Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:09 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: MBA HEC Montreal Class of 2019 (Matriculating 2018) [#permalink]
Hi,
I got the official admission letter yesterday night.. if there is no https://gmatclub.com/chat group, lets create one.. Pls PM me your numbers so that I can create and add members..

I also dont see any scholarship.. Does scholarship letter come separately..?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
i have sent you a pm GMSEMBA
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMSEMBA wrote:
Hi,
I got the official admission letter yesterday night.. if there is no https://gmatclub.com/chat group, lets create one.. Pls PM me your numbers so that I can create and add members..

I also dont see any scholarship.. Does scholarship letter come separately..?

sent you PM

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Got admit... hello guys! :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Congrats to all the admitted students.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Xado Technology Inc., Shomal University
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi I got admitted. Do you know how long after graduation we can stsy with our work permit? We pass 54 credit but in one year. Do they give us three year work permit or one year? In cic website it is said that accelerated programs such as hec may be considered as a program that took longer time.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V33
GPA: 1.6
Send PM
I have sent u a PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I had a 640 GMAT score and have received an admission offer from HEC Montreal this week. :)

However, I had few concerns in terms of employment rate post MBA. I have read multiple posts that knowing French is a must to get a good job there. I am from India and of course, I can learn French but won't be that fluent in a year. Can anyone possibly help me to make the right decision here?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Shwetaa14 wrote:
Hi,

I had a 640 GMAT score and have received an admission offer from HEC Montreal this week. :)

However, I had few concerns in terms of employment rate post MBA. I have read multiple posts that knowing French is a must to get a good job there. I am from India and of course, I can learn French but won't be that fluent in a year. Can anyone possibly help me to make the right decision here?

Thanks

French is necessary to land a job in Quebec. It will be extremely difficult for you to to be business proficient in French in one year. As a non Canadian I would say you have less than 1% chance of landing a job without French proficiency in Montreal. I am not trying to discourage you but want to give you a realistic idea of what to expect.

Remember in general, Canada is a very tough job market.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
Send PM
quantified wrote:
Shwetaa14 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

French is necessary to land a job in Quebec. It will be extremely difficult for you to to be business proficient in French in one year. As a non Canadian I would say you have less than 1% chance of landing a job without French proficiency in Montreal. I am not trying to discourage you but want to give you a realistic idea of what to expect.

I live in Quebec
can confirm that.
I would say almost 0 chances to get a job in consulting without french. Odds are high that you won't be even able to pass through HR.
Again, that applies to consulting jobs, where you have to interact with clients both internal and external.
If you, lets say, in quant finance, it doesn't really matter whether you know french or not.
Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
quantified wrote:
Shwetaa14 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

what about the chances of getting a job in other cities such as toronto or vancouver after HEC?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
for god sake add me to watsapp group !!!! PM me I got admitted
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, I am aman from Bangalore and I got an admit in Hec Montreal. Please add me to https://gmatclub.com/chat group. Have lot of queries. +91 9663870199

Sent from my SM-N920I using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
leo2017 wrote:
cbh wrote:
arjunksg wrote:
My understanding is that the duration of the work permit equals the duration of the programme (unless it is a 2 year programme, in which case the work permit is for 3 years). So, in the case of the HEC MBA, it should be 1 year.

yes you are right
https://www.canadavisa.com/post-graduat ... ogram.html

I get in touch with someone in previous French cohort. He told me most ppl in their batch including himself get 3 year PGWP. However, there's a slightly chances for someone to get 1 year visa. It has nothing to be with applying from online or at the board station, since someone still got a 3 year visa at the board. Just FYI. I think this is a crucial information for international students before making decision.

Further anyone can help me out on the scholarship thing? If nothing showed on the admission offer, how can I confirm the 7k CAD scholarship? I wrote letters to school and the letter was forwarded back and force and I still didn't get any confirmation yet.

Ferench cohort study for 2 years not 1 year. that's the problem.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I got admit in the second round.
However, I have few queries.
> Is it difficult to get visa stamped as HEC Montreal is a French institution.(A friend of mine working in Montreal told me about it)
> I am from India and have no knowledge of French, also it is practically impossible to be proficient in a year.
Does anyone have knowledge about previous batch who have done MBA in English from HEC?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
adarshmore wrote:
Hi Guys,

I got admit in the second round.
However, I have few queries.
> Is it difficult to get visa stamped as HEC Montreal is a French institution.(A friend of mine working in Montreal told me about it)
> I am from India and have no knowledge of French, also it is practically impossible to be proficient in a year.
Does anyone have knowledge about previous batch who have done MBA in English from HEC?

Congratulations on the admission offered to you.
Don't believe everything you hear.
Canada is a very welcoming country and stamping of a genuine visa should not be a concern to you. Arrivals at Canadian airports are one of the best arrival experiences and are very friendly.

But, I guess you implied obtaining a student visa which is again a standard procedure and there is no bias on account of HEC Montreal admission. However, processing experience may vary based on individual cases.

French proficiency is not impossible but difficult and it also depends on what level of proficiency you aim for.

I believe you have been offered admission to the English cohort for 2018. you may confirm the same either from the application package you sent or from the admission offer. MBA in English is offered at HEC Montreal every year in summers and has a significant participation of candidates from India. I would suggest you do some research on LinkedIn or other social networking sites.

There is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group of candidates who have been offered admission for Summer 2018. You may share your contact details by a PM if you wish to join the same.
Admitted
29 Nov, 2017
12 Dec 2017, 14:05
Private, GMAT: 660, Q47, V35; GPA: 2.5; WE: 53 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts