Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Preparation for MS in Management (MiM) [#permalink]
nehasingh1020 wrote:
Aspiring760 wrote:
Hi,

Starting with a bit of introduction, I have a B.E degree with 10 months of experience in an IT MNC. With my limited work experience and inclination towards marketing, logistics and management, I figured a MS in Management would be the way to go.

I have started preparing to the take the GMAT and as suggested in various forums, took the GMATPrep test 1 to identify my base level. I got a 550 with Q44 and V21. What should be my target score with these criteria? What levels should I aspire to be at with 3 months of preparation from now?

Coming back to MS in Management, How is the value of such a program in terms of career growth, return on investment and recruiter perspective? Singapore Management University, IE business school and Frankfurt School of Finance and Management are the current top 3 in my list. What can be the pros and cons of these universities in terms of MiM? Which other universities can I be looking at?

Any suggestions and\or tips would be deeply appreciated and of utmost help. Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

550 is not the score, if you are targeting the top B-Schools. No matter how strong is you profile, try getting a score of 700+. This will give you an added advantage and choice of schools also increases. MiM Programs are good for people with 1-1.5 yrs or work experience. You can find out about the schools here:

Hope this helps.

Hi nehasingh1020,

Thank you for your reply. I understand the importance of a GMAT score of 700+ and have already started preparing for that. I was looking for more clarity on if my choice of program makes sense. In very general terms, what kind of a position does a MiM graduate hope to hold in a company? How is the return of investment factoring in geography, job profile and personal excellence?

Thanks, hope to hear from you soon!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Apologies for a late reply Aspiring760, however this might help applicants with similar questions.

Information on positions, return on investment, job profiles and career growth is highly dependent on your short term goals. There are certain industries that are flourishing in the European region, thus all the above mentioned parametres would be in your favour if you apply to top MiM programs in Europe, considering one of those industries as your short term target. This might not be true for all industries. Similar is the view for MiM programs in other geographies as well.

We would suggest introspecting on your short term goals and then matching it up with the specialization of particular MiM programs. Read more about top MiM programs and related success stories here.
GMAT Club Bot