It is currently 19 Apr 2018, 23:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.84
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 08:55
So what i remember is that my friend initial round was done by Rita in which she asked some basic questions as why Degroote and why Coop and why such a low score alongwith a bit aspirations.

Next round was a bit less as in for 25-30 minutes in which the whole process was same as in the set of behavioral questions asked and all
shan48 wrote:
Hey,
My undergrad gpa is pretty average..maybe that...Anyway, so what happens in this 2nd interview for <600 people and that too when he says it's going to take just 10minutes ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 09:03
himanshukamra2711 wrote:
So what i remember is that my friend initial round was done by Rita in which she asked some basic questions as why Degroote and why Coop and why such a low score alongwith a bit aspirations.

Next round was a bit less as in for 25-30 minutes in which the whole process was same as in the set of behavioral questions asked and all
shan48 wrote:
Hey,
My undergrad gpa is pretty average..maybe that...Anyway, so what happens in this 2nd interview for <600 people and that too when he says it's going to take just 10minutes ?

Okay. I already had all those questions in the first interview which was about 2 hours long anyway.
Let's see what they ask tomorrow.
Thanks for the help!

Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.84

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 09:12
Everything will be fine brother
Don't worry.

Best wishes
shan48 wrote:
himanshukamra2711 wrote:

shan48 wrote:
Hey,

Okay. I already had all those questions in the first interview which was about 2 hours long anyway.
Let's see what they ask tomorrow.
Thanks for the help!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 19:57
Hi I just finalized my application to the Co-op program. I think I submitted a very strong application overall. I should have a good chance at getting in. Moreover, my only concern is that there may not be too many seats remaining as the domestic deadline is creeping up. Could anybody give me a bit more info regarding the Kira interview and how I should prepare for it + possible questions? I am more nervous for that than the actual interview...

Thanks

Emilio
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 20:03
It's 3 verbal questions, one written. It's nothing to panic about, at my final interview they told me the Kira interview serves to help applicants more than anything. They just want to get to know you. My questions were:

1) talk about a time you had to work in a group and experienced a conflict. How'd you handle it, what was the result
2) tell me about someone you respect. How and why did they earn your respect?
3) what do you think of corporate social responsibility? Is it necessary/when should it be used

Written:
Talk about the steps you take to ensure that you communicate that you're actively listening with the person you're having a conversation with

Sent from my LG-H873 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 20:07
sarah0826 wrote:
It's 3 verbal questions, one written. It's nothing to panic about, at my final interview they told me the Kira interview serves to help applicants more than anything. They just want to get to know you. My questions were:

1) talk about a time you had to work in a group and experienced a conflict. How'd you handle it, what was the result
3) what do you think of corporate social responsibility? Is it necessary/when should it be used

Written:
Talk about the steps you take to ensure that you communicate that you're actively listening with the person you're having a conversation with

Thank you Sarah, I really appreciate the response. Those questions all seem very manageable and pretty easy to answer off the top of my head. May I ask when you applied to the co-op program?

Emilio
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 20:09
Emilio95 wrote:
sarah0826 wrote:

Written:

Thank you Sarah, I really appreciate the response. Those questions all seem very manageable and pretty easy to answer off the top of my head. May I ask when you applied to the co-op program?

Emilio
I initially submitted my application in mid January, if you're interested in a detailed timeline, I posted one earlier on in this forum!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 20:21
sarah0826 wrote:
Emilio95 wrote:
sarah0826 wrote:

Written:

Emilio
I initially submitted my application in mid January, if you're interested in a detailed timeline, I posted one earlier on in this forum!

I just checked it out, congrats on the admit with scholarship. Also, nice GMAT score.

Emilio
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 20:30
Emilio95 wrote:
sarah0826 wrote:
Emilio95 wrote:
[quote="sarah0826"]It's 3 verbal questions, one written. It's nothing to panic about, at my final interview they told me the Kira interview serves to help applicants more than anything. They just want to get to know you. My questions were:

Written:

Emilio

I just checked it out, congrats on the admit with scholarship. Also, nice GMAT score.

Emilio[/quote]Thank you! Best of luck in your Kira interview. What's your profile like?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 21:06
[/quote]

Emilio[/quote]Thank you! Best of luck in your Kira interview. What's your profile like?

Sent from my LG-H873 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

22 Year old Male, Canadian, Italian background
Undergrad from Concordia in Montreal, BA History 3.7(A-) GPA last 2 years, 3.4 overall (first year was bad) Accepted to MA but I rather do an MBA
650 GMAT Q47 V33
2 years of cumulative work experience by Matriculation.
-3 years of part time school semester/full time summer Clinical Research Positions including Financial Analyst position last summer
-currently analyst for real estate company
Extracurriculars:
-Breast Cancer Fundraising for Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation, participated in main event of fundraising campaign which was a cooking competition and won first place
-Interviewee and Community representative for Montreal's Italian-Canadian community on a CBC mini documentary series, aired on TV a few times

short-term post MBA goals:
-Working in Food Industry for a large corp like General Mills or Kraft Canada, preferably in a finance or strategy/consulting role

long-term goals:
-entrepreneurship in food industry, I would like to start my own large scale food manufacturing company in Montreal.

I'm applying to a bunch of programs both inside and outside of my realistic range. I think that DeGroote is the best realistic program I could get into. I'm also thinking about applying to the Dalhousie Corporate Residency MBA but I'm really not sure if it is the right choice for me. So out of the way + starting salaries and prospective employers are not really impressive. At least McMaster is in the GTA plus pretty close to home. Also by the time we graduate DeGroote starting average salary for Co-op's will likely be close to 80K.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 21:12
Awesome! I think you're right that DeGroote is realistic for you. DeGrootes starting salaries are lower than places like u of t, but what also needs to be considered is that it requires no work experience. So the people leaving u of t or York have already been working for years, DeGroote not necessarily. More work experience for DeGroote grad likely means higher starting salaries as well! And it's comparatively affordable considering it includes a full year of co-op :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 21:25
sarah0826 wrote:
Awesome! I think you're right that DeGroote is realistic for you. DeGrootes starting salaries are lower than places like u of t, but what also needs to be considered is that it requires no work experience. So the people leaving u of t or York have already been working for years, DeGroote not necessarily. More work experience for DeGroote grad likely means higher starting salaries as well! And it's comparatively affordable considering it includes a full year of co-op :)

Definitely, while I would love to go to Rotman, what you wrote makes a lot of sense. Did you only apply to DeGroote?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 21:42
Emilio95 wrote:
sarah0826 wrote:

Definitely, while I would love to go to Rotman, what you wrote makes a lot of sense. Did you only apply to DeGroote?

I did, I was going to apply to back ups if I didn't get in haha. But my options were also more limited considering I have no professional work experience. Rotman and others are great schools, obviously, there's just a few differences that are worth considering. For me, coop is so valuable as an MBA without any experience is pretty useless many would argue

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2018, 15:55
I was accepted into the coop MBA last week, and here’s my timeline!

March 26th - Kira interview
March 29th - invited to interview
April 3rd - interviewed on campus
April 6th - received acceptance by email

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2018, 16:28
ava112 wrote:

Congrats on the admit. Can you share your profile?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 15:06
himanshukamra2711 wrote:

shan48 wrote:
Hey,

I am that friend lol

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 20:21
This post received
KUDOS
Emilio95 wrote:
ava112 wrote:

Thanks Emilio! For sure, here’s my profile -

- Just finished undergrad, last year GPA 3.5
- 0 work experience, but I’ve always worked summer positions at regional government
- part time consultant intern for a few years
- 690 GMAT

good luck!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2018, 10:44
Hi Guys,

I got acceptance in Co-Op MBA yesterday. See you all in the class soon.

Also, please let me know if there is any watsapp group to connect?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2018, 11:19
ava112 wrote:
Emilio95 wrote:
ava112 wrote:

Thanks Emilio! For sure, here’s my profile -

- Just finished undergrad, last year GPA 3.5
- 0 work experience, but I’ve always worked summer positions at regional government
- part time consultant intern for a few years
- 690 GMAT

good luck!

thanks, I am still waiting for the Kira interview link to be sent to me. I submitted my app wednesday evening. I was told that it would take around 3 days to be sent out.
Manager
Manager
B
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 00:57
Hello Guys,

I submitted my application in early 1st week of March. Kira came out after a week of constant reminders. Coaching Webinar invite and the webinar itself came out in the 3rd week of March. Finally, the interview took place on the 10th of April where I was told I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. Does this mean I got a Ding already? (Maybe some extra time being taken while being compared to other candidates/ depending on the seats remaining) ?

Anyone who's had an interview on or around 10th of April and heard back his/her results?

Thanks,
Arijit
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake   [#permalink] 15 Apr 2018, 00:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 110 posts ] 

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap