Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [33]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 351 [0]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q800 V360
Send PM
Re: ISB 2019 Intake Class of 2020: Calling all applicants [#permalink]
GmatDaddy wrote:
Hi kunaldatt7
Yes the invites as well as the interviews are underway.
If I am not wrong, the interviews for Bangalore, Mumbai and Hyderabad have all been conducted and the interviews for the Delhi and Mohali locations are to be held in the coming week.

Some of the invites have already been rolled out, and some are to be, so stay positive !

All the best !

Hi got mine for wednesday at the Mohali campus. Anyone would like to share their interview experience at Mohali?

Also any idea by when would ISB be giving out the final decisions on these applications
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 351 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi kunaldatt7

When did you receive your invite ?

kunaldatt7 wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:
Hi kunaldatt7
If I am not wrong, the interviews for Bangalore, Mumbai and Hyderabad have all been conducted and the interviews for the Delhi and Mohali locations are to be held in the coming week.

Some of the invites have already been rolled out, and some are to be, so stay positive !

All the best !

Hi got mine for wednesday at the Mohali campus. Anyone would like to share their interview experience at Mohali?

Also any idea by when would ISB be giving out the final decisions on these applications
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Does having ranks between 350 & 250 in various Olympiads and exams on national levels in school look good on the diversity question?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
subhsngh0 wrote:
Does having ranks between 350 & 250 in various Olympiads and exams on national levels in school look good on the diversity question?

Hi subhsngh0

Yes it does, but it also depends on the reference level.

To make it stand out, it's better to mention the pool. for example. secured rank of 200 among 900,000 students (like in engineering entrance examinations). You will generally get a number for total number of candidates.

All the Best !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
I have worked as maintenance engineer at Reliance for 2 years and 1 and half years as R&D engineer at Maruti suzuki. Does it make a case for manufacturing consultant as my goal?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q800 V360
Send PM
GmatDaddy wrote:
Hi kunaldatt7

When did you receive your invite ?

kunaldatt7 wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:
Hi kunaldatt7

All the best !

Got it on Saturday night
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
kunaldatt7 wrote:

End of December
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi,

I need a little help in understanding how the GMAT score reporting works.

I appeared for GMAT first in September 2017, got 710.

I appeared again in November 2018, got 710 again!

I did not share my score with ISB the first time, but selected it as one of the 5 schools I'd like to share my score with at the center itself the second time. I now want to apply with my first GMAT score and not the second as the first has more balanced sectional scores.

My question is, do I have to re-send my scores to ISB or will the score I sent after my second attempt suffice (note that I want them to consider my FIRST score).

Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
Hey abhishekr10,

While filling the ISB application form, there is a space to provide the GMAT score and to enter the GMAT Appointment ID for the Exam of which you want to submit the score!

In you case enter the Appointment ID for the 2017 Exam and then enter the score for the same.
Also, I would suggest you to follow up with teh Admissions committee with a mail stating your ISB Application No., GMAT Score with break up, GMAT Appointment ID for the Exam and the unofficial score receipt(ie the one that is given in the Exam Center and if you still possess that.).

abhishekr10 wrote:
Hi,

I did not share my score with ISB the first time, but selected it as one of the 5 schools I'd like to share my score with at the center itself the second time. I now want to apply with my first GMAT score and not the second as the first has more balanced sectional scores.

My question is, do I have to re-send my scores to ISB or will the score I sent after my second attempt suffice (note that I want them to consider my FIRST score).

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for that super quick response.

So what I hear is that I need not share my report again with ISB. I simply need to put my first test details and mention the date of my second test where they ask to mention when the score was shared. Also, like you mentioned, I'll send an email to the admissions team.

GmatDaddy wrote:
Hey ,

While filling the ISB application form, there is a space to provide the GMAT score and to enter the GMAT Appointment ID for the Exam of which you want to submit the score!

In you case enter the Appointment ID for the 2017 Exam and then enter the score for the same.
Also, I would suggest you to follow up with teh Admissions committee with a mail stating your ISB Application No., GMAT Score with break up, GMAT Appointment ID for the Exam and the unofficial score receipt(ie the one that is given in the Exam Center and if you still possess that.).

abhishekr10 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hey abhishekr10,

I went through the some of the older threads, You will have to send the scores to ISB again for the 2017 exam(because you had not sent them the scores earlier) and do the above mentioned part after that.

This was mentioned in the webinar that I attended wrote:
ISB Admission system is such that their machines always pickup the highest aggregate score of all the reported scores, but just to be on the safer side, it always better to to follow up with a mail mentioning the details of you specific case.

Since, you have not already reported the score of the exam you intend to report, you will have to send that particular score report to ISB.

I hope that clears some air.
abhishekr10 wrote:

So what I hear is that I need not share my report again with ISB. I simply need to put my first test details and mention the date of my second test where they ask to mention when the score was shared. Also, like you mentioned, I'll send an email to the admissions team.

GmatDaddy wrote:
Hey ,

abhishekr10 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for doing that quick search for me. Now here's my issue.

I called up the Adcom and asked the same question. They stated that they receive a report mentioning only the test score of the attempt for which we've requested a report.

I then called up GMAC. They explicitly said what the adcom is claiming is simply not possible, and sharing a report for 2018 attempt will definitely have the scorecard of my 2017 attempt as well.

I have two problems now:
1. I do not wish to spend $30 unnecessarily.
2. Even if I keep aside point 1, the official report of my 2017 attempt also has the appointment number of my 2018 attempt. If I may explain, if I generate the official test score for my 2017 attempt, it gives me my scores for both 2017 and 2018, and has the appointment number of the latter.

Considering point 2, how can it be possible that they do not have my 2017 report?

And my final question.
My 2017 score was 710 - Q49, V38
My 2018 score was 710 - Q48, V39

Is all this hassle worth it?

Thank you, for helping and trying to figure out my problem.

Cheers!

GmatDaddy wrote:
Hey ,

I went through the some of the older threads, You will have to send the scores to ISB again for the 2017 exam(because you had not sent them the scores earlier) and do the above mentioned part after that.

This was mentioned in the webinar that I attended wrote:
ISB Admission system is such that their machines always pickup the highest aggregate score of all the reported scores, but just to be on the safer side, it always better to to follow up with a mail mentioning the details of you specific case.

Since, you have not already reported the score of the exam you intend to report, you will have to send that particular score report to ISB.

I hope that clears some air.
abhishekr10 wrote:

abhishekr10 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi abhishekr10,

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do".

My advice would be to go as per the ISB Adcom and pacify them.
$30 is not that big a amount and is definitely worth it.

Send the 2017 scores to ISB(irrespective of the fact that they contain 2018 scores or not)
Fill in the intended GMAT score and the Appointment ID in the application form.

Follow it up with a mail mentioning the scores of both the exams, and highlight which score you want the Adcom to Consider.

PS: IMHO, both the scores are equivalent without much of a difference. Make sure that you dont end up sending the one with less than 4 AWA Score.

PPS: ISB Adcom can be unreasonable at times. When I mailed them to confirm is they have received the official scores from GMAC. They replied that they have indeed received the scores but still wanted me to send the unofficial Score report to them!!

abhishekr10 wrote:
Thank you for doing that quick search for me. Now here's my issue.

I called up the Adcom and asked the same question. They stated that they receive a report mentioning only the test score of the attempt for which we've requested a report.

I then called up GMAC. They explicitly said what the adcom is claiming is simply not possible, and sharing a report for 2018 attempt will definitely have the scorecard of my 2017 attempt as well.

I have two problems now:
1. I do not wish to spend $30 unnecessarily.
2. Even if I keep aside point 1, the official report of my 2017 attempt also has the appointment number of my 2018 attempt. If I may explain, if I generate the official test score for my 2017 attempt, it gives me my scores for both 2017 and 2018, and has the appointment number of the latter.

Considering point 2, how can it be possible that they do not have my 2017 report?

And my final question.
My 2017 score was 710 - Q49, V38
My 2018 score was 710 - Q48, V39

Is all this hassle worth it?

Thank you, for helping and trying to figure out my problem.

Cheers!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: ISB '20 (A$)
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
2 days to go for submission of application for R2. One advice. Make sure your essays are bringing out your story clearly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
WE:Operations (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Aekagra wrote:
Link to any ISB R2 applicants group?? WA or https://gmatclub.com/chat?

Posted from my mobile device

You joined us on https://gmatclub.com/chat right? With the same username? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 769
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Could someone give the link to ISB R2 applicants https://gmatclub.com/chat group?
Thanks in advance :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Is there a way to upload certificates for awards? i remember Aditya Atreya telling us to do so in one of the info sessions. Can anyone please help?
Retired Moderator
Send PM