticed that they had a to-do item in the SISS portal (to fill out FAFSA) on decision day prior to their call. I was WL so no to-do item for me but for others it seemed to be a 'smoking gun.' If you wake up tomorrow to a to-do list item in SISS, I would be optimistic.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone see anyone on their TO DO module on SISS? I don't.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
light104 wrote:
Anyone see anyone on their TO DO module on SISS? I don't.

Did not start occurring until day-of the calls, so I doubt you'll see it today.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Student Blogs: 5 Tips to Make the Most of Your Campus Visit
I have been involved with the Admissions Ambassador program since my first year at Fuqua. I decided to be part of the program because I love meeting prospective students and sharing why I love Fuqua.

Here are some tips to make the most out of your campus visit:

1. Spend Time in the Admissions Lounge
  • During your campus visit you will have the unique opportunity to ask questions to understand if Fuqua is the right place for you. Before you arrive, prepare questions for the students you’ll meet that will help you determine if Fuqua is a good fit for you and why. Keep reading, questions tips below!
  • Learn about the paired principles, how students have exemplified them, and start to think how you will impact the community should you decide to enroll at Fuqua.
  • After your visit, connect with the students you meet during it. Networking will be a huge part of your experience, and establishing relationships early will be useful.
  • Sign up for the daily group meet and greet with an admissions officer. The admissions officers are available to share insights on the application process and answer group questions.
  • Learn how to pronounce Fuqua correctly!
2. Sign Up for the Tour & Lunch
https://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/w ... 00x225.jpg
The paired principle wall celebrating student’s impact at Fuqua
  • Check out the team rooms, the Ford Library, hall of flags, Paired Principles wall, Fox Center, and Winter Garden.
  • As a business school student at Duke, you will spend most of your time in the Fuqua building. Make sure you sign up to tour the facilities. You will be able to ask your tour guide questions so have some prepared.
3. Visit a Class
  • Fuqua has unique classroom norms which are intended to maximize the classroom experience. Some of the norms include being in your seat ready to go at the time class starts, no food, and no technology devices.
  • If experiencing classroom culture is important to you, consider coming on a weekday when classes are in session rather than a weekend visit.
  • If visiting in the fall, you will be able to sit in core classes where as in the spring, most classes are electives.

Why Fuqua? because Ronnie Chatterji is by far the most engaging brightest professor and his research in CEO activism is awesome! Check out his research ! @dukefuqua #whymba

A photo posted by Natalia Suarez (@natisuar) on Feb 10, 2016 at 12:26pm PST

4. Other Recommended Activities
  • Consider visiting on a Friday and staying for Fuqua Friday. Fuqua Friday is a great time for MBA students, partners, faculty, and professors to get together socially and catch up on the week. You will be able to enjoy dinner and drinks (I will say the family room where the kids play has the best chicken fingers).
  • Set up an informal coffee chat with Association of Women in Business (AWIB).
  • Meet and greet with the Health Sector Management (HSM) Club and HSM students (Friday only).
5. Questions
https://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/w ... 00x225.jpg
Students have lunch in the Fox Center
  • Ask, Ask, Ask! Visiting campus allows you to truly understand if Fuqua is the right place for you. Make sure you ask a lot of questions.
  • Here are some samples:
    • Most business schools are off on Friday, but Fuqua is off on Wednesday. What are the benefits of not having class on Wednesday?
    • How do Professors engage with students outside of the classroom?
    • What are the benefits of the classroom norms? Do you enjoy the no technology while class is in session norm?
    • How do the professional clubs or Career Management Center help students successfully complete the recruiting process?
    • Where do students live? What do you do for fun in Durham?
    • How does Fuqua ?
    • How is working with a Consequential Leadership Team (C-LEAD Team) preparing you to become a business leader?
We love hosting visitors at Fuqua and hope you enjoy your time. Overall tips: arrive early, make sure you are in the lounge 15 minutes before each scheduled activity, and come prepared to ask questions to understand if Fuqua is the place for you!

The post 5 Tips to Make the Most of Your Campus Visit appeared first on Duke Daytime MBA Student Blog.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Duke '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
They only call on the date mentioned on the site. Everybody on the EA round admit list got their calls on the date mentioned..as far as I know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
Good luck everyone! I keep pointlessly checking my SSI page haha
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts