Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 07:20 It is currently 14 May 2024, 07:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2065 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 778 [0]
Given Kudos: 1577
Send PM
Re: Previous MBA credit disclosure? [#permalink]
I'm curious about what you would do going forward? Would you disclose this information to potential employers? Would this positively affect your candidacy?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AnirudhaS wrote:
I'm curious about what you would do going forward? Would you disclose this information to potential employers? Would this positively affect your candidacy?

I wouldn't disclose it to future employers. I don't think it would positively affect the candidacy however my concern is that not disclosing it may negatively impact it if they only learn of it through a background check or something since they mention to send all transcripts
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 778 [1]
Given Kudos: 1577
Send PM
Kudos
gc901 wrote:
AnirudhaS wrote:

I wouldn't disclose it to future employers. I don't think it would positively affect the candidacy however my concern is that not disclosing it may negatively impact it if they only learn of it through a background check or something since they mention to send all transcripts

very unlikely to find out through background check in my opinion.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2065 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
gc901:

I would let it go across the board. Future employers are absolutely never going to know about it and the school is unlikely to recover it through a background check. It'd one thing if you were enrolled in an in-person program or if this were your bachelor degree. It's not like you failed either. You are just not completing a program you volunteered to attend.

We see tons of subjective situations regarding academic programs and this is definitely one of very low concern. To me (and it sounds like the others as well), you are actually creating way more problems for yourself by bringing it up at this point.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
gc901 wrote:
If I'm looking to switch MBA programs and received an admit to a full-time program while currently enrolled in an online MBA program, should I disclose that I'm currently in the online MBA? The credits wouldn't transfer anyway and it would be starting a new degree entirely. I realized the online experience wasn't worth it for me from a networking point of view and then sought out a full-time program. How should I handle this post-admission offer? The new school has not heard about the current program at this point

Hello gc901,

Hope you're doing well.

Always best to be completely transparent just to avoid any kind of confusion in the future. Besides, your reason for making the move to a full-time MBA makes complete sense.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot