It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 23:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please, could you evaluate my profile?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 10

GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Please, could you evaluate my profile? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2017, 06:38
Good afternoon,

I would appreciate it if you can evaluate my profile and give me advice. My case is the following:

I am Spanish and 29 years old. I hold a Degree in Chemical Engineering (top tier of the class) and have more than 4 year of experience in the Oil & Gas Sector, working for a big engineering company. I have some international experience since I have been working in Saudi Arabia for the last 4 months and will stay there for around a year.

My GMAT is Overall 730, Q49 and V40. Second attempt. My TOEFL 105.

Extra-curricular info: I created and investment club with a friend, played footbal for several years during my young year. I am also a runner, having run several halfmarathon and a trail marathon.

Because I had to prepare the GMAT for a retake I will apply for second round and this is the listof schools I am willing to apply: INSEAD, LBS and IESE. I think I am good for these ones, although I would appreciate any advice.

With my new GMAT score, I plan to apply to Columbia as well. I would love to study and MBA at USA and columbia is my favourite for a bunch of reasons. However, I don´t want to put much effort and time on the application if I don´t stand a chance, how do you see it?

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 10

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 243 [0], given: 0

Re: Please, could you evaluate my profile? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 17:48
Hi there,
Thanks for your post. So I would say you have several strengths going for you (respectable GMAT; slightly less common nationality when applying to the non-Spanish schools; international experience; sounds like solid academics; respectable O&G career). There are also multiple unknowns (how much you've accomplished at work; leadership experiences; community involvement; post-MBA goals; essays/recs/interviews etc). One challenge is simply that so many come from engineering these days.

To your question about Columbia, it won't be easy and again I don't have the full picture, but if it's your dream and I were you I'd give it a shot. I do recommend doing it sooner rather than later given their rolling admissions process!! As to the others, INSEAD & LBS are both quite tough, but I think yes worth a shot for you. I would be hopeful you'd be considered at IESE. If you'd like more of a free consultation with a look at your resume, fyi we do offer 30 minute free consultations at any point at www.mbamission.com/consult. And/or feel free to post back here. Good luck!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Kudos [?]: 243 [0], given: 0

Please, could you evaluate my profile?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap