It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 22:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Part Time MBA- NYU Langone vs. Villanova Flex Track Program

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Part Time MBA- NYU Langone vs. Villanova Flex Track Program [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2017, 20:07
Hi all! I'm having trouble deciding between NYU's Langone Manhattan Saturday part-time program and Villanova's Flex Track part-time program. NYU is $2,158/credit and requires 60 credits for the MBA; Villanova is $1,005/credit and requires 48 credits for the MBA. I work for a company that pays $10k per calendar year for higher education. Some additional information about me- I live in NJ in the suburbs of Philadelphia, so the commute to Villanova would be much more convenient. I have work experience in investment management from a prestigious firm and most recently in a more corporate finance role involved with analysis and reporting at a large company and am interested in remaining at my company since there seem to be many opportunities down the line.

Given all of this, it seems like Villanova seems to be the better decision from a financial and logistics perspective, but the NYU brand is very appealing as well. I especially like NYU's global draw since I may be interested in working in Europe some day. However, having to travel up to 2 hours one day on Saturdays to NYU for classes all day across 4-5 years seems like a difficult task- do you think it is worth it? Or is Nova my best bet? Thanks!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28499 [1], given: 5114

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Part Time MBA- NYU Langone vs. Villanova Flex Track Program [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2017, 01:25
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi. Congrats on your admits and Welcome to GMAT Club!

The answer really depends on what/how you are planning to use the Degree. If you are planning to grow within your current company, then there is a strong case for cost/logistics. At the same time if you are thinking of networking and leveraging NYU for a potential job/career shift, then Villanova which is not ranked by US news would be a far cry of a comparison vs. NYU.

Think about it - playing Satruday basketball on your local playground vs. going into the city to play with Nets.... though they may be headed to a playground too but you get the idea. NYU is a stronger program, more selective, which means it attracts stronger and more serious students, better faculty, and builds a sense of exclusivity which creates camaraderie among those who were able to be a part of the experience. That also results into a stronger alum network, better networking opportunities, etc.

P.S. Disclaimer, I really don't know much about Villanova. It may be an amazing program, we just have not had anyone post much about it.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28499 [1], given: 5114

Intern
Intern

Re: Part Time MBA- NYU Langone vs. Villanova Flex Track Program [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2017, 19:34
bb wrote:
Hi. Congrats on your admits and Welcome to GMAT Club!

The answer really depends on what/how you are planning to use the Degree. If you are planning to grow within your current company, then there is a strong case for cost/logistics. At the same time if you are thinking of networking and leveraging NYU for a potential job/career shift, then Villanova which is not ranked by US news would be a far cry of a comparison vs. NYU.

Think about it - playing Satruday basketball on your local playground vs. going into the city to play with Nets.... though they may be headed to a playground too but you get the idea. NYU is a stronger program, more selective, which means it attracts stronger and more serious students, better faculty, and builds a sense of exclusivity which creates camaraderie among those who were able to be a part of the experience. That also results into a stronger alum network, better networking opportunities, etc.

P.S. Disclaimer, I really don't know much about Villanova. It may be an amazing program, we just have not had anyone post much about it.

Thanks for the detailed response - I really appreciate it! I would love to grow within my current company, but at the same time no one knows where they'll end up. I've always tried to go above and beyond my whole life and really feel like having an NYU education and brand appeal on my resume would be great and a personal goal, but all other signs regarding logistics and financing point to Villanova. I need to keep thinking about it, but thanks!

Re: Part Time MBA- NYU Langone vs. Villanova Flex Track Program   [#permalink] 09 Aug 2017, 19:34

Part Time MBA- NYU Langone vs. Villanova Flex Track Program

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: OasisGC

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap