GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jun 2018, 22:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Power Outage: Will My Score Get Cancelled?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Power Outage: Will My Score Get Cancelled? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2018, 11:33
Hey everyone,

Enjoyed reading threads from this forum. So, wanted to see if anyone could answer my question. I gave my second attempt of the GMAT two weeks ago, previously scoring 720 (Q49, V40, IR6, AWA6), and I was happy to see that I got a 760 (Q50, V42, IR8, AWA which I followed the GMAT club template like last time). I saw a few threads on this forum that GMAC has previously cancelled test takers scores. At my testing center, the power went out 25 minutes into Quant. It took about 40 minutes and then the power came back on. During that time, all the test takers, for whatever exam they were giving since GMAT was not the only test taken there, sat in the common area waiting. When I returned to my computer, the time was more or less the same as I had before. I finished the quant, took a break, finished the verbal, took a break, and finished IR and awa. No problems after that. Thus, does anyone have any insights on the possibility of my test getting cancelled, when I should expect that (if it does), and what is the likelihood that appeal it would work. I am trying to go for a JD/MBA, so I really want to focus on the LSAT and leave the GMAT.

Thanks!

-DBZ2019
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
D
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: Power Outage: Will My Score Get Cancelled? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2018, 23:23
Hi DBZ2019,

Did YOU file any type of complaint about this incident? I assume that with a 760, you did NOT. Based on what you described, since the ENTIRE Computer Lab went down - that 'event' would almost certainly require a more immediate investigation from the people who are in charge of those things (as opposed to the type of investigation that would occur if just one computer went down, for example). As a general rule, the Pearson investigators tend to do their jobs and make their 'rulings' in under a month. If it's really been 2 full weeks - and you have not heard anything yet either way - then I'd suspect that your Score would more likely be validated (since it's likely that all the scores would be given the same ruling - and if they weren't all 'cancelled' at any time in the 2 weeks after the incident, then they would be more likely to all be cleared as Official). That having been said, there isn't really anything that you can do to speed up the process, so you'll just have to wait for an Official announcement. If you find that you just can't wait any longer to find out, then you could call Customer Service and ask.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Re: Power Outage: Will My Score Get Cancelled?   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2018, 23:23

Power Outage: Will My Score Get Cancelled?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR JUNE
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap