Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1919 [0]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Re: Panic in math section during exam [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Wasif007,

From what you describe, while much of the content on this 'Entrance Exam' was similar to what appears on the GMAT, it's not clear how you were preparing for THAT Exam. Did you have any study materials (including practice tests) that were designed specifically for that Entrance Exam of were you just using GMAT questions because the content of the two tests is so similar? I ask because working through random GMAT questions wouldn't necessarily prepare you for that other Exam - and you might not have been trained to properly handle that Exam in one sitting.

1) What would be an acceptable/passing Score on this other Exam? How did you score?
2) When are you allowed to retake this Entrance Exam?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

It was basically a standerdize aptitude test. Yes the question was designed completely as gmat. It was a job entrance exam in a bank. I was preparing for that exam last 4 months with other candidates. But i always get panick when do the math section. Other section i was pretty much confident. In my home practice i able to do solve those gmat math in proper timed enviornment.
when i went for the exam every section was perfect.but when it comes for math section i literally get nervous and paniced.Those math question are exactly same as gmat math and was pretty easy. But i got paniced and cannot keep my nerve calm doing those math.
When i bring that question paper in home i able do all those question easily.

How can i get rid of this math anxiety during exam???

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Wasif007,

Do you currently have access to any practice Exams that mimic this Entrance Exam? If so, then I'd like to see one - just so that I can be clear on what you are facing when you take one. In addition, are you able to answer the other questions that I asked in my prior post? Going forward, we need to define your timeline and goal(s) so that you can properly prepare to retake this Exam. In addition, if this Exam really is so similar to the GMAT, then you can develop some GMAT skills WHILE you're preparing for this Entrance Exam.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22044 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Wasif007,

Although I am not familiar with your exam, I can provide some general advice on how to curb testing anxiety.

To help manage your nerves, you could try some visualization techniques. Imagine various test-day scenarios such as getting stuck on a question, issues in the testing center, feeling pressed for time, or worrying that you’re underperforming. As you feel your stress responses start to kick in when thinking about these things, practice pulling yourself together and visualize focusing on getting correct answers.

When taking the exam, the best way to deal with stress is to get busy answering the question in front of you, focusing completely on the task at hand so that you redirect all of that nervous energy and naturally calm down. In other words, you distract yourself with a goal. Just tell yourself that all that matters is getting the correct answer to the question in front of you, and then when you have finished that question, take the same attitude toward the next one. Focus on winning each “mini-battle” and you won't have time for anxiety. If you can win enough of those battles, you can win the war, right?

Please reach out with any further questions.
GMAT Club Bot