Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: please evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
engim1989 wrote:
Hi,

I started working as a junior media executive where I was involved in media planning and media buying. After working there for almost a year and a half, i got the opportunity to join another organization as a client servicing executive. There i was alone responsible for 8 clients and reported directly to the VP. After 8 months of working there, i got the offer to work in strategy in a branding and communications firm and have been working there ever since. So, although i didn't get any official promotion, getting these opportunities itself was sort of an elevation.
During engineering, i was more involved in the extra-curricular activities than the curricular activities :P .. I led the marketing team of our college fest which was a state-level event and also played the lead role in a few plays that we did for the most reputed one act play competition of my city.
I did volunteer as a writer for the blind in a few exams that they took. However, I'm not sure whether there is any documentation of that. Will have to check.
As for my achievements, there is nothing extraordinary to state. I did complete BA in Indian Classical dance and Engineering simultaneously, if that would count. And i also received an excellence certificate at work for continuously making a positive difference in the organization.
My immediate goal, after graduation, would be to enter the media and entertainment industry. I want to work in film marketing. I come from the land of Bollywood. In my country, that is a huge employment generating industry. My long-term goal would be to make a contribution to this industry and take it to the next level in my field of expertise.

Hello there!
So now things make more sense for me. If film marketing is really your goal, then you have three degree options I think, the MBA, the MS in Marketing, and a Masters in film. From what I know of the film industry (and I'm not on the inside, and not in Bollywood, so you should definitely verify this with outside sources) the most important thing are your connections. This tends to lead me to think that a degree from a school heavily involved in the film industry (like UCLA, USC, Austin in the US) would be the best option. But that's Hollywood and not Bollywood, so you should find a few industry folks to speak with there to figure out what your best options are.

I hope this helps,
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts