Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 17:45 It is currently 05 May 2024, 17:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: ISB '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V27
GPA: 3.5
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73049 [1]
Given Kudos: 18908
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1242 [0]
Given Kudos: 1207
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73049 [0]
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
adkikani wrote:
Hi bb
Let me know if my suggestions makes sense:
Every time I login to gmatclub account I invariably have an unread message or new reply to post
I participated in. I then have to select any of sub tabs under forum / GMAT / tests to access my messages
and posts and the page leads to screen shot attached.
Will it make more sense to have an additional tab of posts and message next to kudos and workbook below user name?
Alternatively we could also have profile tab next to chat on top (left to search tab)
WR,
Arpit

This is an unfamiliar approach for me.
When I login to GMAT Club, I get a pop up that offers to take me directly to the PM.... and then I have post notifications. Do you use Notifications area or not really?
Attachments

notifications.jpg
notifications.jpg [ 105.53 KiB | Viewed 2010 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
wow - I just learned something new - I have never used this area to see my replies: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ucp.php?i=291 but it is possible.... quite neat.

If you click "See all" at the bottom of the notifications window, you may see something you are asking about (?) https://gmatclub.com/forum/ucp.php?i=pr ... ode=notice
IIM School Moderator
Send PM
Hi bb
Any plans for extending the toolkit to windows and android OS in near future?
I would love to see its usage as close to GMAT club tests.
Regarding marketing of the same as your inputs here
it would make sense to redeem with kudos (so that students help each other better) and promote free trials for
test prep with more extended duration. Let me know your views.
WR,
Arpit
IIM School Moderator
Send PM
hi bb

Seems you made a little self discovery yourself while replying to my post LOL!!
I do use notifications but imagine a scenario in which I have in mind to directly go
to earlier post of mine or see a read PM. In present circumstances, I need to reply on
unread PM / new replies to posts only. Like workbook, why can't post and PM be
part of window below login name.

WR,
Arpit
Attachments

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 30.98 KiB | Viewed 1934 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
adkikani wrote:
hi bb

Seems you made a little self discovery yourself while replying to my post LOL!!
I do use notifications but imagine a scenario in which I have in mind to directly go
to earlier post of mine or see a read PM. In present circumstances, I need to reply on
unread PM / new replies to posts only. Like workbook, why can't post and PM be
part of window below login name.

WR,
Arpit

Does this help? My Posts Link.
This includes all of the topics that include your posts sorted based on the latest activity.
IIM School Moderator
Send PM
hi bb
please apologize if I posted the matter here incorrectly and divert it to correct forum.
Recently when ever I use 'request verbal experts' reply and tag two names, invariably I
have to preview it for the tagged names to enable its functionality. Let me know if any one
else has faced similar issues.
WR,
Arpit
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
adkikani wrote:
hi bb
please apologize if I posted the matter here incorrectly and divert it to correct forum.
Recently when ever I use 'request verbal experts' reply and tag two names, invariably I
have to preview it for the tagged names to enable its functionality. Let me know if any one
else has faced similar issues.
WR,
Arpit

Thank you. What you are saying is that if you tag someone with the "at symbol" then it does not actually work/trigger unless you preview or edit it? is that right?
IIM School Moderator
Send PM
Yes precisely, funny thing is I did not edit anything in PREVIEW tab.
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1242 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
hi bb / Folks

I recently came across this new tag of "New Comer's Post"(right below notifications icon) recently while browsing
and would like to express my gratitude to back end team and moderators for coming up with this idea.
gmatclub is definitely a google in itself for any aspirant and it makes lot of sense to help anyone
reply to a new post. The criteria of min three posts ensures to get correct strategy for the newcomer in his/ her journey.
Unfortunately I have no existing post to help with kudos to you guys!! :lol: :-D

WR,
Arpit
press kudos if you liked this post
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
I felt that my suggestion will allow the uses to know the root cause for their wrong answer.

A drop-down box with all possible root causes should be placed. The uses, if willing, can select the reason for their wrong answers.

The options should include the following categories:
concept deficiency
can not understand question
ignored important information(conditon) in the question
wrong understanding
appliced wrong calculation
miscalculations: wrong add, sub or mul
copied wrong data
guessed the answer
overcondifent and underestimate the complexity

This data will provide better overview of the users mistakes. Providing statistics of other uses ( eg 50% wrong undestanding, 25% ignored important information in the question, 25%miscalculation) will further help in correcting their short comings.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hello bb and Moderators of forum,

People post question on forum to get correct answers. They want to know explanations and answers asap.
I have seen that as soon as someone posts a question, the Experts reply within few minutes for most of the questions. In a way this is really good thing as we get our explanation/solution from expert but this leads to lower participation from other fellow members. In general, if we see that solution is shared by expert, we will rarely go and post our solution on top of it.

In my suggestion, if expert wait for some time before posting answers, other members will get chance to solve and share there solution/approach on forum. This way members will be motivated to solve more questions and we might see different approaches to solve a question. "

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 184 [1]
Given Kudos: 285
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.65
WE:Marketing (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb , I have a suggestion for the chat room.

I have attended two chat in this week. It is a wonderful tool for us!
Anyway, when chatroom is full of people and full of question, chat room will be li'l bit messy, especially when someone answers the question from the previous question that is disappeared because of so many messages appears in the middle.

Can we provide "quote" feature in which similar with the "reply" feature in https://gmatclub.com/chat in our chat room?
So everyone can understand what the speakers are saying, what the speakers are responding for.

Thank you!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
septwibowo wrote:
Hi bb , I have a suggestion for the chat room.

I have attended two chat in this week. It is a wonderful tool for us!
Anyway, when chatroom is full of people and full of question, chat room will be li'l bit messy, especially when someone answers the question from the previous question that is disappeared because of so many messages appears in the middle.

Can we provide "quote" feature in which similar with the "reply" feature in https://gmatclub.com/chat in our chat room?
So everyone can understand what the speakers are saying, what the speakers are responding for.

Thank you!

Thank you for the suggestion - let me see/check.
(We are working on improving some the chat features and functionality - making it less chaostic, so it may reduce the urgency of your request, but it is neat enough request on its own.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 833 [1]
Given Kudos: 235
Send PM
Kudos
Is it possible to have a report of the posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply'?

Posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply' are very important to me. Generally important questions are posted through this option. Therefore, it is needed to follow-up these questions. If there is a report as mentioned above, it will be helpful.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mahmud6 wrote:
Is it possible to have a report of the posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply'?

Posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply' are very important to me. Generally important questions are posted through this option. Therefore, it is needed to follow-up these questions. If there is a report as mentioned above, it will be helpful.

Great suggestion - you mean all posts that both have been replied to and not replied to yet?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 833 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Mahmud6 wrote:

Great suggestion - you mean all posts that both have been replied to and not replied to yet?

I truly feel humbled that you have liked my suggestion.

Yes, I meant all posts, posted through 'Request Expert Reply', with a marker/flag of 'Replied' and 'Not Replied' so that I could track.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 833 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
In CR, I am seeing a lot of topics are named as 'Which of the following most logically completes the passage?', though the passages are not same. In this case, I think the topic name should be from the the first part of the passage like the naming of SC topics. System may ban the above naming, showing up a pop-up message of what should be the topic name.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  44