Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
List for Rolling Admission [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Hi Asad, Narenn mentioned that Columbia, NUS Singapore, and SDA Bocconi are the major MBA programs that do rolling admissions. It is not much per se.

I am personally not aware of many benefits of the rolling admissions policy except that it potentially allows one to apply "in-between" rounds, such as in October/November instead of Sept/Oct for R1 and Jan for R2.

Thank you so much for your kind info.
bb, Narenn
I've also heard that the following universities also use 'rolling admission'. Could you take a look, plz?

https://fisher.osu.edu/graduate/ftmba/admissions

https://mba.ncsu.edu/admissions/admissi ... deadlines/

Also, I'll be helpful if you explain a bit on "Materials Deadline" in Round 2 in the attachment.
Attachments

NC State U.PNG
NC State U.PNG [ 53.77 KiB | Viewed 2052 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Re: List for Rolling Admission [#permalink]
Hi, for universities that have rolling admission, do they get 'slower' in evaluating applications during the end of December for holiday? Is university office usually closed in the end of December, even it is not officially holiday on calendar (beside 24, 25, 31, Dec and 1 Jan)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
😂 you are correct. Nothing gets done and universities at the end of December. All the staffing professors and students are off.

Usually, when there is a rolling application timeframe, there are still certain dates when did missions committee meets and discusses the applicants. Usually they would do it at least once a month which is why the turnaround time is often 4 to 6 weeks. Nothing will get done between the 22 of Dec and Jan 3. So if you were going to submit an application, you might as well wait until the 3 fourth January

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
List for Rolling Admission [#permalink]
bb wrote:
😂 you are correct. Nothing gets done and universities at the end of December. All the staffing professors and students are off.

Usually, when there is a rolling application timeframe, there are still certain dates when did missions committee meets and discusses the applicants. Usually they would do it at least once a month which is why the turnaround time is often 4 to 6 weeks. Nothing will get done between the 22 of Dec and Jan 3. So if you were going to submit an application, you might as well wait until the 3 fourth January

Do you have guess when they will meet after the holiday? Maybe the week after holiday
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Frankly I don’t know, but my guess would be first week to be safe

Manager
Manager
Send PM
hi, for rolling admission, is it possible to 'negotiate' with adcom so that our application can be processed sooner? Say that I have a scholarship application that is approaching deadline and it requires acceptance letter (If I am admitted)? Anybody can share any advice/experience?
GMAT Club Bot