GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 25 Apr 2018, 03:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please help GMAT in 3 weeks Verbal is not improving.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Please help GMAT in 3 weeks Verbal is not improving. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 21:47
Hello All,

I started my prep about 2 months back and got empowergmat's 3-month subscription, am done with all the concepts but my verbal scores are not improving. Am taking gmat prep exam pack 1&2.
590(Q44,V27)
610(Q47,V27)
600(Q48,V25)
Is it possible to improve to V38-40 in next 3 week, please suggest anything I can do now to get the overall score of 700?

Would really appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thanks
EMPOWERgmat Discount CodesJamboree Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
D
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: Please help GMAT in 3 weeks Verbal is not improving. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 14:01
Hi arpshriv,

GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Assuming a similar 'swing' in how your CATs function, these 3 CAT score results show that you essentially performed the same each time (about 600 +/- a few points). Thus, it appears that regardless of what you've studied/learned, you continue to 'respond' to the Tests in the same general ways. Have you filled out a Mistake Tracker/CAT Analyzer for each of these CATs? If you email me the most recent one, then I'll be happy to review it for you and determine what you'll need to work on to improve.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Please help GMAT in 3 weeks Verbal is not improving. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 14:43
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi arpshriv,

GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Assuming a similar 'swing' in how your CATs function, these 3 CAT score results show that you essentially performed the same each time (about 600 +/- a few points). Thus, it appears that regardless of what you've studied/learned, you continue to 'respond' to the Tests in the same general ways. Have you filled out a Mistake Tracker/CAT Analyzer for each of these CATs? If you email me the most recent one, then I'll be happy to review it for you and determine what you'll need to work on to improve.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Thanks Rich I will send in my analysis today, it will be really helpful if you can help me course correct, and what I can do to improve in remaining 3 weeks to get the target score.
Re: Please help GMAT in 3 weeks Verbal is not improving.   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2017, 14:43

Please help GMAT in 3 weeks Verbal is not improving.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap