GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 07:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please Evaluate my profile

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 23
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Please Evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 22:18
10th-87%, 12th-86% Undergrad-76%(top 5 in class)
GRE: 316/340 (Q-164,V-152) AWA- 4/6

Completed undergrad in a private College. Been running my family business since then.
Family business- We own three schools which add up to a strength of 500+ students, I manage the schools and teach maths for 8th, 9th, 10th grade.
Work experience:
Two years part time teaching.
3.7 years Full time teaching/ and performing a managerial role in my schools.

My business Turnover- Around 44,00,000 INR

-------

Please tell me which colleges I can apply to for an MBA. I'm considering universities in Singapore, UK, USA. I applied to ISB Round 2.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2948
Re: Please Evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2018, 12:49
Hi,

Your grades are respectable at university, but I do wish GRE Verbal was higher. If you wind up doing some apps next fall I suggest another test attempt if feasible. If you are talking this spring.... I'd look at schools (in the US) ranked roughly 25-60 or so, considering those within that range that you feel are more well known and reputable and of interest. In the UK perhaps options like CASS, Warwick, Manchester. NUS and Nanyang may still be a bit tough with your GRE but you could try. Be sure to play up your managerial and leadership experience at the company and through teaching, and emphasize WHY the MBA will be important to your future career, especially since your background is a little less traditional.
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 23
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Re: Please Evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2018, 05:19
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Hi,

Your grades are respectable at university, but I do wish GRE Verbal was higher. If you wind up doing some apps next fall I suggest another test attempt if feasible. If you are talking this spring.... I'd look at schools (in the US) ranked roughly 25-60 or so, considering those within that range that you feel are more well known and reputable and of interest. In the UK perhaps options like CASS, Warwick, Manchester. NUS and Nanyang may still be a bit tough with your GRE but you could try. Be sure to play up your managerial and leadership experience at the company and through teaching, and emphasize WHY the MBA will be important to your future career, especially since your background is a little less traditional.




Thank you so much for your reply. Do you think I have a shot at ASU and georgia tech's Business Programs? Like you said I should probably aim at schools that have weight for the non profit element. Like, ASU.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2948
Re: Please Evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 11:14
1
rohit123 wrote:
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Hi,

Your grades are respectable at university, but I do wish GRE Verbal was higher. If you wind up doing some apps next fall I suggest another test attempt if feasible. If you are talking this spring.... I'd look at schools (in the US) ranked roughly 25-60 or so, considering those within that range that you feel are more well known and reputable and of interest. In the UK perhaps options like CASS, Warwick, Manchester. NUS and Nanyang may still be a bit tough with your GRE but you could try. Be sure to play up your managerial and leadership experience at the company and through teaching, and emphasize WHY the MBA will be important to your future career, especially since your background is a little less traditional.




Thank you so much for your reply. Do you think I have a shot at ASU and georgia tech's Business Programs? Like you said I should probably aim at schools that have weight for the non profit element. Like, ASU.


Yes, I think you could include those, ASU may be slightly more in reach than GA Tech. For the non-profit element, you could also look at Case Western for example.
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 23
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Re: Please Evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 20:08
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
rohit123 wrote:
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Hi,

Your grades are respectable at university, but I do wish GRE Verbal was higher. If you wind up doing some apps next fall I suggest another test attempt if feasible. If you are talking this spring.... I'd look at schools (in the US) ranked roughly 25-60 or so, considering those within that range that you feel are more well known and reputable and of interest. In the UK perhaps options like CASS, Warwick, Manchester. NUS and Nanyang may still be a bit tough with your GRE but you could try. Be sure to play up your managerial and leadership experience at the company and through teaching, and emphasize WHY the MBA will be important to your future career, especially since your background is a little less traditional.




Thank you so much for your reply. Do you think I have a shot at ASU and georgia tech's Business Programs? Like you said I should probably aim at schools that have weight for the non profit element. Like, ASU.


Yes, I think you could include those, ASU may be slightly more in reach than GA Tech. For the non-profit element, you could also look at Case Western for example.


Hello. I'm looking to study in georgia. Are there any other good business schools in georgia besides gtech? Something more feasible like georgia state university or university of georgia? Do these have good business schools?

Thank you for your time, its greatly appreciated.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 2948
Re: Please Evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2018, 11:17
Sure thing, yes University of GA (Teller) is often considered a top 50-ranked program, average GMAT 647, 35% acceptance. So a bit more in reach than GA Tech yes.
_________________

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Please Evaluate my profile

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.