GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 14:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MBA HEC Montreal Class of 2019 (Matriculating 2018)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Re: MBA HEC Montreal Class of 2019 (Matriculating 2018)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 00:11
Congrats to all admitted, guys, best of luck to you in your studies. I think this is a great program, and it has a great time value....and as all we know - time is the only investment you can't earn back))
Admitted
10 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 680, Q49, V34; GPA: 3.4; WE: 60 months; India; via Email
Admitted
15 Oct, 2017
Gomze GMAT: 650, Q47, V34; GPA: 3; WE: 36 months; India; via Email
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 08:08
Hello,

I received my admission offer 2 weeks ago and just decided to accept it. Please let me know if there is a WhatsApp group I can join.
There are still 4 months to the start of the program and I would like to ask folks some of the things we could prepare for.

1. Basic French lessons?
2. For international students interested in a PR after work, we'll only be getting a year permit. QSW program is taking more than 2 years I have heard. Anyone thinking of alternatives? With a good ielts and profile, Express entry is definitely an option.
3. Also did anyone from India start on the immigration process for the study permit? I feel like I am already late to this.

Thanks,
Vishal Kankatala
Intern
Intern
MBA HEC Montreal Class of 2019 (Matriculating 2018)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 21:08
Hi Everyone,

I got admission offer from HEC Montreal for the MBA in English program, Class 2019. I have Pmed my number to fermar84 and vks0088
Someone please add me in whatsapp group. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 06:47
hello DreaMzTrUE I have added you to the Admitted group of HEC class of 2019
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 12:12
Hi Everyone,
I am a recent admit to Hec Montreal, got my call in R2 and I have confirmed it. If there is a Whatsapp group created kindly let me know , I will forward you my number.
Cheers!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 05:18
Hi. Anyone has any idea wrt the Job Opportunity post MBA from HEC Montreal for Non-French speaking people? I understand that French is dominant in Montreal. Also, how easy or difficult would it be to get a job in Toronto or Vancouver after graduating from HEC?
My Background- Indian with 10 years of work-ex.
Thx in advance.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 13:18
Its difficult as far as I know but still possible..
If you have prior experience in Canada, it may be easier.

If you dont have any canadian experience, pls try for Ivey, Queens, Rotman, UBC Sauder or Schulich.

gautamsaraf wrote:
Hi. Anyone has any idea wrt the Job Opportunity post MBA from HEC Montreal for Non-French speaking people? I understand that French is dominant in Montreal. Also, how easy or difficult would it be to get a job in Toronto or Vancouver after graduating from HEC?
My Background- Indian with 10 years of work-ex.
Thx in advance.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V29
GMAT 3: 670 Q50 V29
GRE 1: Q168 V152

GRE 2: Q170 V170

GRE 3: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2017, 00:18
All,

I know I am too late to apply for HEC but yet I will give my best shot in R3.

Profile:

Name: Ramneek Singh
Nationality: Indian and Canadian PR holder
Work Experience: 4.5 years experience in Semiconductors Industry
Extra-curricular: Decent amount of leadership and community service
Education: Bachelors in Electronics from PEC (7.71/10)
GRE: 320 GRE and no GMAT
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 20:06
Hi All

I have accepted the offer of admission from HEC Montreal.
I am from India.
If someone has created a whatsapp group, please pm me. I will share my contact number.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 22:36
Hi guys@,

I'm applying for the 2018 session and facing issues with the LOR document. Can anyone here help me with how they managed to fill the LOR by editing and saving it first and then having their referee do the same?

Thanks !
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 23:01
MBAspirant2018 wrote:
Hi guys@,

I'm applying for the 2018 session and facing issues with the LOR document. Can anyone here help me with how they managed to fill the LOR by editing and saving it first and then having their referee do the same?

Thanks !

I encounter similar issues when applying. you must be using MAC. there are two ways to fix: 1) change to windows platform( you reference) 2) on max os, they need to print the form and save as pdf. that changed the form to image.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 23:19
leo2017 wrote:
MBAspirant2018 wrote:
Hi guys@,

Thanks !

I encounter similar issues when applying. you must be using MAC. there are two ways to fix: 1) change to windows platform( you reference) 2) on max os, they need to print the form and save as pdf. that changed the form to image.

Thanks leo2017. I'm already using windows .. the link opens up as a new tab (on my chrome browser) which is editable but then gets saved as a non-editable document.
Can you please let me know how you prepared your LOR?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 12:34
Hi, just read your post. Though I'm applying to PhD, and not MBA, I may be able to help out in this issue. I just submitted my application today for Fall 2018. The LOR can be opened in NitroPro as an editable PDF. You can fill your details, save and send it to the referee, who can fill it in the same way, granted that he has NitroPro or a similar program. Hope this helps.

I have a question, if someone can help. I've been looking for forums relating to PhD at Montreal business schools, but haven't been able to find one. Can anyone guide me on the average or least accepted GMAT scores for PhD admission in HEC and McGill? I have a dismal score of 580 (Q39, V31). I have sent in my application to both these schools regardless as I heard they consider the whole package and a low GMAT may be offset by other factors if they are really strong. I hold an MBA, an MPhil, as well as have completed PhD coursework from Pakistan. I have high CGPA of 3.94 & 3.75 for MPhil & PhD coursework respectively, plus an 8.5 in IELTS academic. I also have a couple of international publications and research awards, and a 6 year experience in a communications firm as a researcher. I have a moderate comprehension level of reading, writing & speaking French, and am a Quebec resident. Am I right in thinking these other factors may count positively towards my application, or do these schools desk-reject applications only on the basis of low GMAT, and not even look at the other documents, as is mentioned on sooooo many forums? Kindly let me know, as I'm getting really anxious.

Nadia
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 00:34
NadiaUmair wrote:
Hi, just read your post. Though I'm applying to PhD, and not MBA, I may be able to help out in this issue. I just submitted my application today for Fall 2018. The LOR can be opened in NitroPro as an editable PDF. You can fill your details, save and send it to the referee, who can fill it in the same way, granted that he has NitroPro or a similar program. Hope this helps.

I have a question, if someone can help. I've been looking for forums relating to PhD at Montreal business schools, but haven't been able to find one. Can anyone guide me on the average or least accepted GMAT scores for PhD admission in HEC and McGill? I have a dismal score of 580 (Q39, V31). I have sent in my application to both these schools regardless as I heard they consider the whole package and a low GMAT may be offset by other factors if they are really strong. I hold an MBA, an MPhil, as well as have completed PhD coursework from Pakistan. I have high CGPA of 3.94 & 3.75 for MPhil & PhD coursework respectively, plus an 8.5 in IELTS academic. I also have a couple of international publications and research awards, and a 6 year experience in a communications firm as a researcher. I have a moderate comprehension level of reading, writing & speaking French, and am a Quebec resident. Am I right in thinking these other factors may count positively towards my application, or do these schools desk-reject applications only on the basis of low GMAT, and not even look at the other documents, as is mentioned on sooooo many forums? Kindly let me know, as I'm getting really anxious.

Nadia

Thanks Nadia! It worked :-)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2018, 05:12
Hey Guys.. i submitted my online application 3 days ago and uploaded the supporting documents today. The LOR was emailed by my referees separately. Haven't received the video essay link though. Any clue when I can expect it?
Thanks a ton
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2018, 09:22
Anyone got an answer yet for part-time summer 2018 R3?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2018, 13:30
Hi everybody got the offer and accepted it. 3rd round, full time 2018 MBA
GMAT score 650 Q50 V28
GPA 4.17/5
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 02:39
Hello everyone.

Abdo here, it's good to see that acceptance rate is quite high within the forum

I Applied in round 3 but haven't got a reply yet. Let's see how it goes

GMat: 650 gpa:2.7
11 years experience (entrepreneur)

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
MBA HEC Montreal Class of 2019 (Matriculating 2018) &nbs [#permalink] 26 Jan 2018, 02:39

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 221 posts ] 

MBA HEC Montreal Class of 2019 (Matriculating 2018)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap