Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: please evaluate my profile, which B school to target [#permalink]
Post graduation from 2007-2009 was MBA in International business.
This was a dual degree course with 4 months in ESCP-EAP Paris.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Post graduation from 2007-2009 was MBA in International business.
This was a dual degree course with 4 months in ESCP-EAP Paris.
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
I see. So you want to do a SECOND MBA??? Why?? What are your goals now? And where do you expect this to bring you? What should this second MBA provide that the first did not?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes i want to do a second MBA. While the first MBA has given me a change in my career (from IT to marketing), along with the required knowledge & learning, i feel second MBA will be more fruitful since the experience of last 3.5 years of sales & marketing has given me hands on experience.
Moreover I intend to do my 2nd MBA from 1 of the top B schools, wherein the learning is driven more by peer interaction, case studies, projects and less of books (which i think i have a fair idea of, since i was the topper of my MBA batch). 2nd MBA will give me a global experience, wider outlook, better opportunities and would put my career on a steeper growth path.
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Okay, now I got your full story and I can start to advise you :).

First of all, you should be aware that having a first MBA puts you at a disadvantage - from the point of view of many schools, the first MBA should have been enough to get you where you want, and if not, it looks strange. In your case it should be easier, because you could convince the AdComs that this four month program was too short really to be considered as a real MBA but that it did begin to help you along the way but you want more.

From what I can see form here, your career of IT then marketing is pretty middle-of-the-road (Although it is nice that you diversified) and if you want to get into top programs, especially as an Indian candidate, you will likely need to break a 720 on your GMAT. And I think schools ranked 20-50 would be about your range.

As for one or two year programs - that is entirely up to you. In the US almost all MBA programs (with a few notable exceptions are two years) in Europe you will have more one-year options.

One final thought: I would suggest clarifying your goals, both for yourself and for the adcoms. It's not enough to say "I want to advance" but you will need to present them a goal of exactly to where and what you would like to advance.

Hope this helps!
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts