GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2018, 18:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • LBS/INSEAD/Cambridge R1 Admit is Here to Answer YOUR Questions!

December 09, 2018

December 09, 2018

06:00 AM PST

07:00 AM PST

One of our senior forum members, subirroy, recently got accepted at LBS, INSEAD, and Cambridge in Round 1. He accepted our invitation to share his insights about the application process, and answer the queries of applicants.
  • Personal MBA Coach’s Top 4 Tips For MBA Applicants

December 10, 2018

December 10, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Reflecting back on the tips I have provided again and again, I want to share my top 4 “words of wisdom” for MBA applicants.

Part Time: Madison or Kellogg

new topic post reply Update application status  

Madison or Kellogg?

• 66% [2]
  • 33% [1]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.38
Part Time: Madison or Kellogg  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 08:46
Hi!

I have been admitted into both Kellogg and UW-Madison's evening MBA programs. I currently reside and will be employed throughout my MBA program in Milwaukee, WI. My current employer has agreed to sponsor my tuition up to $40k over the duration of the program. I would be responsible for about $39k out of pocket at Madison and about $65k at Kellogg. I would likely be looking for work elsewhere upon completion of my program however. Work/Life balance and career service support and job prospects upon graduation are my two biggest factors in making a decision. I only hear the talking points while talking with admissions folks and current students at both schools. I am looking for a my unbiased opinion. Does Madison considering to cancel their FT program last year impact Madison's stature? What is the value of a Madison MBA outside of the midwest? Is an extra two hours in the car each class day plus another $26k in expense worth the Kellogg MBA over Madison?

I'm looking for any and all thoughts on this decision...

Madison:
Out-of Pocket: $39k
Duration: 3 years (firm)
Commute: 1.5 hours on couch bus from Milwaukee to Madison - 2 times weekly
Flexibility: None - little flexibility in the coursework to personalize the program. With the exception of two electives all classes are preselected

Kellogg:
Out-of Pocket: $65k
Duration: 2-4 years
Commute: 2.5 hours round trip driving/train from Milwaukee to Chicago - once a week if in the weekend program
Flexibility: Lots of flexibility after core classes are complete - majors are an option as well
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Part Time: Madison or Kellogg  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 08:59
Have to run to a meeting but really quickly - you definitely want to go to Kellogg. Kellogg's brand, student body, and opportunities far exceed that of Madison. However, the main value and the biggest different of all is the Kellogg's super friendly policy towards their PT students - you will be invited to the on-campus recruiting events and other opportunities to network and land a job. Very few programs offer this to their PT students and that alone in my view is worth a lot more than $25K you will have to pay for Kellogg.

Congrats on your admission!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Board of Directors
P
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 11:59
I know a person who does part-time MBA at Kellogg. I believe Chicago gives you more career opportunities than Madison. Taking into consideration the trips you would need to make to interview/network, being in Chicago is an advantage.
Congrats on getting accepted to both schools!!!
Current Student
D
Schools: Boston U '20 (M)
GRE 1: Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 12:10
Kellogg! Here is why ->
  • Better reputation -> This is no brainer. There is major difference better UW Madison and Kellogg. Kellogg is an extremely strong brand and has an unmatched alumni network. Kellogg smokes UW Madison.
  • Future consideration -> UW Madison has certainly lost a bit of faith of many MBA applicants this season, when it decided to vote on whether or not it should kill its FT MBA program. Kellogg's reputation with this regards is unwavering and unquestioned.
  • Employment opportunities -> Chicago > Madison

Easy choice -> If I were you, I would tap that Kellogg offer and book a flight to Evanston!

All the best

MBA Financing:- INDIAN PUBLIC BANKS vs PRODIGY FINANCE!

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA!

The MOST AFFORDABLE MBA programs!

STONECOLD's BRUTAL Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

AVERAGE GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools!

GMAT Club Bot
Part Time: Madison or Kellogg &nbs [#permalink] 06 Mar 2018, 12:10

Part Time: Madison or Kellogg

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap