GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 17 Feb 2020, 14:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2019, 00:50
If you apply in round 3 and get rejected, and then apply a few months later for round one, it's a little tricky because you're kind of telling the admissions committee that they were wrong and they need to rethink their decision. It's better if you have a significantly higher GMAT or you've experienced some real career growth, a tangible significant development, but if you just did a crappy job on the application it's going to be a lot more difficult. Because from their eyes you haven't had a lot of time to *grow.*

I also want to mention that I haven't heard about Consultants rejecting around 3 applicants, however personally I don't work with applicants who don't have a GMAT score because if they don't get the GMAT score they are aspiring to get - then they will no longer have the proper motivation to complete the application.

I definitely work with round 3 reapplicants but only if they have a GMAT score that makes some degree of sense with the school they're applying to.

Posted from my mobile device
S
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2019, 12:20
I honestly think that would be a bad strategy.

Round 3 is notoriously difficult -- I wouldn't advise any "normal" candidate to go that route. Only someone who is truly in extraordinary circumstances -- coming back from a military deployment, having just sold a business, having just had a child, etc -- would have a reason for going this route, and then even then that person better be over-the-top impressive.

For most of the top programs, my experience has been that is is more difficult for reapplicants -- especially if they didn't get an interview invite the first time around AND if they are just applying the following year. The adcom will simply not believe that THAT much could've possibly changed in your profile in that short amount of time, and if they dinged you before, I think it will work against yoou to not have a totally fresh slate. Wait until Round 1.

TargetMBA007 wrote:
Admissionado wrote:
If you are unable to sit for the GMAT and obtain what you believe to be your best possible score before the upcoming R2 deadline (just a few days away now for GSB), then you should wait until R1 for the class of 2023, rather than applying R3 this cycle for the class of 2022. R3 is known for poorer odds at most schools vs. R1 or R2.

If you do wait until R1 for the class of 2023 to apply, you may benefit from a free consultation with a consultant as you prepare your essays and decide upon your strategic positioning. Free free to sign up for a free consultation here: https://admissionado.com/free-consultat ... sultation/

Hi Admissionado

I am a similar situation and working on my GMAT currently but I was aiming to apply for R3. I do understand it has poorer odds relative to R1 next year, but based on my career plan, I would really not like to lose a year. You seem to imply that admission consultants only work with R1 or R2. Is that a correct interpretation? I will soon start the process of shortlisting a consultant but this made me wonder if most consultants are ok to work with R3 applicants or not?

My existing plan is, I would prepare my application for R3 and if I can hit my target score, I would apply R3, if I don't, I would wait for R1 for the next batch. Does this sound like a good strategy? Normally in such situations do consultants help you refine your application further given that you have additional time.

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
It doesn't sound like you are in a good position to submit in Round 2. Your competitors will have spent months on their materials and essays -- if you only have an outline and haven't even taken the GMAT once yet, it's a recipe for disaster, and the top schools are even harder to get into as a reapplicant.

SBCErikaOlson

Hi Erika, the "Reapplicant" keyword caught my attention there. Can you please elaborate on this a bit more. Further to the info above, If I do get my application in on time for R3 but do not make it, I was hoping to re-apply R1. I wonder if I would be eligible to do so and what are the implications of this?

Thanks

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 22:09
I just have completed my application.
However, I just noticed that one of my recommenders and I have used the same laptop under the same network.
Would it be a problem?
(To be exact, at work my recommender used a company laptop that used to be mine, since he has broken his and I had two for reasons)
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 07:48
I'm confused -- where did you "notice" this -- is it something the adcom would actually see as well? Have never heard of something like this.

0103china wrote:
However, I just noticed that one of my recommenders and I have used the same laptop under the same network.
Would it be a problem?
(To be exact, at work my recommender used a company laptop that used to be mine, since he has broken his and I had two for reasons)

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 08:05
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
I'm confused -- where did you "notice" this -- is it something the adcom would actually see as well? Have never heard of something like this.

0103china wrote:
Would it be a problem?

Sorry I was talking about the IP address or cookie.Maybe me and my friends were too sensitive.
(if you are under the same network, you share the same IP)

S

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 08:12
Yes I understand that... what I'm still not clear on is where you think the adcom would actually see that? Are YOU seeing it somewhere in the app or checklist? If not, then I definitely wouldn't worry about it.

0103china wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

0103china wrote:
Would it be a problem?

Sorry I was talking about the IP address or cookie.Maybe me and my friends were too sensitive.
(if you are under the same network, you share the same IP)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2020, 07:48
Hi people, any idea when the invites for interviews (for Round 2 applicants) will be sent out by GSB? Will all invites be sent out at the same time, as is the case at Harvard?
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2020, 11:06
This info is on their site at the bottom of this page: https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/m ... interviews

They definitely do not do them all on one day -- they consistently send out invites across their stated range. I've had SEVERAL clients get invites on the very last day of the range. So buckle in for the long haul for the next 2 months until mid-March.

Best of luck to all!

pj2294 wrote:
Hi people, any idea when the invites for interviews (for Round 2 applicants) will be sent out by GSB? Will all invites be sent out at the same time, as is the case at Harvard?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2020, 17:59
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
This info is on their site at the bottom of this page: https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/m ... interviews

They definitely do not do them all on one day -- they consistently send out invites across their stated range. I've had SEVERAL clients get invites on the very last day of the range. So buckle in for the long haul for the next 2 months until mid-March.

Best of luck to all!

pj2294 wrote:

Thanks, Erika!
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2020, 18:25
Why do I still see the "Unsubmit Application" option in the application portal well past the deadline (9 Jan, 2pm PT)? I thought you can't unsubmit your application after the deadline?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2020, 23:55
Email update (I'm sure all applicants have received this one):

"Thank you again for applying to the Stanford MBA Program. We know you made a significant investment in your application; we value your effort and hope you found the process rewarding.

The days and weeks after submitting your application can be daunting. To alleviate some of this anxiety, we have outlined the next steps of the review process below.

Admission Process Dates

9 January 2020: Round 2 Deadline
Beginning on deadline day, the admissions team prepares applications for review. Over the subsequent weeks, we review applications and decide which candidates will move on to the next stage.

10 February through 11 March 2020: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend interview invitations daily via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. The MBA Program expects to interview approximately 1,000 applicants this application year.

If you are invited to interview, you will receive an invitation from us between 10 February and 11 March. We will send Round 2 interview invitations once each weekday at 10:30 am Pacific Time (so no need to refresh your email all day).

If you have not received an interview invitation by 11 March, you will not be interviewed in this round.

Please do not submit additional information in support of your application. Rest assured that there is nothing more you need to do to improve your chances for an interview. Your application speaks for itself.

11 March and 2 April: Application Decision Notifications
Here are the possible outcomes on these dates:

On 11 March, if you have not been selected for an interview, you will receive an email notifying you to log in to your online application to view one of these two decisions for your MBA application:

Your application to the MBA Program is denied. This decision is final.

You are being offered a spot in the waitpool for the MBA Program with the possibility of being invited to interview in the next application round.

You have already been invited to interview, and will receive a final decision on 2 April from the MBA Program. At that time you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool. On 2 April you will receive an email notifying you to log in to your online application to view the decision for your MBA application.
Thank you!
Thanks in advance for your patience and for your interest in Stanford. We are excited to learn more about you.

Stanford MBA Admissions Office"
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 610 Q38 V36

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2020, 11:46
If you applied to both the MSx and MBA programs you get this email. The MBA decision release times aren’t mentioned here.

“Thank you again for your application. We know you made a significant investment; we value your effort and hope you found the process rewarding.

Since you applied to both the MBA and MSx programs, we'd like you to know that each program has a separate admission process: you may be accepted to one, both, or neither program. From this point forward, you will see your MBA and MSx applications listed separately when you log in.

The days and weeks after submitting your application can be daunting. To alleviate some of this anxiety, we have outlined the next steps of the review process below.

Admission Process Dates

9 January 2020: Round 2 Deadline
Beginning on deadline day, the MBA and MSx admission teams each prepare applications for review. Over the subsequent weeks, each team will review their applications and decide which candidates will move on to the next stage.

10 February through 11 March 2020: MBA and MSx Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend interview invitations regularly via email. Interviews for both the MBA and MSx Programs are by invitation only and are required for admission. The MBA Program expects to interview approximately 1,000 applicants this application year. The MSx Program expects to interview approximately 200 applicants.

If you are invited to interview by either program, you will receive an invitation from that office between 10 February and 11 March and interview specifically for that program.

If you receive interview invitations from both programs, you will interview separately for each program.

If you have not received an interview invitation from either program by 11 March, you will not be interviewed in this round.

Rest assured that there is nothing more you need to do to improve your chances for an interview. Your application speaks for itself. Please do not submit additional information in support of either application.

11 March and 2 April: Application Decision Notifications
Here are the possible outcomes on these dates:

Your MSx Program Application
You were not selected for an interview as of 11 March, and your application to the MSx Program is denied. This decision is final. You will receive an email on 11 March notifying you to log in to your online application to view this decision for your MSx application.

You have already been invited to interview, and will receive a final decision on 2 April from the MSx Program. At that time you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool for the MSx Program. On 2 April, you will receive an email notifying you to log in to your online application to view the decision for your MSx application.
Your MBA Program Application
You were not selected for an interview as of 11 March, and you will receive an email on 11 March notifying you to log in to your online application to view one of these two decisions for your MBA application:

Your application to the MBA Program is denied. This decision is final.

You are being offered a spot in the waitpool for the MBA Program with the possibility of being invited to interview in the next application round.

You have already been invited to interview, and will receive a final decision on 2 April from the MBA Program. At that time you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool. On 2 April you will receive an email notifying you to log in to your online application to view the decision for your MBA application.“

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2020, 12:26
pj2294 wrote:
Why do I still see the "Unsubmit Application" option in the application portal well past the deadline (9 Jan, 2pm PT)? I thought you can't unsubmit your application after the deadline?

I believe that it's basically an option to withdraw your application (so, for example, if you applied but heard back from another school in the meantime and decided you would rather go there regardless, or you got some crazy job offer and no longer want to go to business school). It's like RSVPing no if you already know you're not going to be able to make it. :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 11:49
Hi! Has anyone heard anything on invites yet?
Kellogg School Moderator
S
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 2.4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 12:23
maniteez77 wrote:

In a recent e-mail they explained the process.

Basically invites can be sent out any day from Feb 10 - March 11. If you do not receive an interview invite in that timeframe you will receive a rejection or waitlist notification on March 11th.

Interviews will go out every weekday at exactly 10:30 AM PST, so if you do not get one at that time you did not receive one yet. They've done this to prevent us all from having to panic refresh for an entire month.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 21:00
maniteez77 wrote:

No interview invite for me yet. I've learnt this week from people that my chances at GSB are super-low (like zero). But hey, I'm still hoping for a miracle :-D
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 22:18
Thanks in posting this @Leboken
Lekoben wrote:
maniteez77 wrote:

In a recent e-mail they explained the process.

Basically invites can be sent out any day from Feb 10 - March 11. If you do not receive an interview invite in that timeframe you will receive a rejection or waitlist notification on March 11th.

Interviews will go out every weekday at exactly 10:30 AM PST, so if you do not get one at that time you did not receive one yet. They've done this to prevent us all from having to panic refresh for an entire month.

Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2020, 12:01
Is there no decision tracker for Round 2 GSB applicants to help us see if people here are beginning to receive interview invites?
S

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2020, 14:31
A few of my clients got invites this afternoon.

In past years, most of my clients got invites on THE LAST DAY of the range, so what the other poster said above is correct: they really do send them out throughout the entire monthlong range, up until and including the final day.

Best of luck, all!

maniteez77 wrote:

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2020, 19:05
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
A few of my clients got invites this afternoon.

In past years, most of my clients got invites on THE LAST DAY of the range, so what the other poster said above is correct: they really do send them out throughout the entire monthlong range, up until and including the final day.

Best of luck, all!

maniteez77 wrote:

Congrats!! Technically, what's the last day that an applicant could get an interview invite this year? March 10 or 11? I'm guessing it must be March 10? And those who haven't heard anything by March 10 will get to know whether they are waitlisted or rejected on March 11?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2020, 19:05

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 104 posts ] 

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: erlandgas