GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 16:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

     December 16, 2018

     December 16, 2018

     07:00 AM PST

     09:00 AM PST

    Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.
  • Free GMAT Prep Hour

     December 16, 2018

     December 16, 2018

     03:00 PM EST

     04:00 PM EST

    Strategies and techniques for approaching featured GMAT topics

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2017
Posts: 15
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: ISB '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V27
GPA: 3.5
WE: Research (Other)
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2017, 21:55
Hey bb

A suggestion with regard to the Timer on the questions. It would be great if the timer could display the choice that you selected when answering the questions.

For instance, after answering the question the timer does display the correct answer with a green background, but it does not show which is the answer you selected.

The reason behind requesting the feature is because many a times after reviewing the question and each answer choice I tend to get confused with the answer that I had selected. This especially happens when the answer choice that I had selected is wrong. If the answer choice that had been selected could be stored in the workbook, it would just serve as a good reference point when reviewing the workbook again.
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16985
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 07:04
1
sails901 wrote:
Hey bb

A suggestion with regard to the Timer on the questions. It would be great if the timer could display the choice that you selected when answering the questions.

For instance, after answering the question the timer does display the correct answer with a green background, but it does not show which is the answer you selected.

The reason behind requesting the feature is because many a times after reviewing the question and each answer choice I tend to get confused with the answer that I had selected. This especially happens when the answer choice that I had selected is wrong. If the answer choice that had been selected could be stored in the workbook, it would just serve as a good reference point when reviewing the workbook again.



We used to have this feature enabled. However, users have asked to remove it since they did not want to see their answer when revisiting/reattempting the question. Currently, you can see this information in your workbook.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1269
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 08:24
Hi bb
Let me know if my suggestions makes sense:
Every time I login to gmatclub account I invariably have an unread message or new reply to post
I participated in. I then have to select any of sub tabs under forum / GMAT / tests to access my messages
and posts and the page leads to screen shot attached.
Will it make more sense to have an additional tab of posts and message next to kudos and workbook below user name?
Alternatively we could also have profile tab next to chat on top (left to search tab)
WR,
Arpit
Attachments

File comment: profile details
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 16.62 KiB | Viewed 874 times ]


_________________

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16985
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 17:01
adkikani wrote:
Hi bb
Let me know if my suggestions makes sense:
Every time I login to gmatclub account I invariably have an unread message or new reply to post
I participated in. I then have to select any of sub tabs under forum / GMAT / tests to access my messages
and posts and the page leads to screen shot attached.
Will it make more sense to have an additional tab of posts and message next to kudos and workbook below user name?
Alternatively we could also have profile tab next to chat on top (left to search tab)
WR,
Arpit



This is an unfamiliar approach for me.
When I login to GMAT Club, I get a pop up that offers to take me directly to the PM.... and then I have post notifications. Do you use Notifications area or not really?
Attachments

notifications.jpg
notifications.jpg [ 105.53 KiB | Viewed 842 times ]


_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16985
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 17:02
wow - I just learned something new - I have never used this area to see my replies: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ucp.php?i=291 but it is possible.... quite neat.

If you click "See all" at the bottom of the notifications window, you may see something you are asking about (?) https://gmatclub.com/forum/ucp.php?i=pr ... ode=notice
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1269
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 07:49
Hi bb
Any plans for extending the toolkit to windows and android OS in near future?
I would love to see its usage as close to GMAT club tests.
Regarding marketing of the same as your inputs here
it would make sense to redeem with kudos (so that students help each other better) and promote free trials for
test prep with more extended duration. Let me know your views.
WR,
Arpit
_________________

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1269
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 08:43
hi bb

Seems you made a little self discovery yourself while replying to my post LOL!!
I do use notifications but imagine a scenario in which I have in mind to directly go
to earlier post of mine or see a read PM. In present circumstances, I need to reply on
unread PM / new replies to posts only. Like workbook, why can't post and PM be
part of window below login name.

WR,
Arpit
Attachments

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 30.98 KiB | Viewed 765 times ]


_________________

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16985
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 11:37
adkikani wrote:
hi bb

Seems you made a little self discovery yourself while replying to my post LOL!!
I do use notifications but imagine a scenario in which I have in mind to directly go
to earlier post of mine or see a read PM. In present circumstances, I need to reply on
unread PM / new replies to posts only. Like workbook, why can't post and PM be
part of window below login name.

WR,
Arpit



Does this help? My Posts Link.
This includes all of the topics that include your posts sorted based on the latest activity.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1269
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2017, 10:07
hi bb
please apologize if I posted the matter here incorrectly and divert it to correct forum.
Recently when ever I use 'request verbal experts' reply and tag two names, invariably I
have to preview it for the tagged names to enable its functionality. Let me know if any one
else has faced similar issues.
WR,
Arpit
_________________

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16985
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2017, 10:09
adkikani wrote:
hi bb
please apologize if I posted the matter here incorrectly and divert it to correct forum.
Recently when ever I use 'request verbal experts' reply and tag two names, invariably I
have to preview it for the tagged names to enable its functionality. Let me know if any one
else has faced similar issues.
WR,
Arpit



Thank you. What you are saying is that if you tag someone with the "at symbol" then it does not actually work/trigger unless you preview or edit it? is that right?
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1269
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2017, 10:12
Yes precisely, funny thing is I did not edit anything in PREVIEW tab.
_________________

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1269
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2017, 06:09
1
hi bb / Folks

I recently came across this new tag of "New Comer's Post"(right below notifications icon) recently while browsing
and would like to express my gratitude to back end team and moderators for coming up with this idea.
gmatclub is definitely a google in itself for any aspirant and it makes lot of sense to help anyone
reply to a new post. The criteria of min three posts ensures to get correct strategy for the newcomer in his/ her journey.
Unfortunately I have no existing post to help with kudos to you guys!! :lol: :-D

WR,
Arpit
press kudos if you liked this post
_________________

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 1
CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2017, 02:09
I felt that my suggestion will allow the uses to know the root cause for their wrong answer.

A drop-down box with all possible root causes should be placed. The uses, if willing, can select the reason for their wrong answers.

The options should include the following categories:
concept deficiency
can not understand question
ignored important information(conditon) in the question
wrong understanding
appliced wrong calculation
miscalculations: wrong add, sub or mul
copied wrong data
guessed the answer
overcondifent and underestimate the complexity

This data will provide better overview of the users mistakes. Providing statistics of other uses ( eg 50% wrong undestanding, 25% ignored important information in the question, 25%miscalculation) will further help in correcting their short comings.
Current Student
User avatar
P
Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Posts: 293
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2017, 20:45
Hello bb and Moderators of forum,


People post question on forum to get correct answers. They want to know explanations and answers asap.
I have seen that as soon as someone posts a question, the Experts reply within few minutes for most of the questions. In a way this is really good thing as we get our explanation/solution from expert but this leads to lower participation from other fellow members. In general, if we see that solution is shared by expert, we will rarely go and post our solution on top of it.

In my suggestion, if expert wait for some time before posting answers, other members will get chance to solve and share there solution/approach on forum. This way members will be motivated to solve more questions and we might see different approaches to solve a question. "

Thanks
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 27 Dec 2016
Posts: 237
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.65
WE: Marketing (Education)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2017, 07:30
1
Hi bb , I have a suggestion for the chat room.

I have attended two chat in this week. It is a wonderful tool for us!
Anyway, when chatroom is full of people and full of question, chat room will be li'l bit messy, especially when someone answers the question from the previous question that is disappeared because of so many messages appears in the middle.

Can we provide "quote" feature in which similar with the "reply" feature in Whatsapp in our chat room?
So everyone can understand what the speakers are saying, what the speakers are responding for.

Thank you!
_________________

There's an app for that - Steve Jobs.

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16985
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2017, 08:10
septwibowo wrote:
Hi bb , I have a suggestion for the chat room.

I have attended two chat in this week. It is a wonderful tool for us!
Anyway, when chatroom is full of people and full of question, chat room will be li'l bit messy, especially when someone answers the question from the previous question that is disappeared because of so many messages appears in the middle.

Can we provide "quote" feature in which similar with the "reply" feature in Whatsapp in our chat room?
So everyone can understand what the speakers are saying, what the speakers are responding for.

Thank you!



Thank you for the suggestion - let me see/check.
(We are working on improving some the chat features and functionality - making it less chaostic, so it may reduce the urgency of your request, but it is neat enough request on its own.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Retired Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: The best is yet to come.....
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Posts: 499
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2017, 03:24
1
Is it possible to have a report of the posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply'?

Posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply' are very important to me. Generally important questions are posted through this option. Therefore, it is needed to follow-up these questions. If there is a report as mentioned above, it will be helpful.
_________________

Hasan Mahmud

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16985
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 05:10
Mahmud6 wrote:
Is it possible to have a report of the posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply'?

Posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply' are very important to me. Generally important questions are posted through this option. Therefore, it is needed to follow-up these questions. If there is a report as mentioned above, it will be helpful.



Great suggestion - you mean all posts that both have been replied to and not replied to yet?
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Retired Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: The best is yet to come.....
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Posts: 499
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 07:01
bb wrote:
Mahmud6 wrote:
Is it possible to have a report of the posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply'?

Posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply' are very important to me. Generally important questions are posted through this option. Therefore, it is needed to follow-up these questions. If there is a report as mentioned above, it will be helpful.



Great suggestion - you mean all posts that both have been replied to and not replied to yet?


I truly feel humbled that you have liked my suggestion.

Yes, I meant all posts, posted through 'Request Expert Reply', with a marker/flag of 'Replied' and 'Not Replied' so that I could track.
_________________

Hasan Mahmud

Retired Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: The best is yet to come.....
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Posts: 499
GMAT ToolKit User
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 03:34
1
In CR, I am seeing a lot of topics are named as 'Which of the following most logically completes the passage?', though the passages are not same. In this case, I think the topic name should be from the the first part of the passage like the naming of SC topics. System may ban the above naming, showing up a pop-up message of what should be the topic name.
_________________

Hasan Mahmud

GMAT Club Bot
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here &nbs [#permalink] 08 Oct 2017, 03:34

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  31    Next  [ 618 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.