Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [2]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
Tuck School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 330 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Stanford (in), Tuck (WL), Wharton (ding), Cornell (in)
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Re: Please, suggestions [#permalink]
I am in a similar situation like you. I have taken GMAT Prep Test 1 several times, so my score jumped from 660, 710 to 770. I am saving my GMAT Prep 2 for final 2 weeks before the exam. I tried MGMAT CAT and got 660 and everyone MGMAT CAT verbals are no way like the real one.

I dont know what else to try now to see where I stand. I am going to try Kaplan, 800score or other tests.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
shalva wrote:
The following is strictly my opinion and doesn't pretend to be anywhere near the truth :)

Nevertheless,

800score - These test are far from official thing. They may be difficult, but the problem is, question types are very unGMATlike (especially Quant section)

Manhattan GMAT Cats - These are the best CATs out there on the market apart from GAMTPrep CATs. I consider them bit tougher than real thing. Quant section is sometimes simply brutal. On the other hand, that's the kind of training you really need. For me personally, MGMAT CAT scores where on average 10-20 points higher than the score I got on exam (maybe that was simply matter of exam stress)

GMAT Club Tests - Not CAT, so i don't think it could be directly compared to exam.

So MGMAT CATs can really be a good approximation for exam, bu tnot 80score or Gmatclub tests

Is the verbal any good in 800score? I'd like to try it out. The Math section however is very difficult....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
I tried platinumgmat test today and got 650-660. They give you a range not the exact score. Q(47, 49) and V(31-33). I was surprised with the quality of the questions, it was much better than I expected.

also i has a link that you can send it to other to get feedback about your score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
I think that The Verbal section of 800.score tests is quite easy, at least for the final score and percentile it gives you. I wouldn't recommend to consider it as an aproximation of the real verbal thing.
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
If you're not having trouble with the GMATClub Test in terms of time and difficulty, then you should be fine for quant. I agree with shalva; GMATPrep and Manhattan have the best CAT's, in that order. Everything else is a step down in quality. Too many members have complained about the 800score resources. I don't recommend them. It would be better to reinstall the GMATPrep and use that instead.

While not official GMAT material, the Manhattan verbal section is not far from the actual test.

It's important to remember, though, that the real test will have a number of experimental questions that don't affect your score. The practice CAT's, regardless of the source (Kaplan, Manhattan, etc.) don't have those questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
you allready got good advices.,
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder