GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 22:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Please Evaluate My Profile

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Please Evaluate My Profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2016, 15:06
Hi,

My name is Andrew and I am hoping you can give me feedback on my profile as I make the decision to pursue an MBA. My biggest question is whether or not I would be able to make up for the Low GPA and average GMAT with unique Military experiences. Or, are the academic factors too debilitating?

Stats:
Nationality: caucasian male
GPA: 2.69 in International Studies ( no pattern here, grades all over the place). I had no focus or motivation until I joined the military. Once I joined, I have been one of the top performers across the entire Army.
GMAT: 690
WE: After graduating college, I commissioned in the Army. The Army provided me with the motivation and direction I lacked in college. I am a 4 year Military Officer in Special Operations. Top 1% Officer in every position held, distinguished graduate in every military school I have attended in my career, and I was hand selected to serve in a unique Special Operations unit reserved for only 12 Officers in the entire Army.

Target schools: Top 10

I was wondering if I could have any chances in top 10 MBA programs with my low GPA.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Please Evaluate My Profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 19:53
Hi there,

It sounds like you've done an honest self-assessment and know your strengths and weaknesses... it's true that it could be tough to overcome that GPA. Especially for the top 5-8, but potentially for all the top 10... things that can help include an even higher GMAT if you're considering re-taking, and taking a course or two in a relevant area and getting A's.... then of course, stellar essays, recommendations, interview etc. Your best chances will be outside the top 10 but you could aim for a reach option and see what happens! And while not every school may accommodate, you can always reach out to admissions and see if you can visit or schedule an appointment with an admissions officer, especially in the off season, and ask some q's and chat about your situation and see if you get any off the cuff advice at all. Good luck to you!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Please Evaluate My Profile

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap