GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 04:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please advice if below study plan has any flaws

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2018
Posts: 18
Please advice if below study plan has any flaws  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2018, 19:42
Target 700+
Time: 3 weeks
1. Reading all MGMAT guides and taking notes
2. Taking Mock test
3. Doing OG
3. Again Taking Mock test.

What should I do Add or modify in my plan. Please help. (Urgentt)

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
User avatar
V
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 1698
Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: Please advice if below study plan has any flaws  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2018, 23:08
Queen95 wrote:
Target 700+
Time: 3 weeks
1. Reading all MGMAT guides and taking notes
2. Taking Mock test
3. Doing OG
3. Again Taking Mock test.

What should I do Add or modify in my plan. Please help. (Urgentt)
If you're looking for a 700+ score in just 3 weeks, it's really important for you to know how much work you have ahead of you. I suggest you take a GMATPrep now itself.

Also, ensure that you have a plan in place in case you don't hit your target score. That is, are you in a position to push your exam date back or take the exam again?
_________________

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2018
Posts: 18
Please advice if below study plan has any flaws  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2018, 23:55
AjiteshArun wrote:
Queen95 wrote:
Target 700+
Time: 3 weeks
1. Reading all MGMAT guides and taking notes
2. Taking Mock test
3. Doing OG
3. Again Taking Mock test.

What should I do Add or modify in my plan. Please help. (Urgentt)
If you're looking for a 700+ score in just 3 weeks, it's really important for you to know how much work you have ahead of you. I suggest you take a GMATPrep now itself.

Also, ensure that you have a plan in place in case you don't hit your target score. That is, are you in a position to push your exam date back or take the exam again?


Thank you for the advice. I will take the mock test now.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2018
Posts: 18
Re: Please advice if below study plan has any flaws  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 00:00
AjiteshArun wrote:
Queen95 wrote:
Target 700+
Time: 3 weeks
1. Reading all MGMAT guides and taking notes
2. Taking Mock test
3. Doing OG
3. Again Taking Mock test.

What should I do Add or modify in my plan. Please help. (Urgentt)
If you're looking for a 700+ score in just 3 weeks, it's really important for you to know how much work you have ahead of you. I suggest you take a GMATPrep now itself.

Also, ensure that you have a plan in place in case you don't hit your target score. That is, are you in a position to push your exam date back or take the exam again?


Should I do MGMAT now or mock test from official website? Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
SVP
SVP
User avatar
V
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 1698
Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: Please advice if below study plan has any flaws  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 00:02
Queen95 wrote:
Should I do MGMAT now or mock test from official website? Thanks.
Take one of the official tests. Non-official tests are not as representative of your ability as the official ones.
_________________

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2018
Posts: 18
Re: Please advice if below study plan has any flaws  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 00:32
AjiteshArun wrote:
Queen95 wrote:
Should I do MGMAT now or mock test from official website? Thanks.
Take one of the official tests. Non-official tests are not as representative of your ability as the official ones.


Hi. It’s 550 (on MBA.com test) V28 Q37 without any preparation. What’s your opinion about the scores?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
SVP
SVP
User avatar
V
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 1698
Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: Please advice if below study plan has any flaws  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 00:51
Queen95 wrote:
Hi. It’s 550 (on MBA.com test) V28 Q37 without any preparation. What’s your opinion about the scores?
550 is 39%, V28 is 51%, and Q37 is 32%.

It's a reasonable starting point (the average score is 561.27, but that's for people taking the actual exam, not their first practice test). Whether 3 weeks is enough for you to move from 550 to 700 (700 is 88%) will really depend on the reasons for the gap. If you are not very familiar with the concepts tested on the exam, expect to see some major gains as soon as you get those concepts in place.

It'll be a good idea to have a fallback plan in place: to either push the date back a bit or be open to taking the exam again.
_________________

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2018
Posts: 18
Re: Please advice if below study plan has any flaws  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 00:54
AjiteshArun wrote:
Queen95 wrote:
Hi. It’s 550 (on MBA.com test) V28 Q37 without any preparation. What’s your opinion about the scores?
550 is 39%, V28 is 51%, and Q37 is 32%.

It's a reasonable starting point (the average score is 561.27, but that's for people taking the actual exam, not their first practice test). Whether 3 weeks is enough for you to move from 550 to 700 (700 is 88%) will really depend on the reasons for the gap. If you are not very familiar with the concepts tested on the exam, expect to see some major gains as soon as you get those concepts in place.

It'll be a good idea to have a fallback plan in place: to either push the date back a bit or be open to taking the exam again.


I noticed that time was issue for Verbal so working on it.
Yes, concepts are issue for Quant as haven’t studied.

Hoping to see a improvement in score when I test myself again a week before GMAT. If there is not much improvement I will reschedule.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Re: Please advice if below study plan has any flaws &nbs [#permalink] 04 Sep 2018, 00:54
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Please advice if below study plan has any flaws

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.