Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [1]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 202
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V46
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Please review and rate my essay. Thanks! [#permalink]
Kudos
Elenacristina wrote:
Some movies are serious, designed to make the audience think. Other movies are designed primarily to amuse and entertain. Which type of movie do you prefer?

During the last century, the industry of movies has highly developed, being one of the most spread way of entertainment. People around the world watch daily films from all categories such as dramas, comedies, thrillers, horror and psychological ones. I do not have a favorite type of screening, I enjoy both series movies and amusing ones, depending on my mood. In the next essay, I will expose my arguments regarding my statement.

To start with, when me and my friends come along, usually we choose to watch something funny. It is a method to have good time together, without spending too much money. Sometimes we go the cinema, other times we gather to one's place. I like to laugh when I am surrounded by family and friends, so comedies are the best choices. I consider that after five days at work, it is the best way to relax, to throw away the stress and pressure accumulated during the week. Two months ago, I invited my friends at home and watched "The Hangover". We cooked popcorn, order pizza and have a cheerfully evening.

On the other hand, I like following screenplays that are inspired from real stories and history. There are thousands of unbelievable situations that some persons lived. I have grown in a normal habitat, where most of my acquaintances did not encountered with dramatic scenes. Watching these made me realize that there are individuals out there who need help, support and that the world is not that safe as I thought. These films made be more emphatic, sympathetic, rational and prepared me for
some scenarios that might occur in my life too. I watched a movie about trafficked women. The biggest surprise was that horrifying trade was happening in my country too. I was not aware that around me there were girls who were forced into prostitution. After seeing this I join a campaign for protecting women rights.

As a result, I can say that I do not have a favorite type of movie. I strongly believe that each individual should watch all kind of films, in order to open their horizons, because no matter what subject is debated, generally subliminal messages are sent towards us.

Hey! As mentioned above, good essay. I would also suggest choosing one standpoint and presenting arguments to support it. Generally, with TOEFL , you need to write lots and lots of essays so that when the time comes, you write it practically automatically. You don't even have to think about the structure, it should come naturally to you. On the exam day, you become so nervous that it comes quite handy if you know what you will write and where you wanna go with it right from the start! Good luck!

------------------------------------

Kudos for appreciation :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello!

Thank you for your reply! I will take into consideration your suggestions.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4380 posts