GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Feb 2020, 03:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Park Fellowship Waitlist?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Park Fellowship Waitlist?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 16:09
Did anyone who participated in one of the LEAD 2-day events get admitted and placed on the Park Fellowship wait list? Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about whether anyone ever turns down a Park Fellowship, opening up a spot for someone else? How about how many candidates are placed on the wait list?
Intern
Intern
Re: Park Fellowship Waitlist?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2016, 12:23
Johnson uses the Park Fellowship wait list as a trick to keep potential high quality students interested in the program. It is 100% a marketing trick. The wait list is intentional long and few if any people on the wait list end up getting Parks. If you're on the wait list - you're most likely NOT getting the fully ride....The way to handle this is tell the school you NOW have an offer from another MBA program (pick any m7) and while you're happy to be on the Park wait list, you need $ now to help make up your mind. Chances are you'll get some scholarship money ($20-$30K is thrown around, unless you wait too long to do this) today to push your decision. If you do not do this, you'll be on the wait list until you start, and then you'll have ZERO money from the school...Unless you of course take another school's offer. Welcome to Johnson admissions scams 101.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2016, 11:43
I sort of thought that might have been the case, but apparently not. I know someone who participated in one of the LEAD weekends and was placed on the waiting list for the Park Fellowship who was just pulled off the waiting list into the program. It may be a singular case, but it demonstrates that its not "100% a marketing trick." Also, he was told that the waiting list was, in fact, rather short. I'm not sure the source of your information, but I guess its not "100% an accurate source."
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2016, 17:31
mbaspiring wrote:
I sort of thought that might have been the case, but apparently not. I know someone who participated in one of the LEAD weekends and was placed on the waiting list for the Park Fellowship who was just pulled off the waiting list into the program. It may be a singular case, but it demonstrates that its not "100% a marketing trick." Also, he was told that the waiting list was, in fact, rather short. I'm not sure the source of your information, but I guess its not "100% an accurate source."

As with all rules, there are exceptions.

My source is having been a student at Johnson and I volunteered in the admissions office as an admissions ambassador.

If you think the waitlist is nothing more than a marketing ploy, I wish you best of luck in getting the full ride...chances are, you won't get one and will matriculate there w/o any money.

Good luck!!!!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2016, 17:59
First of all, the person I know already got the fellowship and the attendant full tuition award. So no wish of luck is necessary. Second, your last sentence doesn't make any sense. Did you mean to say "if you don't think the waitlist is nothing more than a marketing ploy?" Third, do you mean you were one of the "social ambassadors?" From what I know, the Admissions office doesn't share those sorts of details with the social ambassadors.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Park Fellowship Waitlist?   [#permalink] 24 Apr 2016, 17:59

Park Fellowship Waitlist?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: vinayakvaish, chanjaso