Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
amitkumar0703 wrote:
How long generally do alums take to reply? I mailed my interviewer on Sunday morning and he hasn't replied yet. In general is 2-3 days standard, or do people reply within 24 ours?

The mail says that if the alum doesn't reply within a week, then I should contact the school. I don't know if its really common for alums to not reply for a whole week.

Ah, as someone who already have asked this question in this forum, I can tell you with confidence to wait. My alumni connected with me in a week because he was extremely busy with his day job. Be patient, and reach out to the admissions team if you still don't hear from your alumni in a week. Best of luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Is there anyone on here from the US who has NOT gotten their off campus interview assignment yet?...starting to feel like I'm the only one!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
amitkumar0703 wrote:
How long generally do alums take to reply? I mailed my interviewer on Sunday morning and he hasn't replied yet. In general is 2-3 days standard, or do people reply within 24 ours?

The mail says that if the alum doesn't reply within a week, then I should contact the school. I don't know if its really common for alums to not reply for a whole week.

For me it took a week, and the alum I was matched with responded only because I texted. I had sent 2 emails and apparently both went to the spam folder. So if you have an alternative way of contacting, I say you should try it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
From Delhi. Got an invite to interview 3 days ago. Anyone else from Delhi/India?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
Got a skype invite from the ad-come. Assuming and hoping the ad-com has gone through my app? didn't get a waiver (at least not by e-mail). never got an alum interview invite. any insights?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
pg1991 wrote:
From Delhi. Got an invite to interview 3 days ago. Anyone else from Delhi/India?

Did anyone from Delhi with a score less than 760 get an invite yet? I am wondering how they are sorting the applicants. I have read their interview policy for 2 year applicants but i am guessing that high GMAT scores are getting preference. The same happened in Booth as well; most of high GMAT score applicants from India got their invites( as per my inference from clearadmit and gmatclub data).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Whitelie wrote:
pg1991 wrote:

Did anyone from Delhi with a score less than 760 get an invite yet? I am wondering how they are sorting the applicants. I have read their interview policy for 2 year applicants but i am guessing that high GMAT scores are getting preference. The same happened in Booth as well; most of high GMAT score applicants from India got their invites( as per my inference from clearadmit and gmatclub data).

I think that they use advanced neuro networks to weed out the candidates. The first wave are the best not only in the sense of GMAT, but in all aspects. Like GMAT + GPA + location + WE + industry + gender and so on. These best people get initial invites. Then come the people who are somewhat weaker for this particular program. They are waived and then weeded out by the adcom team.

One consultant has told me that with my GPA I can only hope for the super late invite since I am in the bottom of their list and if there are no more strange industry candidates like me I might have a chance for an interview.

I am not telling that it's true. However I strongly believe in this theory. It is logical.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Whitelie wrote:
pg1991 wrote:

I have a 770, and I haven't got an invite yet.
I think location matters. My location is Chennai.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It makes sense considering the plethora of applications that they get.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
M@Arya wrote:
Whitelie wrote:
pg1991 wrote:

I have a 770, and I haven't got an invite yet.
I think location matters. My location is Chennai.

Yeah, location matters but i am guessing that no one from Chennai has gotten their invite yet.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
Whitelie wrote:
pg1991 wrote:

I got an invite. Am from Delhi. But it seems they are out of alumni here so sending out adcom interviews. My GRE score is 330 with a gmat equivalent of 750. Also 1y. Hope it helps

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi
First thing first, my advice to candidates getting an alum interview:
1. Questions: get ready to answer the obvious why questions with why Kellogg the most important. Know what you can contribute and mention you strive to contribute.
Do not practice other questions it's a waste of time their questions bank seems to be wide enough.
2. Connection. Remember, an alumn naturally will like or dislike you based on your communication with him. The answers to the questions I believe are secondary, eventually the alum thinks "would I want this guy to be in my class?". There's no specific advice on how to establish a good connection, it varies from person to person (you and your interviewer) but focus on that. Smile, look interested and curious.
3. Questions. Brings me back to to the previous point - connection. Think about the questions. It's proven that people like talking about themselves, don't be afraid to ask personal questions. It will help leave abetter impression.

4. Other questions I've been asked: if you won't be admitted to any MBA program, what would you do? What makes you unique? Which clubs interest you?

5. Thabk you letter. Send o e! Idk if it's good or that the girl who I terviewed me was just nice but in her response to my thank you email she said please let me know if you got admitted. I tend to believe it's a positive sign but could be just her being nice.

Good luck !

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
I just had my alumni interview in DC. It was super casual, and was conducted at a coffee shop.

He was a very nice person and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. I noticed that he jotted down notes whenever I mentioned something specific about Kellogg's program and what kinds of extra curricular activities I wanted to pursue.

My piece of advise is to know why you want to attend Kellogg, and cite specific examples of why you are choosing Kellogg. Cheers everyone, and best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
asker4ik13 wrote:
Whitelie wrote:
pg1991 wrote:

I think that they use advanced neuro networks to weed out the candidates. The first wave are the best not only in the sense of GMAT, but in all aspects. Like GMAT + GPA + location + WE + industry + gender and so on. These best people get initial invites. Then come the people who are somewhat weaker for this particular program. They are waived and then weeded out by the adcom team.

One consultant has told me that with my GPA I can only hope for the super late invite since I am in the bottom of their list and if there are no more strange industry candidates like me I might have a chance for an interview.

I am not telling that it's true. However I strongly believe in this theory. It is logical.

Its hard to say how they screen applicants but it has to be a result of multiple factors. However, I feel that your theory may be true.

Going over the thread from last year, you can see that most of the people who had interview invites in the first wave, eventually had an admit. This can be because these active candidates are better prepared, but it may also be because of their higher preference overall, by the adcom.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Briefintro111 wrote:
asker4ik13 wrote:
Whitelie wrote:
[quote="pg1991"]From Delhi. Got an invite to interview 3 days ago. Anyone else from Delhi/India?

Its hard to say how they screen applicants but it has to be a result of multiple factors. However, I feel that your theory may be true.

Going over the thread from last year, you can see that most of the people who had interview invites in the first wave, eventually had an admit. This can be because these active candidates are better prepared, but it may also be because of their higher preference overall, by the adcom.[/quote]

It makes sense! The best or most appropriate candidates first and then the other people later. One more example.
Kellogg has 4 slots for Russians for a given year. 3 are for consultants and 1 for everybody else. I mean in my case I compete with everybody else from Russia for this one spot because obviously I am not a consultant. So industry matters as well.

I wish you all good luck. It might be the case that our turn will come later after waivers.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
amitkumar0703 wrote:

If you haven't heard back within 3 days, it'll completely okay to follow up. You just need to word your follow up tactfully. Remember, your interviewer has a day job, many priorities to juggle, and you may be one of many interviewees contacting him/her. S/he is also probably volunteering his/her time. But the good thing is, s/he volunteered to be the interviewer, so s/he generally likes interacting with future Kellogg MBAs.

"Dear XXXX,

Kellogg is my top choice school, and I have done [xxxx so far to learn about the school/interact with other alum]. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to interview with you. Thank you for giving your time to be an alumni interviewer, and interviewing me. I would like to follow on my prior outreach on XXXX, and see if there is a convenient date/time for us to have the interview.

Looking forward to speaking with you,
amitkumar"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
asker4ik13 wrote:
Briefintro111 wrote:
asker4ik13 wrote:
[quote="Whitelie"][quote="pg1991"]From Delhi. Got an invite to interview 3 days ago. Anyone else from Delhi/India?

Going over the thread from last year, you can see that most of the people who had interview invites in the first wave, eventually had an admit. This can be because these active candidates are better prepared, but it may also be because of their higher preference overall, by the adcom.[/quote]

It makes sense! The best or most appropriate candidates first and then the other people later. One more example.
Kellogg has 4 slots for Russians for a given year. 3 are for consultants and 1 for everybody else. I mean in my case I compete with everybody else from Russia for this one spot because obviously I am not a consultant. So industry matters as well.

I wish you all good luck. It might be the case that our turn will come later after waivers.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]
How do you know there are 4 slots?

Sent from my SM-G950U using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts