Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools: Stern '21
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: Columbia Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,

Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R2.

Nationality: Indian
Undergrad: B.tech - IT. SRM University, 7.4 CGPA (Out of 10)

Work Experience: 5.5 years

1. Cofounded a startup in the legaltech space, ran it for 2.5 years, managed a team of 2 full time employees and 4 freelancers, got acquired in April '18 by a startup accelerator, had a good exit. Currently working as a consultant to the startups at the same accelerator. I mentor startups on fundraising, marketing, strategy and technology.

2. Prior to the startup, worked for 2.5 years in TCS as a systems engineer. Was chosen the class representative and led a team of 50 during the 3 month training. Also, received the highest award 'Star performer'. Later worked on Business Intelligence and reporting for an aviation client and managed a team of 4.

3. During my college, I started a Non-profit which focussed on rural development, ran it for ~1.5 years, which ran campaigns on literacy and donations of essentials for the slums in my neighbourhood. Managed a team of 15, got covered on a weekly basis by local newspapers.

Post MBA goals - Consulting
GMAT - 700 Q49 V37
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: Columbia Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello raghavshekhar

Though your work ex has some potential (the startup story)- the GMAT might become a deal breaker for the likes of Columbia considering your average past scores, Indian/Tech background and your interest in consulting in the future.
Also, see if you have strong extracurricular activities that you may want to mention in the application- those could add some diversity to the profile.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

raghavshekhar wrote:
Hi,

1. Cofounded a startup in the legaltech space, ran it for 2.5 years, managed a team of 2 full time employees and 4 freelancers, got acquired in April '18 by a startup accelerator, had a good exit. Currently working as a consultant to the startups at the same accelerator. I mentor startups on fundraising, marketing, strategy and technology.

2. Prior to the startup, worked for 2.5 years in TCS as a systems engineer. Was chosen the class representative and led a team of 50 during the 3 month training. Also, received the highest award 'Star performer'. Later worked on Business Intelligence and reporting for an aviation client and managed a team of 4.

3. During my college, I started a Non-profit which focussed on rural development, ran it for ~1.5 years, which ran campaigns on literacy and donations of essentials for the slums in my neighbourhood. Managed a team of 15, got covered on a weekly basis by local newspapers.

GMAT - 700 Q49 V37
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there - you have a strong profile, with progressive work experience, strong academics, and consistent and meaningful extracurricular involvement. While the schools you've listed are very competitive, you'll be a viable candidate if you execute a strong application that shows the motivation behind your goals, communicates your professional/personal impact, shows fit with the target program, and includes strong recommendations. Best of luck!

tampatonyc wrote:
Hi there!

Background: Asian American (born in Asia - US citizen)
Undergrad:
  • 3.65 GPA. Finance major at University of South Florida
  • President of a fraternity
  • Director a the finance club
  • Led a college initiative to lend professional clothing to students in need for no charge
  • Coordinated social activities for a multicultural club
  • Co-managed the business school's student managed investment fund (~$500m AUM)
  • 25 under 25 award recognized by the college of business.

Work Experience:
  • Interned at a bulge bracket bank in their Finance & Risk Ops
  • Interned at a private equity firm for a year
  • Joined a finance leadership development program at a middle market investment bank as an analyst. Rotated through a product management department, and then helped report earnings for the firm (1 year)
  • Leveraged a small eCommerce startup i found in college to join a mid-size tech company in the eCommerce space. Experience includes financial planning & analysis, ad hoc strategic projects, M&A, investor relations, and taking the company public. Promoted twice to manager at matriculation. (4 years)
GMAT: 740
Community: Junior board member of a nonprofit and regularly involved in fundraising and event planning; current co-lead of my company's diversity group
Post-MBA: Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development, or Strategic Finance at a F100 tech company

I am targeting Columbia, Harvard, Stanford, and MIT.
Thanks for your feedback!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, and thanks for writing! Given CBS' competitiveness, especially for Indian applicants, I recommend retaking the GMAT for 730+. Sounds like you have great work experience - have you been involved in any extracurriculars post-college? This would be a plus as well. Since CBS has a rolling admissions process, it is even more competitive around this time of year, so I'd consider this a stretch program and hopefully there are other programs you've applied to and/or are considering. Best of luck!

raghavshekhar wrote:
Hi,

GMAT - 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi - I see that you've posted one of the other boards as well. MY same advice applies here, but keep in mind that with CBS' rolling admissions process, it's especially competitive now because some spots have already been taken. Best of luck with your applications!

jonrave wrote:
Background and nationality: USA, White Male,
Undergrad Information: State University Top 100, Finance & Entrepreneurship Double Major. Entrepreneurship program ranked Top 10 and I received distinguished awards and grant money to pursue a venture from the program. GPA is 3.45
GMAT: 730 | Q 48
Work experience and leadership: 5 years of work experience; Had a startup for a year that had a modest exit. Then I worked for two startups in B2B Software Sales. One was headquartered in Tel Aviv so I have that international experience plus I'm fluent in Hebrew. For the last year, I have been working in Channel Sales for a Fortune 500 tech company where I train and present to our channel partners.
Community and others: I lead corporate volunteer efforts for our office in NYC
Post MBA goals: Big 3 Consulting
Anything else? Not sure how much a difference this makes, but Columbia is my top choice and I'll state that in my application.

Thanks so much for the review! Happy to provide more background if it will help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile below!

Background and nationality: Male, White, US citizen, 27 years old.

Undergrad Information: BBA in finance from Top 30 Public University with a 3.2 GPA (I had one bad semester where I dealt with depression from the death of my best friend, dragging down my GPA. I plan to use the optional essay to explain this). Additionally, I have taken three MBA-level courses from Harvard Business School through their Core Requirements program (aka “Pre-MBA program”), which I completed with High Honors.

GMAT: 730 (Q 47, V 44, IR 6, AWA 6)

Work experience and leadership: At the time of applying, will be 5 years working as a financial analyst for major bank with one promotion to intermediate analyst. I, along with some of my colleagues, lead a team of analysts based in India, led many projects and worked on the largest project my office has ever done, and have mentored some of the associates on my team.
I have also cofounded a small company with a few colleagues that runs an online financial website and a small investment fund.

Community and others: Volunteered through Meals on Wheels for the past year, done many other volunteering activities before that, though not through one specific organization. I have mentored four undergraduate students at the University I graduated from over the past two years. I have been on the board of a local non-profit Irish Heritage organization for the past two years.

Recommenders: Both are supervisors of mine.

Post MBA goals: Wanting to switch to Investment Banking with the main goal of eventually starting my own investment fund that focuses on renewable energy and making an impact on saving the environment.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 520 Q44 V24
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Deleted

Originally posted by Katara93 on 06 Jan 2019, 11:34.
Last edited by Katara93 on 13 Feb 2023, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 520 Q44 V24
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Deleted

Originally posted by Katara93 on 06 Jan 2019, 12:01.
Last edited by Katara93 on 13 Feb 2023, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,
Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R1 next year.

Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 8.9(one of the toppers of my stream)

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.
Was the head of Self-Governance Team in Infosys for a year.

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

Post MBA goals: Investment Banking, Consulting.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there, and thanks for writing! From the information you've provided, and since you haven't yet taken GMAT, it's a bit tough to gauge your chances for CBS. It's great that you have a strong college GPA. Continue to build progressive work experience, get involved in extracurriculars outside of work, aim for a top GMAT score (730+), and speak to current students/CBS alumni to get insights that will help you eventually put together a strong case for why CBS - this will maximize your chances of success. Best of luck!

Harshita1993 wrote:
Background and nationality : Indian
Undergrad Information : 8/10 (Topper of the class from a top University in India
GMAT: yet to be given aiming for 750+
Work experience and leadership : 4 years till i Join 2020 MBA batch (Business Consultant for a State Company (2+ current), 1 year India as a software engineer. Just did a big project for 1.5 million dollar for the company + doing a lot of other project . Finance Intern as well helping in budget process. Part of a startup while back in India but it shut down as I moved to USA.The problem it was not very well known and authenticated so cant mention where it is and websites. its was import/ export company
Community and others : American Red Cross, Women organization helping victims of human trafficking , LGBTQ rights, AIDS/HIV victims (since 1 year)
Post MBA goals : consulting, Investment Banking, Personal Business
Anything else?

I want to get into the best colleges and when I ever i look at profiles wanting to get into these places they are great.

Thank you so much for the help.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi - I see that you posted on the Stern board as well. The same advice applies here (though CBS is more competitive than Stern) so please check out my post there. One additional tip - with CBS given that it has rolling admission and there are more spots early on, do apply as early as possible in the cycle. Best of luck!

aroraishita02 wrote:
Hi,
Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R1 next year.

Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 8.9(one of the toppers of my stream)

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.
Was the head of Self-Governance Team in Infosys for a year.

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

Post MBA goals: Investment Banking, Consulting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Duke '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hello team,

Could you please help in reviewing my profile if I would like to apply to Columbia Business School for a full time MBA program.

24 Year old Indian Male.

My GMAT Score is 740(QA50, VA40,IR 8,AWA pending). I had already given the GMAT twice prior to this score in which I scored 650 which I cancelled. I scored 710 on the second instance with full marks in IR and AWA( QA 50,VA36,IR 8,AWA 6). Please advise.

Educational Qualifications:
Class X: 09.40 CGPA(All subjects)
Class XII: 93%(All Subjects)
B. Com(H) from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata with first division marks(72%)
Chartered Accountant(Nov’16 batch)
Passed 2 levels of the International CFA Program(US)

Work experience:
CA Articleship(3 Years):
My key responsibilities included carrying out statutory and internal audit for clients. I’ve also assisted the firms I have worked for in income tax and companies returning filing as well as accounting work.

Goldman Sachs(April 2017-Present)
Division: Product Control
-> First line of control on the Securities Division of the firm.
-> Daily and weekly financial P&L Reporting and analysis for the Japanese equity derivatives desk.
-> Carrying out price verification procedures in order to ensure the firm’s marks are consistent with the consensus marks.
-> Safeguarding the assets of the firm as well as substantiating P&L drivers to help explain VaR breaches.

I would like to start my MBA by latest 2020.

Goals post MBA:

Seeking to pave my way into IB/Trading.

Thanks,
Dhruv

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello dhruvdalmia94

While the outline of your profile looks decent- with a good brand on the CV, strong GMAT score, CA, I'd recommend the following pointers for you-

1. Why IB and why Columbia. Yes Columbia is a great school for finance, but how does it fit into the long term vision of your career. (say geography?)
2. Focus on talking about career progress and accomplishments at work and not just responsibilities. With slightly lower experience than the average of the class (this is not a deal breaker) you must showcase better maturity and achievements than the competition.
3. Extracurricular activities are missing in your post. These are a good way to add diversity to your profile as you belong to the large and competitive pool of Indian Male applicants.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

dhruvdalmia94 wrote:
Hello team,

Could you please help in reviewing my profile if I would like to apply to Columbia Business School for a full time MBA program.

24 Year old Indian Male.

My GMAT Score is 740(QA50, VA40,IR 8,AWA pending). I had already given the GMAT twice prior to this score in which I scored 650 which I cancelled. I scored 710 on the second instance with full marks in IR and AWA( QA 50,VA36,IR 8,AWA 6). Please advise.

Educational Qualifications:
Class X: 09.40 CGPA(All subjects)
Class XII: 93%(All Subjects)
B. Com(H) from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata with first division marks(72%)
Chartered Accountant(Nov’16 batch)
Passed 2 levels of the International CFA Program(US)

Work experience:
CA Articleship(3 Years):
My key responsibilities included carrying out statutory and internal audit for clients. I’ve also assisted the firms I have worked for in income tax and companies returning filing as well as accounting work.

Goldman Sachs(April 2017-Present)
Division: Product Control
-> First line of control on the Securities Division of the firm.
-> Daily and weekly financial P&L Reporting and analysis for the Japanese equity derivatives desk.
-> Carrying out price verification procedures in order to ensure the firm’s marks are consistent with the consensus marks.
-> Safeguarding the assets of the firm as well as substantiating P&L drivers to help explain VaR breaches.

I would like to start my MBA by latest 2020.

Goals post MBA:

Seeking to pave my way into IB/Trading.

Thanks,
Dhruv

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Yale '22 (S)
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Hi, looking for a profile review for Columbia ED! Thank you!

Work Experience:
-3 years at matriculation in a Finance Rotational Program well known F200/S&P100; one of the top performing analysts in the program during my 1st rotation and was offered an out of state rotation for my 2nd rotation (current rotation)
-During 2nd rotation, immediate supervisor left a few months into my rotation so I was asked to step up and take over duties as the Finance Manager. I will be acting Finance Manager until my rotation is finished as there are no plans to backfill my old supervisor's position.
-Led a margin analysis project with other finance managers from other business units on the team and successfully finished all finance manager duties. Supervisor (two levels up from when I started, but now immediate supervisor) has been very impressed with performance and will write a very good recommendation letter
-Job involves financial planning and forecasting; unlikely that any one else in the rotation program has been given the same level of responsibility or visibility
-Likely to end on Corp Dev or International rotation for 3rd one. Had a few other projects I led where I presented the analysis I did to executives that I started on my initiative

Undergrad school: Finance & Philosophy double major, public university with strong business program (think Michigan, Texas, UVA)

Extracurriculars:
1) 6 months volunteering to teach a GED class to adults (had to stop because I moved out of state for 2nd rotation)
2) 6 months volunteering to prepare taxes for people under the poverty line (ongoing)
3) 2 years Professional Development/Fundraising chair for the New Employee organization at my company (ongoing)
4) 3 months of volunteering at an NGO in Europe working with impoverished communities after graduation and before starting my job
5) Started non-profit to teach workshops to lower income adults/students on topics ranging from Financial Literacy to conflict resolution; have hosted multiple workshops across homeless shelters to after school programs (ongoing)

Race: Asian-American

Stats
GMAT: 740 (49Q/42V), retaking for a 760+ (hopefully)
Undergrad GPA: 3.3, I do have an alternative transcript after graduation with 3 community college classes including 2 of the classes I did poorly on in college and 1 Business Calculus class as a refresher (all A's). Not that this is a good excuse, but most of my bad grades come from freshman year where I partied too much and joined too many student organizations

MBA Info
Post MBA: Asset Management, have finished level 1 of CFA and will hopefully finish level 2 before I start
I have also done campus visits and attended an information sessions in the city that I am from.

Is CBS realistic for me? I realize that I am from an over represented group, and my GPA is not very good. Also I think my ECs are scattered since I've had to move cities for my rotation program. But I do think I have done everything possible to make up for these shortcomings.

Any help and advise would be appreciated. I am looking for a consultant to help me with my application, but having a hard time choosing since there's so many ones with good reviews on here
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi there, and thanks for writing! You have a well-rounded profile, with progressive work experience, good extracurriculars, and a strong GMAT. It's great that you built an alternative transcript to offset your GPA . You'll definitely want to mention in the Optional Essay what caused your shaky freshman year - schools like to see an upward trajectory in grades, so it's good that your performance rose after that.

While CBS is obviously very competitive, given your strong profile I do not feel that it is out of reach for you. I do recommend applying ED if it is your first choice, since that can help. It's great that you've already done campus visits and info sessions - talk to a few students/alumni as well, even if over the phone. Additionally, think about the motivations behind your goals - in this year's essay, the program really wanted to know the story behind them (which is why they asked applicants what their long-term "dream job" is). This will help you write strong essays that tell the admissions committees what drives you and why you're a strong fit for CBS in particular.

Hope that helps a bit - best of luck! :)

grh582 wrote:
Hi, looking for a profile review for Columbia ED! Thank you!

Work Experience:
-3 years at matriculation in a Finance Rotational Program well known F200/S&P100; one of the top performing analysts in the program during my 1st rotation and was offered an out of state rotation for my 2nd rotation (current rotation)
-During 2nd rotation, immediate supervisor left a few months into my rotation so I was asked to step up and take over duties as the Finance Manager. I will be acting Finance Manager until my rotation is finished as there are no plans to backfill my old supervisor's position.
-Led a margin analysis project with other finance managers from other business units on the team and successfully finished all finance manager duties. Supervisor (two levels up from when I started, but now immediate supervisor) has been very impressed with performance and will write a very good recommendation letter
-Job involves financial planning and forecasting; unlikely that any one else in the rotation program has been given the same level of responsibility or visibility
-Likely to end on Corp Dev or International rotation for 3rd one. Had a few other projects I led where I presented the analysis I did to executives that I started on my initiative

Undergrad school: Finance & Philosophy double major, public university with strong business program (think Michigan, Texas, UVA)

Extracurriculars:
1) 6 months volunteering to teach a GED class to adults (had to stop because I moved out of state for 2nd rotation)
2) 6 months volunteering to prepare taxes for people under the poverty line (ongoing)
3) 2 years Professional Development/Fundraising chair for the New Employee organization at my company (ongoing)
4) 3 months of volunteering at an NGO in Europe working with impoverished communities after graduation and before starting my job
5) Started non-profit to teach workshops to lower income adults/students on topics ranging from Financial Literacy to conflict resolution; have hosted multiple workshops across homeless shelters to after school programs (ongoing)

Race: Asian-American

Stats
GMAT: 740 (49Q/42V), retaking for a 760+ (hopefully)
Undergrad GPA: 3.3, I do have an alternative transcript after graduation with 3 community college classes including 2 of the classes I did poorly on in college and 1 Business Calculus class as a refresher (all A's). Not that this is a good excuse, but most of my bad grades come from freshman year where I partied too much and joined too many student organizations

MBA Info
Post MBA: Asset Management, have finished level 1 of CFA and will hopefully finish level 2 before I start
I have also done campus visits and attended an information sessions in the city that I am from.

Is CBS realistic for me? I realize that I am from an over represented group, and my GPA is not very good. Also I think my ECs are scattered since I've had to move cities for my rotation program. But I do think I have done everything possible to make up for these shortcomings.

Any help and advise would be appreciated. I am looking for a consultant to help me with my application, but having a hard time choosing since there's so many ones with good reviews on here
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: LBS '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Get a higher GMAT score and you will get into M7 for certain. Your background is just outstanding. You have nothing to worry about other than the GMAT score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
26, male, Indian Sikh.
Business economics graduate from Delhi University (first division). I've derived that my GPA is 3.7 (kindly correct if wrong)
GMAT: 740 (Q51, V39, IR8, AWA6)
Work experience:
Full time 2.5 years, freelance 1.5 years.

I freelanced with a production studio as a cinematographer and a video editor for 6 months. They hired me full-time and promoted me to the post of senior producer because I was good at dealing with clients. This lasted for 6 months too.
Then I left for Mumbai to assist in ads and films to learn more. I was freelancing as well. I was the assistant cinematographer in Kapil Sharma's "Firangi". Was part of many short films as well.

Then I joined my family business of medicine exports. It involved handling purchase and negotiating rates and payment terms. Soon I started travelling to Imphal to manage a pharmacy as it's conflict struck area and hiring someone local was tough.
Additionally, I became a mutual fund distributor in Jan last year. I have a sizeable AUM under me. I am also a stock trader. I still freelance as a cinematographer.

In college I used to make short films on social causes. I'd write, shoot, direct and edit myself. The topics ranged from communal differences, eve teasing to organ donation. I screened the organ donation movie in my college and about 50 viewers pledged their organs after the screening.
I also won numerous awards in -
Street theatre
Best photographer
Best cinematography
Best short film (director)

I wish to get into financial consulting post MBA.

What is the deal breaker here? I've been told that my work ex won't count since I've mostly worked for myself or my family (albeit full time).

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25   
Moderator:
234 posts