GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Apr 2019, 17:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please evaluate my profile for MSc Finance

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Please evaluate my profile for MSc Finance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 22:34
Hi Kathryn,

Hope you are doing well !

Need your guidance, can you please comment on my below profile.

I took my GMAT on 8th April 2019 and have got a really low score of 610 (Q 46 and V 28, IR - 4). I was really shattered after seeing the results as I have put in lot of effort and have been scoring decently in my verbal attempts on e-gmat. I cancelled my score after seeing it.I wanted to get into the Masters in Finance program (full-time) in London Business School (LBS) this year (last date for the last round is 30th April 2019).

Age - I would be turning 35 years of age in June 2019

Work experience - I have an extensive work ex of ~ 12 years now (4 years in General Insurance industry and rest in the top ratings firm in India (Financial Research, moved to Derivatives ~ 4 years back). Currently I am working as a Manager there.

Education - Bachelors of Engineering from RGTU, Bhopal - 66.84%

CCAP (CRISIL Certified Analyst Program) - A 2 year study cum work program with NITIE, Mumbai as education partner.

I was working as Manager in my old insurance firm too in Mumbai but it was a small firm and in ~ 4 Years I had learned enough from it and wanted to move, as they would say, to big league. So took CCAP admisssion test, got in, and again started my career from scratch as an 'Associate' and after successful completion of the course was confirmed as 'Analyst' after 2 years.

I would have easily taken another attempt at GMAT if not for my age. I did met LBS's admission director in December 2018 and he said my story is interesting and asked me to send my CV to LBS adcom.

So my question is, taking into account my age, total work experience, and GMAT score what should be my next step?

Plus if you can please also comment on my chances For this year's admission, will I be able to get an interview call from LBS for full-time MiF this year ?

Many Thanks again for taking the time to go through my above predicament !

Saurabh
Admission Consultant
B
Re: Please evaluate my profile for MSc Finance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2019, 05:44
Hi there -
Thanks for reaching out for a free evaluation. In lieu of writing a lengthy reply, I'd rather we connect via Skype/phone so we may have a real dialogue and you can ask me questions as I give you an assessment. Additionally, I will be able to offer you a much more robust assessment if I am able to ask you more questions. If doing a free consult via skype/phone interests you, please fill out our FREE CONSULT form http://squareoneprep.com/free-consultation/.

I look forward to hearing from and speaking with you soon. Thanks again for reaching out.

Kathryn Lucas, Founder
SQUARE ONE PREP
Direct: +1.917.705.4460
Toll Free: +1.888.702.3542
Mobile: +1.917.841.6833
Re: Please evaluate my profile for MSc Finance   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2019, 05:44

Please evaluate my profile for MSc Finance

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap