Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Please Help!! Really disappointed and upset with my score of 600 [#permalink]
EducationAisle wrote:
Guess you missed attaching the ESR.

It's not letting me attach any file on the post. If you can provide me an email id and I email you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Please Help!! Really disappointed and upset with my score of 600 [#permalink]
minku1016 wrote:
I am sorry you got a 600 on the test day :/? Is this your first time taking the real test? I took my first real GMAT exam last month and scored 90 points below what I got from the full GMATPrep test I took three days prior to. It could be the nerves that got you. I would re-sign up for the test and retake it in a month or two.

You're definitely capable of scoring in the 700s. Luck alone cannot get you 680 and 710 in the practice tests you had taken it.

P.S. - Do you think the shorter test could have impacted your performance?

I dont think that shorter version of the test had any impact on my score. In fact, It actually helped as now you need to concentrate for a lesser time.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1084 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
sakiv05 wrote:
I dont think that shorter version of the test had any impact on my score. In fact, It actually helped as now you need to concentrate for a lesser time.

In new GMAT, all the experimental questions have been taken out. So every question you skip or answer wrong, has an impact on your score. I think this idea itself is scary!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
saswata4s wrote:
sakiv05 wrote:

In new GMAT, all the experimental questions have been taken out. So every question you skip or answer wrong, has an impact on your score. I think this idea itself is scary!

Yes, but if you think vice versa, the experimental questions you spent extra minute or two could have impacted the real questions in the previous format. According to GMAT, scoring algorithm isn't impacted so even though idea itself is scary but i don't think it has any impact other than timing/pacing...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sakiv05,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day didn't go as well as planned. When these types of score drops occur, the two likely "causes" involve either something that was unrealistic during practice or something that was surprising (or not accounted for) on Test Day. If you can answer a few questions, then we should be able to figure this out:

When you took your CATs:
1) Did you take the ENTIRE CAT each time (including the Essay and IR sections)?
2) Did you take them at home?
3) Did you take them at the same time of day as when you plan to take your Official GMAT?
4) Did you ever do ANYTHING during your CATs that you couldn't do on Test Day (pause the CAT, skip sections, take longer breaks, etc.)?
5) Did you ever take a CAT more than once? Had you seen any of the questions BEFORE (re: on a prior CAT, in an online forum or in a practice set)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot