GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 May 2019, 04:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please review my profile

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2017
Posts: 6
Location: India
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Please review my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2017, 10:21
B.E Mechanical University of Mumbai 2015 61% 1st class ( topper with 75%)
HSC (Class-XII) State Board 2010 60.33% 1st class
SSC (Class-X) State Board HOLY FAMILY CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL 2008 80.61% Distinction

Currently working with Mati Corporation Pvt.Ltd (on contract with Mahanagar Gas Limited ) as GI ENGINEER, since May 2016.
1. Undertook responsibilities of supervising laying of cooking gas pipeline in the residential complex in Mumbai.
2. Drafted the layout of the pipeline on AUTOCAD.
3. Worked as ACT IN PROJECT MANAGER in his absence for a brief duration.
4. Managed the WAREHOUSE during the project period.
Worked at BHARAT COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (formerly LAIT MS&R ) as ASSISTANT PROFESSOR from June 2015 to April 2016.
1. Taught MECHANICAL ENGINEERING subjects like PRODUCTION PROCESSES
2. Was the In college EXAM INCHARGE undertaking the responsibilities of conducting exams for the students.
3. Guided the students during the planning qnd execution phase of TECHNOSTORM 2016 ( a Remote Controlled Car Race Competition organised in college campus).

EXTRACURRICULAR:
Ÿ Worked as Project Manager in the absence of the same with Mati Corporation Pvt Ltd. ( Registered Mahanagar Gas limited Contractor).
Ÿ Undertook various student oriented initiatives at Bharat College of Engineering, Badlapur ( Technostorm 2016 ).
Ÿ Worked as Sales Executive with Elastomer Lining Works, mumbai
Ÿ Member of MESA, LAIT MS&R.
Ÿ Member of SAE BAJA 2012.
Ÿ Member of SAE Collegiate Club LAIT MS&R.
Languages spoken : hindi marathi german sindhi english.
Career goal : work with one of the best investment banks in the merger and acquisition/ equity market / investment consultation.

I would like to know if this profile is good enough to apply for mba programs or should i think of MiM ??
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 385
Re: Please review my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2017, 13:11
Hi there - thanks for writing! Have you taken the GMAT or GRE? Also, since you're looking to switch into banking - do you do any finance/analytical work in your current role? AdComs will want to know what your transferrable skills are and also, what motivates you to pursue a career in banking.


Bhave07 wrote:
B.E Mechanical University of Mumbai 2015 61% 1st class ( topper with 75%)
HSC (Class-XII) State Board 2010 60.33% 1st class
SSC (Class-X) State Board HOLY FAMILY CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL 2008 80.61% Distinction

Currently working with Mati Corporation Pvt.Ltd (on contract with Mahanagar Gas Limited ) as GI ENGINEER, since May 2016.
1. Undertook responsibilities of supervising laying of cooking gas pipeline in the residential complex in Mumbai.
2. Drafted the layout of the pipeline on AUTOCAD.
3. Worked as ACT IN PROJECT MANAGER in his absence for a brief duration.
4. Managed the WAREHOUSE during the project period.
Worked at BHARAT COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (formerly LAIT MS&R ) as ASSISTANT PROFESSOR from June 2015 to April 2016.
1. Taught MECHANICAL ENGINEERING subjects like PRODUCTION PROCESSES
2. Was the In college EXAM INCHARGE undertaking the responsibilities of conducting exams for the students.
3. Guided the students during the planning qnd execution phase of TECHNOSTORM 2016 ( a Remote Controlled Car Race Competition organised in college campus).

EXTRACURRICULAR:
Ÿ Worked as Project Manager in the absence of the same with Mati Corporation Pvt Ltd. ( Registered Mahanagar Gas limited Contractor).
Ÿ Undertook various student oriented initiatives at Bharat College of Engineering, Badlapur ( Technostorm 2016 ).
Ÿ Worked as Sales Executive with Elastomer Lining Works, mumbai
Ÿ Member of MESA, LAIT MS&R.
Ÿ Member of SAE BAJA 2012.
Ÿ Member of SAE Collegiate Club LAIT MS&R.
Languages spoken : hindi marathi german sindhi english.
Career goal : work with one of the best investment banks in the merger and acquisition/ equity market / investment consultation.

I would like to know if this profile is good enough to apply for mba programs or should i think of MiM ??

_________________
Nisha Trivedi
mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2017
Posts: 6
Location: India
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Re: Please review my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2017, 21:04
No I'm yet to take GMAT,by sept mid.
And no i do not have a role in finance or analytics, yet i wish to learn the nuances of this field and work in the same. Im keen about the roles and responsibilities a banker holds and how the banks work. I have been following articles and reports and they immersed me all the more into taking up a job pertaining to a role which undertakes such a demanding work. For this i need a professional course to learn the skills required for it.
Staying calm and making decisions is one of my abilities i can bank upon
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2017
Posts: 6
Location: India
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Re: Please review my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2017, 21:06
mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi there - thanks for writing! Have you taken the GMAT or GRE? Also, since you're looking to switch into banking - do you do any finance/analytical work in your current role? AdComs will want to know what your transferrable skills are and also, what motivates you to pursue a career in banking.


Bhave07 wrote:
B.E Mechanical University of Mumbai 2015 61% 1st class ( topper with 75%)
HSC (Class-XII) State Board 2010 60.33% 1st class
SSC (Class-X) State Board HOLY FAMILY CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL 2008 80.61% Distinction

Currently working with Mati Corporation Pvt.Ltd (on contract with Mahanagar Gas Limited ) as GI ENGINEER, since May 2016.
1. Undertook responsibilities of supervising laying of cooking gas pipeline in the residential complex in Mumbai.
2. Drafted the layout of the pipeline on AUTOCAD.
3. Worked as ACT IN PROJECT MANAGER in his absence for a brief duration.
4. Managed the WAREHOUSE during the project period.
Worked at BHARAT COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (formerly LAIT MS&R ) as ASSISTANT PROFESSOR from June 2015 to April 2016.
1. Taught MECHANICAL ENGINEERING subjects like PRODUCTION PROCESSES
2. Was the In college EXAM INCHARGE undertaking the responsibilities of conducting exams for the students.
3. Guided the students during the planning qnd execution phase of TECHNOSTORM 2016 ( a Remote Controlled Car Race Competition organised in college campus).

EXTRACURRICULAR:
Ÿ Worked as Project Manager in the absence of the same with Mati Corporation Pvt Ltd. ( Registered Mahanagar Gas limited Contractor).
Ÿ Undertook various student oriented initiatives at Bharat College of Engineering, Badlapur ( Technostorm 2016 ).
Ÿ Worked as Sales Executive with Elastomer Lining Works, mumbai
Ÿ Member of MESA, LAIT MS&R.
Ÿ Member of SAE BAJA 2012.
Ÿ Member of SAE Collegiate Club LAIT MS&R.
Languages spoken : hindi marathi german sindhi english.
Career goal : work with one of the best investment banks in the merger and acquisition/ equity market / investment consultation.

I would like to know if this profile is good enough to apply for mba programs or should i think of MiM ??

No I'm yet to take GMAT,by sept mid.
And no i do not have a role in finance or analytics, yet i wish to learn the nuances of this field and work in the same. Im keen about the roles and responsibilities a banker holds and how the banks work. I have been following articles and reports and they immersed me all the more into taking up a job pertaining to a role which undertakes such a demanding work. For this i need a professional course to learn the skills required for it.
Staying calm and making decisions is one of my abilities i can bank upon.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 385
Re: Please review my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 11:45
Thank you for your response! Investment banking is a very competitive field, so it would be important to show some transferrable skills. Are there any additional responsibilities that you can take on at work that are finance-related? If not, you might want to consider other career paths that interest you for which your current roles have given you skills you can transfer to a post-MBA role. Also, getting a high GMAT score (730+) would be important not only for being competitive for the schools but also, for the banking recruitment process (banks have been known to ask for GMAT scores).

I hope this helps a bit! If you want to discuss your profile in more detail, I recommend signing up for a free consultation here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?dis ... admissions


Bhave07 wrote:
mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi there - thanks for writing! Have you taken the GMAT or GRE? Also, since you're looking to switch into banking - do you do any finance/analytical work in your current role? AdComs will want to know what your transferrable skills are and also, what motivates you to pursue a career in banking.


Bhave07 wrote:
B.E Mechanical University of Mumbai 2015 61% 1st class ( topper with 75%)
HSC (Class-XII) State Board 2010 60.33% 1st class
SSC (Class-X) State Board HOLY FAMILY CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL 2008 80.61% Distinction

Currently working with Mati Corporation Pvt.Ltd (on contract with Mahanagar Gas Limited ) as GI ENGINEER, since May 2016.
1. Undertook responsibilities of supervising laying of cooking gas pipeline in the residential complex in Mumbai.
2. Drafted the layout of the pipeline on AUTOCAD.
3. Worked as ACT IN PROJECT MANAGER in his absence for a brief duration.
4. Managed the WAREHOUSE during the project period.
Worked at BHARAT COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (formerly LAIT MS&R ) as ASSISTANT PROFESSOR from June 2015 to April 2016.
1. Taught MECHANICAL ENGINEERING subjects like PRODUCTION PROCESSES
2. Was the In college EXAM INCHARGE undertaking the responsibilities of conducting exams for the students.
3. Guided the students during the planning qnd execution phase of TECHNOSTORM 2016 ( a Remote Controlled Car Race Competition organised in college campus).

EXTRACURRICULAR:
Ÿ Worked as Project Manager in the absence of the same with Mati Corporation Pvt Ltd. ( Registered Mahanagar Gas limited Contractor).
Ÿ Undertook various student oriented initiatives at Bharat College of Engineering, Badlapur ( Technostorm 2016 ).
Ÿ Worked as Sales Executive with Elastomer Lining Works, mumbai
Ÿ Member of MESA, LAIT MS&R.
Ÿ Member of SAE BAJA 2012.
Ÿ Member of SAE Collegiate Club LAIT MS&R.
Languages spoken : hindi marathi german sindhi english.
Career goal : work with one of the best investment banks in the merger and acquisition/ equity market / investment consultation.

I would like to know if this profile is good enough to apply for mba programs or should i think of MiM ??

No I'm yet to take GMAT,by sept mid.
And no i do not have a role in finance or analytics, yet i wish to learn the nuances of this field and work in the same. Im keen about the roles and responsibilities a banker holds and how the banks work. I have been following articles and reports and they immersed me all the more into taking up a job pertaining to a role which undertakes such a demanding work. For this i need a professional course to learn the skills required for it.
Staying calm and making decisions is one of my abilities i can bank upon.

_________________
Nisha Trivedi
mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Please review my profile

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.