Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:26 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 560 Q42 V26
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake [#permalink]
Apply for the Coop program in DeGroote only if you have 50 lakhs with you ..!!

I got a final admit in the program and I enquire about the fee so came to know about this fact .

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake [#permalink]
Thank you Sarah and Arpit!

Looks like I cannot afford the program... I have a budget of around 20-25lacs INR... Is there any other programs near Toronto or Montreal that will fit my budget apart from Ryerson.

I have heard about the Lazaridis MBA... But I am not sure about it’s reputation.. anyone here can throw some light on this program?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
karthiksmartguy wrote:

Looks like I cannot afford the program... I have a budget of around 20-25lacs INR... Is there any other programs near Toronto or Montreal that will fit my budget apart from Ryerson.

I have heard about the Lazaridis MBA... But I am not sure about it’s reputation.. anyone here can throw some light on this program?

Lazaridis is a solid program, and you'd be eligible for their 1 year program which runs at 44,000 CAD for international students. Their minimum GMAT is 550 so you meet all requirements from what I can tell!

Sent from my LG-H873 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
karthiksmartguy wrote:

Same here karthik , i have a budget of 20-25 lakhs , please let me know if you have any college in list upto this budget , and mcmaster is likely to increase its feess this year.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sarah0826 wrote:
karthiksmartguy wrote:

Lazaridis is a solid program, and you'd be eligible for their 1 year program which runs at 44,000 CAD for international students. Their minimum GMAT is 550 so you meet all requirements from what I can tell!

Thanks Sarah , do let me know if you have any other college , i have 570 in Gmat / 2.8 years of work ex in US based MNC and i have to take admit by this year only.
Thank you .

Intern
Intern
Send PM
arpit20 wrote:
sarah0826 wrote:
karthiksmartguy wrote:

Thanks Sarah , do let me know if you have any other college , i have 570 in Gmat / 2.8 years of work ex in US based MNC and i have to take admit by this year only.
Thank you .

Hey arpit,

I have dropped an email to the Lazaridis MBA contact. The website says they prefer international students apply before January. But not sure if they still open to applications cause they have a rolling admission process.

As for other choices, my dream choices would be near Toronto since my current and past employers as well as clients have big offices here. Ryerson and Brock are the only options i see. Brock is very poorly rated would stay away from it all day.

Besides them, i am looking at UVIC Peter B Gustavson MBA, a coop mba with a student exchange program. They've tie ups with top B schools in the world. They've tie ups with IIM Bangalore too so found it interesting. There is also Asper MBA where you can do professional certifications like CPA, CBAP along with the MBA program. But neither of these cities have a great job market, although Victoria is a 2hr ferry ride from Vancouver you could risk going there because of its proximity to Vancouver.

If you're looking for some certifications Asper is a good place.

I'm also looking at Sobey school at Halifax, liked their curriculum and structure.

This is my list for now... Ryerson and lazaridis will be my first choice programs... For backup will apply to one of the other places...

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the info karthik , i applied in RYERSON 3 weeks back . Didnt get any communication from then yet . Waiting for them . I will apply in concordia as well .
Yes you are right Brock is not a good option . Will check UVIC .

Thanks again.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 262
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
So have u supplied them with each document as in LOR,SOP etc.I know people who have received Kira invite for Ryerson.

arpit20 wrote:
Thanks for the info karthik , i applied in RYERSON 3 weeks back . Didnt get any communication from then yet . Waiting for them . I will apply in concordia as well .
Yes you are right Brock is not a good option . Will check UVIC .

Thanks again.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Yeah i submitted the whole application and completed the Kira interview as well

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone, I am newly admitted Full-time MBA~ Saludos desde Beijing.

My background : 3 years work experience in China, Cuba and Mexico. Working in Engineering Procurement Construction
Speaking English, Spanish and Chinese. Gmat 640(V48, Q30)

Hope to meet classmates :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
quique111 wrote:
Hello everyone, I am newly admitted Full-time MBA~ Saludos desde Beijing.

My background : 3 years work experience in China, Cuba and Mexico. Working in Engineering Procurement Construction
Speaking English, Spanish and Chinese. Gmat 640(V48, Q30)

Hope to meet classmates :)

Hi there! Congrats on your admission! What was your timeline like? Ie around when did you first apply, how long did it take to hear etc? :)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 640 Q46 V34
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
any reviews for the FTMBA Program...have been selected for the same...would need valuable inputs
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 459
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V29
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Human Resources)
Send PM
Hi,
Received an offer for FT.. Any https://gmatclub.com/chat group created for FT admits ? Would like to join.
Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
Send PM
Hi,

I have submitted my application for FT MBA. I was wondering if it is possible that the admission committee consider my application for the Co-op MBA as my work ex is on the lower side.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is the FT MBA very bad?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [3]
Send PM
Kudos