It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 03:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please help with a strategy and study routine

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Please help with a strategy and study routine [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 08:56
Hi All

This post is to seek suggestions on a strategy and study plan to boost me upto to get a 700+ score.

I work a full time job at a consulting firm and I've been doing this for the past two and half years. I have some work ex before that as well. I'm looking to take the GMAT once again around mid-november or later (depending on when i feel most comfortable). I took the GMAT twice last year and i got the below scores -
November 2016 - 640 - Q44 V34
December 2016 - 580 - Q46 V24

Admittedly, these scores are poor and doesn't add up to my target of getting a 700+ score. In my previous two attempts, the first one was, to be honest, with minimal preparation. Somehow, i came out feeling alright about myself since it was my first try and there was clear lack of prep. Wanting to keep the momentum going, i decided to take another exam as soon as possible. This time i put in more time studying and practised more questions. I completed OG 2015 and did some studying from CrackVerbal guides. I took a few random tests (don't remember which) but got varying results (580/640/720/620). I did some of my own calculations of projected scores through scorecards on the internet and predicted my scores through quizzes as well. I maintained an error log to keep track of what i was doing wrong. I took 4 days off from work before i took the exam. And yet ! i found myself horrified to see that my score had hit bottom. I came out of the exam disheartened, realising that i panicked during the exam, froze up, overthought on verbal, felt hungry and lost time and the works.Nothing seemed to have gone my way. As a result of this let down, i put focus back to work, completed a certification the next month and dove into project work, where i had just started working on some rewarding projects, all but forgetting about my GMAT, trying to tell myself i didn't really do that bad, hiding my second score from my friends. I was ashamed about my score and was ashamed about being ashamed (Feedback loop from hell)

In full disclosure, my GMAT Prep score that i had taken earlier in Sep 2016 and as long back as October 2015, were low, 580/560. I had planned on taking the GMAT in October 2015 but due to absolute lack of prep, i didn't even carry the right ID and wasn't allowed to sit for my exam. In June 2015, i had taken classes at CrackVerbal along with some buddies, albeit lacking seriousness.

So that is the whole saga in short :). While i want to shrug off my past scores by calling them a result of lack of seriousness or panic, i know there is some major gap and some real work to be done to achieve my goal. This time around, i am much more serious about the affair and am looking to buy some online tests to be a lot more practised before i take the exam. I want to improve my confidence and focus to take the exam by mid november.

Keenly hoping to hear from this community to get advice , motivation and direction. I've always come to read on here but never joined until now.

Please help !

Thanks in advance

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 96

Reviews Badge
Re: Please help with a strategy and study routine [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 10:05
Hi SasukeUchiha87!

I would suggest to get gmatprep mock test. You can get it from here: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exa ... tware.aspx

Once you're done with the mock test, you'll see score analysis for each section. You can upload screenshots here. The strategy to get 700+ depends on improving lowest score sections.

Cheers!

+1 Kudos is the best way to say "Thank you!"

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 96

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Please help with a strategy and study routine [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 11:35
Hi Masshole,

I have taken the GMAT Prep test before and am looking for alternate test pack. Would you be able to suggest the best packs. I don't have a a big budget unfortunately.

Thanks

Re: Please help with a strategy and study routine   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2017, 11:35

Please help with a strategy and study routine

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap