GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2019, 06:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please review and rate my essay

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Please review and rate my essay  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2018, 01:43
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Young people enjoy life more than older people.
Use specific reasons and example to support your answer

I do agree with the statement that young people enjoy life more than older people. In my opinion, young people or young adults have so much more to explore in their life and are much more curious about what life has to offer them. They are enthusiastic and energetic and try to live their life as fully as possible. I feel this way for two main reasons which I will elaborate in the subsequent paragraphs.
To begin with, young people are physically more fit than the older people which works in their advantage of exploring the different corporeal aspects of life. For example, if a person wants to indulge in some adventure sports like bungee jumping, which is a very enthralling experience, he/she can easily do that if they are young and will not be restricted by health issues which are likely to be associated with old age. Furthermore, if a person enjoys physically daunting tasks like trekking, he/she are more likely to perform them with an ease and without having to ponder too much about their health which an old person might have to do.
Secondly, young people are generally more free-spirited and spontaneous about life than older people. To elaborate, say, if a person has an impulse to go on a trip, it is more likely that if he/she is young and enthusiastic, they might plan this trip in a short time, with minimal baggage, and enjoy this trip without any worry. Whereas, if an old person wants to go somewhere, he/she has to plan it for days and will usually have a lot of stuff to carry for their comfort and health which will restrict them and the people going with them. In addition, they might have to take a family member or relative for support while no such obligations apply for a young person.
In conclusion, I reckon that young people enjoy life more than adults. This is because young people are physically more fit and are more spontaneous in life than the older people.
GMAT Club Bot
Please review and rate my essay   [#permalink] 29 Apr 2018, 01:43

Please review and rate my essay

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass