Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 16:07 It is currently 13 May 2024, 16:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8857 [0]
Given Kudos: 3036
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
The current students at Stanford have made a change.org petition asking for a Tuition discount for Spring quarter. You can find the petition here https://www.change.org/p/stanford-gradu ... _dashboard

More such petitions from other schools are here https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-students ... 21086.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022! [#permalink]
JL2020 wrote:
I also applied in this round, not deferred though.

They sent an email today saying they wont start sending interviews until April 20th! Does that mean there are so many applicants in this round?

That's a pretty quick turnover time for sending interviews. I'm pretty sure other rounds have to wait over a month to receive interview invites.

I also double-checked my email, and from what I read, you will receive emails inviting to an interview starting April 20, to which I believe it goes until a week prior to the decision (May 20).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes that is correct, but compared to same round in other years its a little later

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JL2020 wrote:
Yes that is correct, but compared to same round in other years its a little later

Perhaps, but given the current circumstances, it's understandable the delay to provide adequate time to get interviewers ready in advance or some other factor besides an increased application pool. Nonetheless, best of luck to you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes makes sense. Thanks to you too.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Just noticed my application status changed from "Submitted" to "In Review" in the last hour or so. Anyone else's status change?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FusciaCricket wrote:
Just noticed my application status changed from "Submitted" to "In Review" in the last hour or so. Anyone else's status change?

Yes, mine changed too.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Do you guys know if all interviews will take place between the April 20th up until May 21st (when admissions decisions are announced)? Haven't yet submitted test scores because of covid and am wondering if those who have not submitted test scores yet but are put into this new "waitpool" for R3 will have interviews before or after decisions are announced.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Im in the same situation as yours. I asked this question from the adcom and they said they will give interviews to everyone during this timeframe, even to those without gmat score.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
xGuardians wrote:
Deferred MBA Undergraduate student here.

I finish my application for R3, and received an email stating that "A few days after the application deadline, you will receive an email that describes the next steps in the admission process. In the meantime, here are some reminders."

How long normally until we would receive invitation to interview? Is it truly only a few days after the application deadline? From what I've read here and past years, invitations can span all the way until a week prior to the decision date.

Also, is there anywhere on this site I can find information about other deferred candidates to learn more from one another? Thanks.

xGuardians , did you apply for admission into the Class of 2022 or the Class of 2023? I was surprised to see an option for Class of 2023 given that they advertise a 2 year deferral period. I wonder if the round you apply to affects admissions in any way.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JL2020 wrote:
Im in the same situation as yours. I asked this question from the adcom and they said they will give interviews to everyone during this timeframe, even to those without gmat score.

JL2020 Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but do you literally mean they will give interviews to everyone who applied? Or do you mean to say that everyone who applied, irrespective of whether they submitted a GMAT score, is eligible to receive an interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I meant everyone who applied, irrespective of whether they submitted a GMAT score, is eligible to receive an interview invite

Intern
Intern
Send PM
uziiiV2 wrote:
xGuardians wrote:
Deferred MBA Undergraduate student here.

I finish my application for R3, and received an email stating that "A few days after the application deadline, you will receive an email that describes the next steps in the admission process. In the meantime, here are some reminders."

How long normally until we would receive invitation to interview? Is it truly only a few days after the application deadline? From what I've read here and past years, invitations can span all the way until a week prior to the decision date.

Also, is there anywhere on this site I can find information about other deferred candidates to learn more from one another? Thanks.

xGuardians , did you apply for admission into the Class of 2022 or the Class of 2023? I was surprised to see an option for Class of 2023 given that they advertise a 2 year deferral period. I wonder if the round you apply to affects admissions in any way.

I applied to the Class of 2022, as I supposed that given the options they would consider me a deferred candidate. I did not see an option to choose Class of 2023 nor for the deferred MBA during my application process.

EDIT: I also only paid the reduced $100 fee, so I do believe that I am a deferred MBA candidate.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
xGuardians wrote:

I applied to the Class of 2022, as I supposed that given the options they would consider me a deferred candidate. I did not see an option to choose Class of 2023 nor for the deferred MBA during my application process.

EDIT: I also only paid the reduced $100 fee, so I do believe that I am a deferred MBA candidate.

xGuardians, Gotcha. I was referring to the question on the application, "When do you prefer to enroll in the Stanford MBA Program?". The options were Fall 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. I also applied as a Deferred candidate (college senior currently).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rishipr wrote:
xGuardians wrote:

xGuardians, Gotcha. I was referring to the question on the application, "When do you prefer to enroll in the Stanford MBA Program?". The options were Fall 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. I also applied as a Deferred candidate (college senior currently).

Ah, I see what you mean now.

I chose to enroll in Fall 2022 -- therefore creating a 2-year deferral -- to be a part of the Class of 2024.

Stanford only allows for a 0-3 year deferral period prior to starting.

EDIT: I would hope there are no biases towards when students enroll, but I guess it all depends on the class sizes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The online GMAT:
- No scratch paper allowed (this one really irks me... how can you do quant using an online notebook in the same time frame?)
- No cancellations allowed
- No retakes allowed

This is not ideal, to say the least. For those who applied to GSB's Deferred MBA without a GMAT, what are you going to do? Personally, I would much rather just wait until test centers open than take it under these conditions. This puts us at a huge disadvantage compared to taking it in the test center. However, there is the possibility that test centers don't open before the GSB GMAT deadline.

Would love to hear how deferred candidates are approaching this!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
uziiiV2 wrote:
The online GMAT:
- No scratch paper allowed (this one really irks me... how can you do quant using an online notebook in the same time frame?)
- No cancellations allowed
- No retakes allowed

This is not ideal, to say the least. For those who applied to GSB's Deferred MBA without a GMAT, what are you going to do? Personally, I would much rather just wait until test centers open than take it under these conditions. This puts us at a huge disadvantage compared to taking it in the test center. However, there is the possibility that test centers don't open before the GSB GMAT deadline.

Would love to hear how deferred candidates are approaching this!

I'm in the same boat as you -- quite disappointed with the online whiteboard requirement.

Fortunately, I have a GMAT score (albeit, a poor 640 Q44, V34, IR8, AWA6), but I really do not want them to consider that score for my application. Even though I sent them these scores, I did not report scores on the application and wrote in under additional information that I planned to retake it prior to the original deadline.

If I were you, I would plan on taking the online version (as will I), and then pray that testing centers open again before the deadline OR that they waive GMAT scores entirely :cool:.

As a deferred applicant without submitting GMAT scores, I wonder if we will still receive interview invites during the same time period from April 20 to May 14 or if it will be delayed until later.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts