Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
FuturePM91 wrote:
asker4ik13 wrote:
bk2018 wrote:

How do you know there are 4 slots?

Sent from my SM-G950U using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hm, consultant firm here in Russia told me this. I am sure that they know situation. Stanford and Harvard have only one slot for Russians. Most of other top-20 schools have 4 slots from which 3 are for consultants. I personally think that it is on average. I mean if there are 5 candidates which are great, they might take one more, but usually there are only 4 Russians for a given year.

I am not sure what consultant you use but I think whoever this is is not very reputable. There is no way for a consultant to know each school’s individual strategy because it changes every single year for every single school. It sounds to me like this consultant is trying to make themselves sound more knowledgeable or “in the know” than others to get your business. If they did have this insider knowledge I would question their integrity and I’m fairly certain other consultants on the forum would feel the same. I just really think based on your other posts here regarding interviews, number of “slots” for certain demographics, and other things that you are being given bad information.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yeah man, I agree and I never told that it is true. But I think that they have information regarding the number of Russian students for the given year. This statistics is not difficult to calculate since there are few people.

And regarding the interviews it really makes sense. We'll check whether I am right or not within two weeks.

Btw I don't work with consultants so. I just used some networking to gain information.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Send PM
asker4ik13 wrote:

Yeah man, I agree and I never told that it is true. But I think that they have information regarding the number of Russian students for the given year. This statistics is not difficult to calculate since there are few people.

And regarding the interviews it really makes sense. We'll check whether I am right or not within two weeks.

I read on another thread about a well known Russian consultant who is pretty known for lacking integrity in his business......can't remember their name now but I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same person..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
asker4ik13 wrote:

I read on another thread about a well known Russian consultant who is pretty known for lacking integrity in his business......can't remember their name now but I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same person..

Ohh here in Russia business works this way usually :)))) It is called "Russian business". They take your money and give no value instead. That is why I don't work with anyone. But the guy whom I know, he is working for himself like a freelancer and he's actually a very successful consultant. He wouldn't lie to me for sure. So there are two ways here. Either he is right or he doesn't know this himself and just speculates, being sure that he is right. I am sure that a serious person would not blindly devise fantasies. So maybe he's not right for 100% but I strongly believe that there is a lot of truth in his words.
Director
Director
Send PM
asker4ik13 wrote:

Ohh here in Russia business works this way usually :)))) It is called "Russian business". They take your money and give no value instead. That is why I don't work with anyone. But the guy whom I know, he is working alone and he's actually a very successful consultant. Like a consultant freelancer. He wouldn't lie to me for sure. So there are two ways here. Either he is right or he doesn't know this himself and just speculates.

HMMMM that actually sounds EXACTLY like the guy whom others have said is pretty much a fraud....I feel like his last name was really English sounding like Thomas or Tompson or something???...I would seriously consider not listening to him and maybe doing a free hour assessment with a consultant who actually has Ad Com experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Did anyone get an email inviting them to complete an optional financial need-based scholarship application?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Director
Director
Send PM
meridian91 wrote:
Did anyone get an email inviting them to complete an optional financial need-based scholarship application?

Yup
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
asker4ik13 wrote:

Ohh here in Russia business works this way usually :)))) It is called "Russian business". They take your money and give no value instead. That is why I don't work with anyone. But the guy whom I know, he is working alone and he's actually a very successful consultant. Like a consultant freelancer. He wouldn't lie to me for sure. So there are two ways here. Either he is right or he doesn't know this himself and just speculates.

HMMMM that actually sounds EXACTLY like the guy whom others have said is pretty much a fraud....I feel like his last name was really English sounding like Thomas or Tompson or something???...I would seriously consider not listening to him and maybe doing a free hour assessment with a consultant who actually has Ad Com experience.

:lol: :lol: no it's not him, I'm pretty sure. I got pretty strong recommendations for this guy from current students and alumni. And I just spoken with him in a friendly atmosphere. He knew that I would not pay him or would not work with him. He just helped me with advice for free.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
meridian91 wrote:

I thought they automatically consider everyone. Is that only for US applicants? Like the Fafsa or whatever it's called

Manager
Manager
Send PM
bk2018 wrote:
meridian91 wrote:

I thought they automatically consider everyone. Is that only for US applicants? Like the Fafsa or whatever it's called

I did not get an email. So it seems to be for US applicants only.
Director
Director
Send PM
bk2018 wrote:
meridian91 wrote:

FAFSA is an application through the federal government so the school isn't allowed to set their own deadline for it....this seems like something separate...maybe privately funded need based scholarships...not really sure. It could still be US candidates only even if its privately funded.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
meridian91 wrote:

Yup, did you interview yet?

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Send PM
gmathopeful19 wrote:
meridian91 wrote:

I haven't interviewed yet nor have I even gotten my interview assignment yet. I am in the US and I got the email. This leads me to believe that it was sent to all US based applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
gmathopeful19 wrote:
meridian91 wrote:

About to have my interview this Saturday! From everyone’s feedback it sounds like a mass email sent out to applicants.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
meridian91 wrote:
gmathopeful19 wrote:
meridian91 wrote:

About to have my interview this Saturday! From everyone’s feedback it sounds like a mass email sent out to applicants.

I am US based- on campus interview scheduled for next week. I haven’t received that email.

Director
Director
Send PM
US off campus only then?? That wouldn’t make much sense though...

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:

I've already completed my on campus interview, and I am a US based candidate and I received the email.

On the application there is a question "will you be applying for financial aid" to which I selected Yes. I'm assuming that's why I received the email...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
donnamoss wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:

I've already completed my on campus interview, and I am a US based candidate and I received the email.

On the application there is a question "will you be applying for financial aid" to which I selected Yes. I'm assuming that's why I received the email...

U.S. based applicant with completed off-campus interview in late September. Selected "No" on application and received email.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts