Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 16:21 It is currently 02 May 2024, 16:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
HBS & Haas Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1307 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4664 [0]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
HBS & Haas Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Re: Please Analyse My ESR [#permalink]
AjiteshArun wrote:
Hi oiploiloi,

1. You made only 3 mistakes (all SC) in the entire verbal section.
2. "Communication" refers to meaning and quality of construction (for example, you may be asked to remove an option because it is "awkward").

Your overall verbal score is very, very good, so if you're looking for major improvements, you may want to focus on quant.

Thank you for your analysis. It is really humbling to see that 3 mistakes is still only just a 42. I'm not sure how I can possibly better or even maintain this score in my retake tbh :cry:
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22121 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi oiploiloi,

Regarding how to improve your GMAT quant skills, here is a great article you can check out:

GMAT Quant Preparation: Top 10 Tips
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4664 [0]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
oiploiloi wrote:
Thank you for your analysis. It is really humbling to see that 3 mistakes is still only just a 42. I'm not sure how I can possibly better or even maintain this score in my retake tbh :cry:

Hi oiploiloi,

From what I've seen, verbal scoring has been a little... different in the last few years. For example, I haven't seen a 1-mistake V50 for quite some time now.

You shouldn't, however, let what you see on your ESR affect you. A V42 is a very good score, and it indicates that you're very, very good at verbal (if you can get through verbal with only 3 mistakes, you could even get through verbal with 0 mistakes). If I were you, I'd focus on quant, but just keep in mind that 710 is a very good score, and you may not need to retake.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Send PM
Expert Reply
oiploiloi wrote:
Please help me analyze my esr (quant and verbal) and suggest study tips for my retake in 3 weeks.

I'm so shocked by the verbal. I could have sworn that SC went fantasticly and I blew CR but turns out it was the other way around. Or am I missing something? I really can't believe this report. What does communication mean?
Also quant tips are very welcome! I am usually worse at DS so the report is also surprising there.

As Ajitesh mentioned, your Verbal score is solid. You're at the 96th percentile, which is fantastic. The feeling about SC might be a bit misleading; even with a few mistakes, you're doing really well. Your Quant, at the 50th percentile, is where you can gain the most. Don't worry too much about the SC part.

For Quant, focus on practicing more difficult questions under timed conditions. This will help improve your speed and accuracy. When you get a question wrong, analyze whether it's due to a conceptual error or just a simple mistake. Addressing these gaps will be key. You're on the right track, just keep at it!
GMAT Club Bot