GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 20:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please review and rate my essay. Thank you!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Please review and rate my essay. Thank you!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 15 Feb 2018, 13:01
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never judge a person by external appearances. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Exterior aspect has always been an important matter for human beings. Beauty, mood, clothes and other ornaments that people use, can be a reason for prejudgment. I agree that no one should be judged by external appearances. In the next essay I will give arguments that supports this statement.

To start with, I am against to those who consider that the clothes make the man. Unfortunately, financial equality is not a characteristic of our live. There are rich people who can afford luxurious items, and person who can barely survive to daily life. Having a big fortune does not mean that rich guys possess a good soul or behavior. Most of the times, they are selfish, arrogant and treat the others with superiority. When I was in college, I went out with my friend and her wealthy acquaintances. One sweet girl told her car was broken and that she had to go to work by tram. You could have noticed in her voice that she considered means of public transport something beyond her status. Since I have no personal car it made me feel uncomfortable and I have never gone out with them once again. I am sure that this attitude might not be available for all the moneyed individuals, but for sure this is good example that things are not always what they seem to be.

Secondly, somebody can be misjudged because of her/his personality. There are people who are like an open book and expose their feelings. On the other hand, some individuals have a poker face. Those from the latter category are perceived as being cold and insensitive. In high school I had a music professor, and during four years I had never seen him smiling. He was always austere, severe, giving the impression of a serial killer. A few years after graduating high school, I had the chance to meet him in a friendly environment. This time I saw him smiling, joking, having a normal behavior and being a pleasant person. I dared to ask him why he was so different in the class and he said that it is a way to make students respect and listen to you.

These being said I strongly believe that each of us should be more careful when deciding about someones personality, based only on external aspect.

Originally posted by Elenacristina on 22 Jan 2018, 03:38.
Last edited by Elenacristina on 15 Feb 2018, 13:01, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Re: Please review and rate my essay. Thank you!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2018, 04:33
Elenacristina wrote:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never judge a person by external appearances. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Exterior aspect has always been an important matter for humans beings. Beauty, mood, clothes and other ornaments that people use, can be a reason for prejudgment. I agree that no one should be judged by external appearances. In the next essay I will give arguments that supports this statement.

To start with, I am against to those who consider that the clothes make the man. Unfortunately, financial equality is not a characteristic of our live. There are rich people who can afford luxurious items, and person who can barely survivor to daily life. Having a big fortune does not mean that rich guys possess a good soul or behavior. Most of times, they are selfish, arrogant and treat the others with superiority. When I was in college, I went out with my friend and her wealthy acquaintances. One sweet girl said her car was broken and that she had to go to work by tram. You could have noticed in her voice that she considered means of public transport something beyond her status. Since I have no personal car it made me feel uncomfortable and I have never gone out with them once again. I am sure that this attitude might not be available for all the moneyed individuals, but for sure this is good example that things are not always what they seem to be.

Secondly, somebody can be misjudged because of her/his personality. There are people who are like an open book and expose their feelings. On the other hand, some individuals have a poker face. Those from the latter category are perceived as being cold and insensitive. In high school I had a music professor, and during four years I had never seen him smiling. He was always austere, sever giving the impression of a serial killer. A few years after graduating high school, I had the chance to meet him in an friendly environment. This time I saw him smiling, joking, having a normal behavior and being a pleasant person. I dared to ask him why he was so different in the class and he said that it is a way to make students respect and listen to you.

These being said I strongly believe that each of us should be more careful when deciding about someones personality, based only on external aspect.

It's straigt A ;-)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Re: Please review and rate my essay. Thank you!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 06:44
Thank you for review!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Please review and rate my essay. Thank you! &nbs [#permalink] 08 Feb 2018, 06:44

Please review and rate my essay. Thank you!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap