GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Nov 2018, 23:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Mindful MBA

     November 13, 2018

     November 13, 2018

     12:00 PM AST

     01:00 PM AST

    Join us Nov. 13, 12 PM ET for the Mindfulness Series, Fall 2018 - Energize. The final session of a three-part series.
  • 4 Steps to a 5 Star Recommendation

     November 14, 2018

     November 14, 2018

     09:00 AM PST

     10:00 AM PST

    Nov. 14, 9 AM PST. Donna Bauman, Senior MBA Admissions Counselor and Lisa Cummings, MBA Admissions Counselor at Stratus have read tens of THOUSANDS of MBA recommendations during their time on top MBA admissions committees.

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 814
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 09:20
1
I would love if the comments appear like they do on facebook. One reply can have the quotes pertaining to it underneath and not form a new reply. I hope i expressed my thought effectively. Attaching a pic for reference
Attachments

File comment: For instance instead of 2 seperate replies. They could be one. where in you can click on the original reply and you can see all replies to that underneath. I hope I make sense here
123.png
123.png [ 97.87 KiB | Viewed 626 times ]

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16927
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 10:34
Thank you for the suggestion Hatakekakashi,

The FB approach to comments is a little tricky with forums - one is that many of our threads, such as this one is 25 pages long. What if someone comments on a post on page 20 for example? How would you be notified about it and how would you find where the latest post is/was? how would you see it?
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 814
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 20:22
bb wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion Hatakekakashi,

The FB approach to comments is a little tricky with forums - one is that many of our threads, such as this one is 25 pages long. What if someone comments on a post on page 20 for example? How would you be notified about it and how would you find where the latest post is/was? how would you see it?


Hello BB,

Considering the above scenario if someone comments on page 20, I personally feel that in only rare cases would someone find it useful. Why would I want to be notified about a comment on page 20 in the first place when all my interaction happens on page 24/25. The person who initially replies and whose reply is quoted will obviously be notified but considering a 25 page thread why should all the members in that thread be notified about it. A work around for this scenario, considering if the comment on page 20 is relevant to most people or at least to one person when a person visits the thread he/she can get notified about a new comment on page 20. Then it would be his/her wish to go ahead and see. For example I comment on 24 and 20 seems irrelevant i will do my things but if it makes sense and if i find the information useful I will go ahead and have a look at it. Regarding the notification, It can appear as "XYZ has replied to ABC comment and you could show the ABC comment as that would be the premise and if one feels it can be remotely relevant one can check else one can skip. I hope all of this makes sense bb

Regards,
HK
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16927
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 19:16
Yes, i understand the concept but this is not how the forum works or how it is built. For example, just one feature, forum posts are arranged based on the last reply. If there is a comment, and we don't bump the post, it is breaking that rule OR it will be subjecting someone to a painful search where the comment actually got posted (this leads to proliferation of SPAM, Trolls, and low quality posts)

Also, your point is that any comment on a page other than the current one is of no importance and not worth notifying others or making it visible..... I don't know that i agree.

In any case, forums are different from Blogs or Facebook - you never go back to a FB post or a Blog post really. They just die a quiet death. Forum threads, on the other hand, live for a very long time and preserve knowledge. It will be a LOT of effort to make the forum work like FB, it is not worth the effort ultimately.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Retired Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: The best is yet to come.....
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Posts: 506
GMAT ToolKit User
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 00:22
Today I have found the following regarding KUDOS Details of other users:

1. I have access to see the deails of KUDOS of other users.
2. I can see who gave KUDOS as well as to whom the user gave KUDOS.
3. I have also found that I have the option to delete all of the KUDOS of other users.
4. I can't see all of the pages of KUDOS given by the user, though I can see all of the pages of KUDOS owned by the user.
5. There is no heading in the page of KUDOS owned by the user, though there is a heading like 'Kudos given to other GMAT Club members' in the page of KUDOS given by the user.

Therefore, I am curious to know the following:

1. Is it required to provide access to all users to view KUDOS details of other users?
2. Is it necessary to provide privilege to all users to delete hard earned KUDOS of other users?
3. Are all of the avove actually open to all or I have got this privilege as a moderator?
Attachments

2.JPG
2.JPG [ 100.57 KiB | Viewed 599 times ]

1.JPG
1.JPG [ 92.71 KiB | Viewed 599 times ]


_________________

Hasan Mahmud

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16927
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 14:35
Anyone can see other's kudos. There is no reason to hide them.
Delete and Moderate features are available to you since you are a moderator.


Mahmud6 wrote:
Today I have found the following regarding KUDOS Details of other users:

1. I have access to see the deails of KUDOS of other users.
2. I can see who gave KUDOS as well as to whom the user gave KUDOS.
3. I have also found that I have the option to delete all of the KUDOS of other users.
4. I can't see all of the pages of KUDOS given by the user, though I can see all of the pages of KUDOS owned by the user.
5. There is no heading in the page of KUDOS owned by the user, though there is a heading like 'Kudos given to other GMAT Club members' in the page of KUDOS given by the user.

Therefore, I am curious to know the following:

1. Is it required to provide access to all users to view KUDOS details of other users?
2. Is it necessary to provide privilege to all users to delete hard earned KUDOS of other users?
3. Are all of the avove actually open to all or I have got this privilege as a moderator?

_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 814
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 16:25
bb wrote:
Yes, i understand the concept but this is not how the forum works or how it is built. For example, just one feature, forum posts are arranged based on the last reply. If there is a comment, and we don't bump the post, it is breaking that rule OR it will be subjecting someone to a painful search where the comment actually got posted (this leads to proliferation of SPAM, Trolls, and low quality posts)

Also, your point is that any comment on a page other than the current one is of no importance and not worth notifying others or making it visible..... I don't know that i agree.

In any case, forums are different from Blogs or Facebook - you never go back to a FB post or a Blog post really. They just die a quiet death. Forum threads, on the other hand, live for a very long time and preserve knowledge. It will be a LOT of effort to make the forum work like FB, it is not worth the effort ultimately.


Makes sense. Thanks for your perspective on the issue.

Regards,
HK
Retired Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: The best is yet to come.....
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Posts: 506
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 22:05
bb wrote:
Anyone can see other's kudos. There is no reason to hide them.
Delete and Moderate features are available to you since you are a moderator.


Mahmud6 wrote:
Today I have found the following regarding KUDOS Details of other users:

1. I have access to see the deails of KUDOS of other users.
2. I can see who gave KUDOS as well as to whom the user gave KUDOS.
3. I have also found that I have the option to delete all of the KUDOS of other users.
4. I can't see all of the pages of KUDOS given by the user, though I can see all of the pages of KUDOS owned by the user.
5. There is no heading in the page of KUDOS owned by the user, though there is a heading like 'Kudos given to other GMAT Club members' in the page of KUDOS given by the user.

Therefore, I am curious to know the following:

1. Is it required to provide access to all users to view KUDOS details of other users?
2. Is it necessary to provide privilege to all users to delete hard earned KUDOS of other users?
3. Are all of the avove actually open to all or I have got this privilege as a moderator?


Oh.. great feature for moderator :-)

However, points 4 & 5 may be fixed to polish this report.
_________________

Hasan Mahmud

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16927
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2017, 07:15
Thank you. Correct. #4 and #5 are inconsistencies and perfections.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 814
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 22:07
1
Suggestion - Make multiple notifications from the same topic as one notification.

I logged on to my GC account and saw three notifications. All i could see ( check attached pic for reference) was 3 people replying to the same thread and it was shown as new post. Instead of a new notification every time someone posts in a thread I think it would be better if all the three notifications could be clubbed as one and shown as you have 3 new/unread posts in the fuqua thread instead of 3 notifications with new post , new post , new post.

Regards,
HK
Attachments

File comment: Club all the new notifications for a thread into one
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 40.03 KiB | Viewed 466 times ]

Director
Director
User avatar
V
Joined: 06 Jan 2015
Posts: 510
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 18:46
1
Cool!!! Reply Feature add to CHAT bb Thanks a lot
Attachments

Chat Reply.jpg
Chat Reply.jpg [ 19.89 KiB | Viewed 438 times ]


_________________

आत्मनॊ मोक्षार्थम् जगद्धिताय च

Resource: GMATPrep RCs With Solution

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16927
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 18:54
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Suggestion - Make multiple notifications from the same topic as one notification.

I logged on to my GC account and saw three notifications. All i could see ( check attached pic for reference) was 3 people replying to the same thread and it was shown as new post. Instead of a new notification every time someone posts in a thread I think it would be better if all the three notifications could be clubbed as one and shown as you have 3 new/unread posts in the fuqua thread instead of 3 notifications with new post , new post , new post.

Regards,
HK



Thank you for the suggestion. We have been working on this for a little while now and hope to have it released within 30 days.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16927
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 18:54
NandishSS wrote:
Cool!!! Reply Feature add to CHAT bb Thanks a lot



Thank you for noticing!
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 814
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 20:34
bb wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion. We have been working on this for a little while now and hope to have it released within 30 days.


I look forward to the update
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1243
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 17:15
bb

Does it make sense to have 'sort by kudos' for a particular post be applicable to
all the pages? At present this feature is only applicable for the posts by experts/ members
commented on that particular page only?

Why it makes sense? For few older posts as this I can check best kudos explanations given by members in recent time.
Attachments

kudos.JPG
kudos.JPG [ 52.98 KiB | Viewed 412 times ]


_________________

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16927
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 23:42
adkikani - I am not sure i follow this question/request. Do you mean that it does not work on some of the pages of a multi-page discussion or ?
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 54
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q41 V28
GPA: 3.8
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 00:00
bb

Sir, I have seen users including myself ( once only :? ) arbitrary post questions here and there. Often Bunnel or Other moderators/admins have to post "Discussed in this forum..." like that. In this way, each and every question has got several discussion links, which are often retired or still active.

1. Could not we lock users posting here and there ? A drop down lists for all areas can be created when posting topics. Users can post only after selecting desired area.

In simple while posting , topic wise/ area wise selection should be there.

Pardon me if it is already implemented. I am an amateur player here.
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16927
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 00:32
merajul wrote:
bb

Sir, I have seen users including myself ( once only :? ) arbitrary post questions here and there. Often Bunnel or Other moderators/admins have to post "Discussed in this forum..." like that. In this way, each and every question has got several discussion links, which are often retired or still active.

1. Could not we lock users posting here and there ? A drop down lists for all areas can be created when posting topics. Users can post only after selecting desired area.

In simple while posting , topic wise/ area wise selection should be there.

Pardon me if it is already implemented. I am an amateur player here.


Thank you for the suggestion. I think I understand your question. Let me know if not.

Right now You post a new topic within the forum you want it posted. We probably could change it and force everyone posting regardless of the forum to force them to choose a forum. This may force some of the offenders to start posting in the right place but will also require everyone else to choose the forum and have an extra step. We do have about 200 forums by the way, so selecting one from a drop down isn't a super fast and easy choice process.

We do have a moderator process for warning and eventually banning users who are frequent offenders rather than casual confused individuals.... there are a lot more offenses happening by the way, that we control and moderate - tagging, posting questions properly, underlining SC's, etc. Moderators do a lot of work!
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1243
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 04:08
bb

Quote:
Do you mean that it does not work on some of the pages of a multi-page discussion or ?


Presently the 'sort kudos' functions on the page user is in. For eg: in my earlier snap, the user is on page 1
so kudos on page 1 are arranged in increasing order, but what if post with highest no of kudos in on page 5?
but ideally the functionality should sort kudos in increasing order irrespective of page 1 to 6.

What is happening right now is - user has to click 'sort by kudos' first and then select each page manually.
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16927
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 05:57
adkikani wrote:
bb

Quote:
Do you mean that it does not work on some of the pages of a multi-page discussion or ?


Presently the 'sort kudos' functions on the page user is in. For eg: in my earlier snap, the user is on page 1
so kudos on page 1 are arranged in increasing order, but what if post with highest no of kudos in on page 5?
but ideally the functionality should sort kudos in increasing order irrespective of page 1 to 6.

What is happening right now is - user has to click 'sort by kudos' first and then select each page manually.


Oh.... that's how how it is supposed to work. It is supposed to take all posts from the entire discussion and arrange them by Kudos.
It seems to work correctly in this discussion: https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ma ... ml?kudos=1
You can see there is quite a spread of dates.
Attachments

dates-sort-bykudos.jpg
dates-sort-bykudos.jpg [ 150.27 KiB | Viewed 360 times ]


_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here &nbs [#permalink] 23 Oct 2017, 05:57

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  31    Next  [ 613 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.