Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Re: Planning for 2nd MBA in Germany [#permalink]
Why from Germany? German knowledge is required in most of the courses and if you have researched and it is not the case then go ahead.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
nitieronny wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, after working for 6 years, and after already having BTECH and a PGDM, I am clear about my goals.
I wanted to have global exposure, which is missing in my profile.
Personally I always wanted to explore different culture.
I like the German language, and I am learning it from last 1 year.
So, if given a chance I would like to move to Germany rather than any english speaking country like USA.
To create that chance, the best possible way is to go for higher studies, as Indians we can not just move there and look for job.
I have also considered the job seeker visa option, which gives 6 months time frame for a skilled person to search for a job.
However, I am not into core IT role which has huge demand there. So, better to go for higher study.
I have shortlisted Furtwangen University, where the fees is 4500 Euro for 18 months course and the course is suitable for me.
But apart from this, there are lot of options/constraints are there, when I actually take the step of moving there.
Hence, wanted to seek advice, learn from people who are/were in similar situation.

Hi,

I am not convinced that learning German since a year is the reason you should do your MBA in Germany. You will be investing both time (atleast a year) and money during your MBA - so this decision has to be well thought out.
Research further on the kind of jobs available after the German MBA. How much value will this particular program add to your profile? Will you find opportunities in your target industry? Does your target company hire internationals for the roles that you desire?
I believe its important for you to find out about the "options/constraints" you have mentioned in your post above at this point in time and then take an informed decision whether you should apply there at all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
rahulpetrocrat wrote:
Why from Germany? German knowledge is required in most of the courses and if you have researched and it is not the case then go ahead.

good question. PFB the reasons.

1. Cost: German masters in management courses are free, MBA in some of the colleges cost 3k or 4K Euro. Rest top colleges like WHU, LMU, IE costs 30k Euro or more.
2. Job prospects: German economy is doing well. least unemployment rate of around 4% in a decade. Strongest economy in EU. Good scope in supply chain/operations.
3. Easy visa: after the course: candidate gets 18 months to search for a job. this is enough to get a job and plan for it properly.
4. Easy PR: after 33 months (Approx) a person gets the PR, which is far better than US/UK/Australia. So a person who wants to stay long term abroad, Germany is far better option.
5. Blue card: If candidates salary is 53K or more, they are eligible for blue card, which gives access to the EU job market, so basically if he wants, he can directly apply to Sweden/NL/France/Austria/Poland etc.
6. Spouse visa: In USA, spouse cannot work under spouse visa, but in germany it is allowed, for candidates who are married, or planning to get married in next 2/3 years, this is really important.
7. Child benefits: Further, child benefits are far more in Germany than other countries like US/Singapore/India/Australia. Parents can take upto 1 year of paternity/maternity leave. Very few countries in EU offers this. Child care is free.
8.German language: I am planning to write B1 soon and plan to continue to higher levels. Learning german is very important. So, I may have higher chances of getting an internship or job if I improve my german skills.
9. No requirement of loan: If i target US/canada definitely i would require loan, but in case of Germany, I dont need education loan, there will not be a big hole in my pocket which is very important factor for me.

I could come up with these reasons as of now, there are many actually. I wish I could do my first MBA itself in Germany back in 2014. But, i did not know about all this back in time. So, for a person who wants to immigrate and stay for long term, get a job, start a family, and get good quality of healthcare and education, Germany is a fantastic option.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am also planning for second MBA from Germany. Could you please let me know how to search the colleges? Is the consultancy assistance required?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72877 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived WHU MBA Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our WHU MBA Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated WHU MBA Forum for all fresh things related to the WHU MBA MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts