Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 23:38 It is currently 22 May 2024, 23:38
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10074 [0]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
bitenca wrote:
solitaryreaper wrote:
Guys !

I have another query. I'm about to apply to Krannert but I haven't sent my official scores of GMAT and TOEFL to Krannert yet. I'm targeting the R2 deadline (Jan 15th).
If I submit my unofficial scores (scanned copies of test reports ) now with the online application, will the adcom consider my application for R2 deadline?
fandyrachmanto , MbaRacer , fandyrachmanto anyone?

Best regards
SR

Hello!

As far as I know they will only consider you for the adcom comitee once all the oficial reports are in. But you can check further with NIck Rambo (look for him on linkedin and shoot him a message).
But I think that we are pretty close to Christmas and I think they are already on their break.

Good luck on your application!

Eddie Bitenca

Thanks for the help Eddie !
Invited to Interview
19 Dec, 2017
20 Dec 2017, 10:22
Private, GMAT: 680, Q50, V31; GPA: 3.98; WE: 90 months; United States, TX; via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Krannert (Purdue) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hi bitenca

Do you remember the video prompts of Krannert?
What are the types of questions? Are they about the program or behavioural?

Originally posted by MbaRacer on 21 Dec 2017, 07:41.
Last edited by MbaRacer on 25 Dec 2017, 05:23, edited 1 time in total.
Admitted
21 Dec, 2017
21 Dec 2017, 11:28
purduembastudent GMAT: 700, Q59, V34; GPA: 3.15; WE: 36 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys,

I'm still confused with regards to the diversity essay. Online application does mention diversity essay is recommended for determining fellowships/funding. At the same time it mentions:

"The Purdue University Doctoral Fellowship, David M. Knox Fellowship, or George Washington Carver Fellowship, requires the submission of the diversity essay. Potential recipients of these fellowships are students who have received a degree from an accredited U.S. high school (include name of U.S. High School, City, State, and Zip code in your essay) and demonstrate superior academic achievements and abilities."

As an international student seeking fellowship, should I submit the diversity essay or it is only for domestic applicants(US citizens). Your opinion?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
SR
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Kudos
Hey!
I did not do it and I still received a GA. But if you have strong intentions to walk a second mile, so to speak, just do it. I don’t think that it will harm you anyway. Be confident and cristal clear on your Div.Essay.
Good luck,

Best,

Eddie

Enviado do meu iPhone usando GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bitenca wrote:
Hey!
I did not do it and I still received a GA. But if you have strong intentions to walk a second mile, so to speak, just do it. I don’t think that it will harm you anyway. Be confident and cristal clear on your Div.Essay.
Good luck,

Best,

Eddie

Enviado do meu iPhone usando GMAT Club Forum

Thanks a lot Eddie :)
Admitted
22 Dec, 2017
26 Dec 2017, 20:21
Private, GMAT: 690, Q47, V38; GPA: 3.89; WE: 48 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
smahapa2 wrote:
Admitted on: 2017/12/22
GMAT: 690, Q47, V38
GPA: 3.89
WE: 48 months
Heard back via: Email

smahapa2

Congratulations smahapa2. Can you please let me know when were you interviewed?

Thanks and Regards,
Macintosh1402
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Macintosh1402 wrote:
smahapa2 wrote:
Admitted on: 2017/12/22
GMAT: 690, Q47, V38
WE: 48 months
Heard back via: Email

smahapa2

Congratulations smahapa2. Can you please let me know when were you interviewed?

Thanks and Regards,
Macintosh1402

Thanks Macintosh1402!
I was interviewed on 15th Dec 2017 and received the decision on 22nd.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Hello All,

I have a 650 on GMAT (Q43 and V37). Is it advisable for me to apply to Purdue-Krannert for an MBA? Below are my profile details :-

Qualification :- Bachelors of Engineering (BE) and Master of Science (MS) -- both First Class degrees, Full time from Indian Universities
Work Ex :- 4.5+ in a reputed IT firm. Working as a Senior Engineer now.

Waiting to get my TOEFL scores.

Kindly let me know if I could give a shot with this profile. Have I got any fair chances for a seat and/or a scholarship ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Kishore
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
The Purdue-Krannert's 2017 Employment report at Poets&Quants mentions Bain&Co, McKinsey&Co, strategy&. Do these companies really hire MBAs at Purdue?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ankitsahu84 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about Kira video essay? How many questions? what examples of the question asked?

Hi Mo2men,
I completed my Kira essay. It had 6 video questions, most had 20 - 30 secs to prepare and 1 minute to answer, I believe there was one where I had to answer in 1.5 minutes.

The questions were pretty basic like describe a situation where you were leading a team or what did you learn from a failure of yours...

Hope this helps.

Hi. I am applying for Purdue Master in Accounting 2018 and not MBA. I saw the KIRA video essay. Is it included in the online application on their website? I have not seen it anywhere and heard that the application is not considered complete if the video essay is not done. Can anyone tell me where and how you guys accessed it? Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 251
Concentration: General Management, General Management
Send PM
Hi anyone who has been interviewed, can you please share some details about it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
coolnuts wrote:
Hi anyone who has been interviewed, can you please share some details about it.

Hi coolnuts,

My interview was mostly around the general questions- Why MBA? Why now? Long Term and Short term goals? Why Purdue?

It was a pleasant conversation and I have a feeling that they place a lot of importance on Why Purdue? part. The lady who interviewed me<I forgot her name>, was watching me intently while I was answering that question. Also be thorough with your resume.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 251
Concentration: General Management, General Management
Send PM
Thank you very much......for the help.

Invited to Interview
09 Jan, 2018
15 Jan 2018, 00:37
Private, GMAT: 710, Q49, V38; GPA: 3.65; WE: 70 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gilangpermana wrote:
gilangpermana wrote:
bitenca wrote:
[quote="solitaryreaper"]Guys !

I have another query. I'm about to apply to Krannert but I haven't sent my official scores of GMAT and TOEFL to Krannert yet. I'm targeting the R2 deadline (Jan 15th).
If I submit my unofficial scores (scanned copies of test reports ) now with the online application, will the adcom consider my application for R2 deadline?
fandyrachmanto , MbaRacer , fandyrachmanto anyone?

Best regards
SR

Hello!

As far as I know they will only consider you for the adcom comitee once all the oficial reports are in. But you can check further with NIck Rambo (look for him on linkedin and shoot him a message).
But I think that we are pretty close to Christmas and I think they are already on their break.

Good luck on your application!

Eddie Bitenca

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I will have my interview today, does anyone have experience when will be the interview decision if taken in this holiday period ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]
I got admitted on 2018/01/11.
Interviewed on 2017/12/20.

Best of luck for all of you who got interviewed.
Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G955F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts