GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2018, 07:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please help! ESR Review, retake soon!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Please help! ESR Review, retake soon!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 21:48
Dear All,
I am planning on GMAT retake soon! Need to take one this upcoming 28th and again before May 1 due to application deadline coming up.
Could you please give me any insights and review you may have about my ESR ?

I need to meet an average score of around 680 in applying for business school...I know this is not easy from my score but this is the very last shot I have left.

Some insights from my GMAT exam,
1.IR
I ran out of time on the last 3-4 questions.Thus, guess and move on till the end.
2. Quant
I ran out of time in the later part and skipping around 10 at the end .
3.Verbal
I leave out 5 questions (did not answer)
In the beginning of SC, I did not spot the mistake once I read the sentences, so I kind of go with my ears and I found it's tough for me even the beginning questions.

Ps, I am now a full time study for the gmat..I want to improve my IR and verbal badly. I have enclosed my ESR and mock test scores below.
Thank you!! and all Kudo for reply!
Attachments

File comment: all my scores
scores.JPG
scores.JPG [ 105.22 KiB | Viewed 406 times ]

File comment: ESR
ESR 9 feb.pdf [454.14 KiB]
Downloaded 25 times

To download please login or register as a user

Reaching my Goal Gmat Score #the best is yet to come #believe

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Please help! ESR Review, retake soon!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 14:21
Hi bellabear,

If you're scheduled to take the GMAT in next several days, that Official Score will provide some value information on your current 'ability level.' You have to make sure to answer EVERY question on Test Day (since any questions that you don't get to are 'penalized' - and the penalty is worse than if you had simply gotten those questions wrong). Once you have your Official Score, you should post back here and we can discuss the results.

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
4) When you say that this is your 'last shot', what does that mean exactly? How many times have you taken the Official GMAT? Couldn't you apply to Business School at a later time if that was what was required?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
D
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Please help! ESR Review, retake soon!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 17:59
bellabear

Here are my few cents.
I would attribute your low score to two prime factors:
a. Insufficient application / practice of theory you studied (Did you time yourself while solving problems a
after doing concepts?)
Why do I say this:
1. You spent more than 2 mins on 6 questions in quant and still got them incorrect as per time management in third quarter
2. You got 6 questions incorrect in verbal in first 10 and all these questions are below
medium difficulty levels. The trend is bit optimistic for quant for first two quarters (you can improve
on hard question by subscribing to Gmatclub tests) but am not sure if fatigue / anxiety / time management caught you up later.

I do not know which sources you used for prep, but you definitely need to put ego aside (in
case you have liking for few strong topics and have an urge that you MUST get them correct) and can
not afford to MISS ANY medium / easy questions in first 10. Absolutely vital. You shall always see a couple
of hard questions which will break your momentum and have courage to kiss them good bye at max 2 mins.

We discussed this at length in reason #5 here

b. Nerves / Anxiety:
This may be co-related to above because of lack of practice but see variations in quant and verbal in your mocks.
We get nervous because of various reasons and performance pressure is one of the prime attributes.
Fortunately, in today world, with meditation and if required even consulting general physician doctor on your circle
shall help you in this matter. Do not hesitate to approach / act.
We discussed this in reason #7 and #6 (in case you take mocks on empty stomach) here

All said, with full time in your hands for studies you are better placed than most of working graduates.
I would request you to practice questions in sets of 10-15 to overcome issues in timing and application.
Review your error log and make sure to NOT repeat the same and you shall be good to go. A relevant post
can be found here

Hope this helps! All the best for your retake.

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

GMAT Club Bot
Please help! ESR Review, retake soon! &nbs [#permalink] 26 Mar 2018, 17:59

Please help! ESR Review, retake soon!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, EMPOWERgmatRichC, bb

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap