Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools:LBS, Oxford
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Re: Planning management for IMD INSEAD LBS [#permalink]
mazwaz, dont worry, no matter where you are in the world, LBS is likely to have an alumni willing to interview you nearby. A campus visit does not add anything (from personal experience). In fact I would argue that you are likely to connect better with an alumni who lives in a nearby region and will have the right perspectives to judge your experiences.

mazwaz wrote:
From what I know, IMD doesn't allow phone interview!!
What about INSEAD and LBS???
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
mazwaz wrote:
Hi all,

I am planning to apply for the 2013 intake for IMD and for the September intakes for INSEAD and LBS

As I live in Africa I am not able to travel so often to Europe (about twice a year and only 2 weeks) so I really need to optimize my application planning as much as possible.

I see that many people from this thread have experienced applying to INSEAD and IMD in the same time.

Thus, If we look at the IMD,INSEAD and LBS deadlines :
IMD - 1 FEB 2012 - 1 APR 2012 - 1 JUIN 2012 - 1 SEPT 2012
INSEAD - 7 DEC 2011 - 21 MARCH 2012 (I won't be ready before dec 2011)
LBS - 5 JAN 2012 - 2 MARCH 2012 - 20 APRIL 2012

the thing is that if I am offered interviews for those schools I have to take them within a span of 2 weeks as I cannot stay more!!! (because of my work) and the issue is that for instance if I apply in march for insead it will be the last round (more difficult)!!!

So I am asking for some advise about how to manage my planning. In fact, I don't know how much time is given to decide whether you accept the spot offered by the school and pay the 1st term!!!
Hope this is clear enough!!!

Thanks guys,

mazwaz

Hi Mazwaz,

Quite unique problem of yours - to help with planning.

But my question is have you already got calls? Most likely no. I would say the schools are such that even if you have to come 2-3 times, should be worth it. If you get calls from all 3, I would say you are really lucky and traveling thrice would be the least price which you can pay for that.

Plan to apply in R2 as R3 would be really late and see what calls come. Interviewing committee are really supportive and can adjust the dates if they can (at least for LBS and INSEAD - as IMD interview can be dependent on other candidates' and is fixed most of the times).

All the best.

Regards
Neha Singh
https://www.general-ed.com/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Neha,

I have been invited by the three schools for interview but finally cancelled the one for LBS as I was already accepted elsewhere!!!

it was really tough to manage the decision timing between IMD and INSEAD as I was accepted to both but Insead was supportive enough to defer my 1st installment payment for a week so I was able to accept IMD's offer!!!

I guess I have been lucky throughout the process as I got my first choice without having to pay anything to other schools and without extra traveling.
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
mazwaz wrote:
Thanks Neha,

I have been invited by the three schools for interview but finally cancelled the one for LBS as I was already accepted elsewhere!!!

it was really tough to manage the decision timing between IMD and INSEAD as I was accepted to both but Insead was supportive enough to defer my 1st installment payment for a week so I was able to accept IMD's offer!!!

I guess I have been lucky throughout the process as I got my first choice without having to pay anything to other schools and without extra traveling.

Many Congratulations Mazwaz,

It would be great if you can share your interview experience with us all along with the questions asked to you during the interview.

Regards
Neha Singh
https://www.general-ed.com/
GMAT Club Bot