GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 May 2019, 00:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Pre-Exam Fail!!!!

post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Pre-Exam Fail!!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 12:53
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help. I am about a week away from my exam (7/27). Ive been putting in an extensive amount of time studying, for the last 1.5 month. I would say somewhere around 8-12 hrs a day pretty much every day. Yesterday I took a practice exam and got a 530, but before that I was between 610-650 consistently. One thing i did notice is that I am feeling worn out by the exam. I inherently started noticing that I did not want to read the CR or was not able to focus on the RC passages during my exam. Whats worse is that I froze up on the first question in Verbal which was a SC that i normally get right. Also even though I thought I was doing well in quant I was picking the wrong answer choices even though I knew how to solve those questions. Im not sure what I should do, I have a week before the exam and i don't want to stop studying and reviewing but I am clearly not motivated at the moment and it shows in my last prep test. My questions are 1) has this happened to anyone before? What was your approach and how did you over come this? 2) Should I reschedule my exam to another time when I am feeling motivated and ready to take this on, like when you start studying for the first time.

P.S. I should mention that I have taken the exam before and I was getting between 610-700, and right before I took the exam the first time I freaked out and ended up with a 460. I truly did not do well and the sub 650 scores are not a true reflection of what I know and the effort I have put in. After the 460 I took a 1-1.5 week break and when i took a Kaplan exam I scored a 650 on the first one. I have been in that rage the whole time until the last two exams, which i scored 570 and 530 on. Please help any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Pre-Exam Fail!!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 13:06
What is your target score?

With only about one week left, there is not much you can do to drastically improve your score. Part of your problem is that you are studying GMAT 8-12 hours a day for almost every day. This is not the best approach to learn the GMAT. I highly doubt that you were productive during all those time. You have to find a balance between studying and resting. GMAT is not a memorization test, instead it is a thinking test. If you are tired before the test, the battle is already lost before it begin. So, if your mock test scores are 50+ points from your target score, then I would suggest you postpone the test and then change the way you prepare the test.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 13:14
My target is 700! And I know I am in the 700 range! I pretty much have exhausted all options for studying quant, SC, CR, and RC. There maybe only minor details i need to button up at this point. I think I am better than my score reflects but clearly I am feeling the burn out. Yes I agree that the last two week of studying I really felt burned out and that clearly showed in my last two exams.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 21:34
This topic is locked for tag abuse and double-posting. Please read GMAT Club Rules and respect others time. Thank you for your cooperation.

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
New! OG2020 Directory !
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Pre-Exam Fail!!!!   [#permalink] 19 Jul 2017, 21:34

Pre-Exam Fail!!!!

post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, bb, EMPOWERgmatRichC

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap