Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 18:37 It is currently 10 May 2024, 18:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Please review my profile [#permalink]
mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi there - thanks for writing! Have you taken the GMAT or GRE? Also, since you're looking to switch into banking - do you do any finance/analytical work in your current role? AdComs will want to know what your transferrable skills are and also, what motivates you to pursue a career in banking.

Bhave07 wrote:
B.E Mechanical University of Mumbai 2015 61% 1st class ( topper with 75%)
HSC (Class-XII) State Board 2010 60.33% 1st class
SSC (Class-X) State Board HOLY FAMILY CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL 2008 80.61% Distinction

Currently working with Mati Corporation Pvt.Ltd (on contract with Mahanagar Gas Limited ) as GI ENGINEER, since May 2016.
1. Undertook responsibilities of supervising laying of cooking gas pipeline in the residential complex in Mumbai.
2. Drafted the layout of the pipeline on AUTOCAD.
3. Worked as ACT IN PROJECT MANAGER in his absence for a brief duration.
4. Managed the WAREHOUSE during the project period.
Worked at BHARAT COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (formerly LAIT MS&R ) as ASSISTANT PROFESSOR from June 2015 to April 2016.
1. Taught MECHANICAL ENGINEERING subjects like PRODUCTION PROCESSES
2. Was the In college EXAM INCHARGE undertaking the responsibilities of conducting exams for the students.
3. Guided the students during the planning qnd execution phase of TECHNOSTORM 2016 ( a Remote Controlled Car Race Competition organised in college campus).

EXTRACURRICULAR:
Ÿ Worked as Project Manager in the absence of the same with Mati Corporation Pvt Ltd. ( Registered Mahanagar Gas limited Contractor).
Ÿ Undertook various student oriented initiatives at Bharat College of Engineering, Badlapur ( Technostorm 2016 ).
Ÿ Worked as Sales Executive with Elastomer Lining Works, mumbai
Ÿ Member of MESA, LAIT MS&R.
Ÿ Member of SAE BAJA 2012.
Ÿ Member of SAE Collegiate Club LAIT MS&R.
Languages spoken : hindi marathi german sindhi english.
Career goal : work with one of the best investment banks in the merger and acquisition/ equity market / investment consultation.

I would like to know if this profile is good enough to apply for mba programs or should i think of MiM ??

No I'm yet to take GMAT,by sept mid.
And no i do not have a role in finance or analytics, yet i wish to learn the nuances of this field and work in the same. Im keen about the roles and responsibilities a banker holds and how the banks work. I have been following articles and reports and they immersed me all the more into taking up a job pertaining to a role which undertakes such a demanding work. For this i need a professional course to learn the skills required for it.
Staying calm and making decisions is one of my abilities i can bank upon.
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Please review my profile [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you for your response! Investment banking is a very competitive field, so it would be important to show some transferrable skills. Are there any additional responsibilities that you can take on at work that are finance-related? If not, you might want to consider other career paths that interest you for which your current roles have given you skills you can transfer to a post-MBA role. Also, getting a high GMAT score (730+) would be important not only for being competitive for the schools but also, for the banking recruitment process (banks have been known to ask for GMAT scores).

I hope this helps a bit! If you want to discuss your profile in more detail, I recommend signing up for a free consultation here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?dis ... admissions

Bhave07 wrote:
mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi there - thanks for writing! Have you taken the GMAT or GRE? Also, since you're looking to switch into banking - do you do any finance/analytical work in your current role? AdComs will want to know what your transferrable skills are and also, what motivates you to pursue a career in banking.

Bhave07 wrote:
B.E Mechanical University of Mumbai 2015 61% 1st class ( topper with 75%)
HSC (Class-XII) State Board 2010 60.33% 1st class
SSC (Class-X) State Board HOLY FAMILY CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL 2008 80.61% Distinction

Currently working with Mati Corporation Pvt.Ltd (on contract with Mahanagar Gas Limited ) as GI ENGINEER, since May 2016.
1. Undertook responsibilities of supervising laying of cooking gas pipeline in the residential complex in Mumbai.
2. Drafted the layout of the pipeline on AUTOCAD.
3. Worked as ACT IN PROJECT MANAGER in his absence for a brief duration.
4. Managed the WAREHOUSE during the project period.
Worked at BHARAT COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (formerly LAIT MS&R ) as ASSISTANT PROFESSOR from June 2015 to April 2016.
1. Taught MECHANICAL ENGINEERING subjects like PRODUCTION PROCESSES
2. Was the In college EXAM INCHARGE undertaking the responsibilities of conducting exams for the students.
3. Guided the students during the planning qnd execution phase of TECHNOSTORM 2016 ( a Remote Controlled Car Race Competition organised in college campus).

EXTRACURRICULAR:
Ÿ Worked as Project Manager in the absence of the same with Mati Corporation Pvt Ltd. ( Registered Mahanagar Gas limited Contractor).
Ÿ Undertook various student oriented initiatives at Bharat College of Engineering, Badlapur ( Technostorm 2016 ).
Ÿ Worked as Sales Executive with Elastomer Lining Works, mumbai
Ÿ Member of MESA, LAIT MS&R.
Ÿ Member of SAE BAJA 2012.
Ÿ Member of SAE Collegiate Club LAIT MS&R.
Languages spoken : hindi marathi german sindhi english.
Career goal : work with one of the best investment banks in the merger and acquisition/ equity market / investment consultation.

I would like to know if this profile is good enough to apply for mba programs or should i think of MiM ??

No I'm yet to take GMAT,by sept mid.
And no i do not have a role in finance or analytics, yet i wish to learn the nuances of this field and work in the same. Im keen about the roles and responsibilities a banker holds and how the banks work. I have been following articles and reports and they immersed me all the more into taking up a job pertaining to a role which undertakes such a demanding work. For this i need a professional course to learn the skills required for it.
Staying calm and making decisions is one of my abilities i can bank upon.
Moderator:
1455 posts