Last visit was: 09 Jun 2024, 23:28 It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 23:28
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V45
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Here's Sandy's advice for the interview.

https://poetsandquants.com/2017/01/27/na ... interview/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Do attend as many recruitment events as you can, and try to establish a relationship with alumni to get a feel for the school and gather general tips/advice

Matriculating on: 2016/12/14
GMAT: 730, Q49, V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: 60 months
Industry: Commercial Banking
Decision Received on: 2016/12/14
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Thoughts on Financial Aid
Last night I had the privilege of attending the 17th annual “Fellowship Dinner” at HBS. The dinner is for current students who have received need-based aid to study at HBS and the donors who make it possible. It was an impactful evening (!) and it drove home a few points for me about how financial aid works at HBS that I thought I’d share:

1. SCALE IMPACT:  There were hundreds of students and donors in attendance. I intellectually know that 50% of all HBS students receive an average fellowship of $74,000 over the two years (money that doesn’t need to be paid back). But seeing everyone together—filling up three basketball courts in the HBS gym (Shad Hall)—I was struck by how many people’s lives are impacted for good.

2. PERSONAL IMPACT:  But with that “scale” the way aid works at HBS is very individual and personal. See, when alumni give, their money is not just put in a big pot and divvied up among students with need. Nor are fellowships a behind-the-scenes way of discounting tuition for some students. The funds are real money from real people, and each donor’s contribution goes to a specific student. At the Fellowship Dinner, those giving and those receiving sit next to one another, and students are able to personally thank their benefactors. At my table last night, I saw great conversations, genuine heartfelt gratitude, and budding mentor relationships take hold. It was moving.

3. LIFETIME IMPACT: Finally, I was amazed that 150+ alumni donors and guests were present. These are busy people with busy lives all over the world. But here they are on campus to support these students. Many were fellowship recipients themselves as HBS students and feel an enduring connection to the School.

More info about Financial Aid can be found on our website and in this webinar.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 3 Dates
It’s official – the Class of 2019 application cycle is now closed!  We are already immersed in reading and enjoying getting to know you through your applications. Round 3 goes quickly, so let me lay out the dates for you.

Interview invitations and “early release”
•Regular MBA applicants: Wednesday, April 12 (at noon EST)

• 2+2 applicants: Wednesday, April 19th (at noon EST)

Note that if we are unable to invite you to interview, you will receive an “early release” notification on the same day so you can move forward with other plans.

Interview locations / dates
• Regular MBA applicants: We will host on campus interviews on Friday, April 28. Hub city interviews will be available in London (April 28-30), New York City (April 28), and Menlo Park, CA (April 24 and May 2). Skype as needed/requested.

• 2+2 applicants: We will hold on campus interviews on Monday, May 1 and Monday, May 8. Hub city interviews will be available in London (April 28-30) and Menlo Park, CA (April 27 and May 4). Skype as needed/requested.

Remember that where you choose to interview does not affect our evaluation. It is the same trained members of the Admissions Board conducting the interviews in all locations.

Decision notification
• Regular MBA applicants: Wednesday, May 10 (at noon EST)

• 2+2 applicants: Wednesday, May 17 (at noon EST)

Phew! That was a lot for one post, but hopefully it’s helpful to have all the upcoming dates in one place.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Last night I had the privilege of attending the 17th annual “Fellowship Dinner” at HBS. The dinner is for current students who have received need-based aid to study at HBS and the donors who make it possible. It was an impactful evening (!) and it drove home a few points for me about how financial aid works at HBS that I thought I’d share:

1. SCALE IMPACT:  There were hundreds of students and donors in attendance. I intellectually know that 50% of all HBS students receive an average fellowship of $74,000 over the two years (money that doesn’t need to be paid back). But seeing everyone together—filling up three basketball courts in the HBS gym (Shad Hall)—I was struck by how many people’s lives are impacted for good.

2. PERSONAL IMPACT:  But with that “scale” the way aid works at HBS is very individual and personal. See, when alumni give, their money is not just put in a big pot and divvied up among students with need. Nor are fellowships a behind-the-scenes way of discounting tuition for some students. The funds are real money from real people, and each donor’s contribution goes to a specific student. At the Fellowship Dinner, those giving and those receiving sit next to one another, and students are able to personally thank their benefactors. At my table last night, I saw great conversations, genuine heartfelt gratitude, and budding mentor relationships take hold. It was moving.

3. LIFETIME IMPACT: Finally, I was amazed that 150+ alumni donors and guests were present. These are busy people with busy lives all over the world. But here they are on campus to support these students. Many were fellowship recipients themselves as HBS students and feel an enduring connection to the School.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Looking Ahead
The last week has been eventful in Dillon House—we sent out notifications to our regular admissions applicants and to our 2+2 applicants.

To all of you who applied—thank you. I hope you got some value out of the process in better understanding yourself and in clarifying the goals you have for the future. We certainly understand it is a lot of work to apply. So thank you.

Now, we need to start looking ahead to the Class of 2020! Here are the application submission deadlines:

• Round 1: September 6, 2017

• Round 2: January 3, 2018

• Round 3 / 2+2: TBD (sometime in early April)

The essay question will remain the same:

“As we review your application, what more would you like us to know as we consider your candidacy for the Harvard Business School MBA Program?”

We’ll open up the new application in early June. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I was invited for a call either today or tomorrow to get some general advice from the admissions committee. It is my understanding this is offered on these particular days for anyone who was offered an interview but was ultimately rejected after the interview.

Have any of you already done your calls today? Or done them previously?

What were the calls like? Did they only give you a set amount of time? Did they give you the option to call back again tomorrow for more info? Did they answer any questions about your specific application at all? Were they able to provide any advice at all really i.e. was it helpful at all?

Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3398 [0]
Given Kudos: 877
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Schools: HBS '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
lilypad234 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I was invited for a call either today or tomorrow to get some general advice from the admissions committee. It is my understanding this is offered on these particular days for anyone who was offered an interview but was ultimately rejected after the interview.

What were the calls like? Did they only give you a set amount of time? Did they give you the option to call back again tomorrow for more info? Did they answer any questions about your specific application at all? Were they able to provide any advice at all really i.e. was it helpful at all?

Thanks!

Can you please shed some light on dinged candidates, I mean what exactly it means?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
anairamitch1804 wrote:
lilypad234 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Can you please shed some light on dinged candidates, I mean what exactly it means?

"Dinged" is just another way to say "Rejected". Calls are offered to candidates who were Rejected after the interview stage.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
For what it's worth, HBS is very open to re-applicants. I have a friend who was dinged last year, re-applied this year and got in. She used Ivy Admissions Group to help her come up with a better application this year. They seem to specialize in HBS, since both the consultants went there for business schools.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
newsHBS wrote:

This fellowship dinner is a truly special event and it showcases just how much HBS financially supports the students who attend it. I'm attending on significant scholarship from the GI Bill and many of my friends pay only 50% tuition due to their previous work in social enterprise or in start-ups. HBS even gives out stipends to support students pursuing internships that pay less than average, so that they are compensated up to $1,200 per week!

The bottom line: NEVER refrain from applying to HBS for financial reasons. The value is incredible and the school will work to make sure you can afford it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Ready for 2020!
I’m happy to report that the application for the Class of 2020 is now live.

The application submission deadlines are:

MBA Class of 2020 Applicants
Round 1: September 6, 2017
Round 2: January 3, 2018
Round 3: April 2, 2018

2+2 Applicants
April 10, 2018

I’m also delighted to announce that HBS will now waive the $250 application fee for all active duty military applicants. You can read more about that update here.

The Admissions team will be traveling all over the world this summer to meet with you and chat about the MBA program. Please take a look at our Events page and fill out a “Getting Started” profile to be notified when we’re in your area.

Hope to see you soon!
Denied
12 Oct, 2016
24 Dec 2017, 21:51
Private, GMAT: 750, Q50, V41; GPA: 3.66; WE: 60 months; United States, WA; via Email [#permalink]
Denied
01 Feb, 2017
31 Jan 2018, 11:20
Private, GMAT: 760, Q49, V46; GPA: 3; WE: 88 months; United Kingdom; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q165 V165
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Filthydelphia wrote:
Denied without interview. Good luck to everyone else.

Its all goof man
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8891 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
bendalusma wrote:
Filthydelphia wrote:
Denied without interview. Good luck to everyone else.

Its all goof man

bendalusma

You are in the outdated topic. Please use the following topic for the latest Harvard discussions.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... fl=similar
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts