GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 00:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free lesson on number properties

December 10, 2018

December 10, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Practice the one most important Quant section - Integer properties, and rapidly improve your skills.
  • Free GMAT Prep Hour

December 11, 2018

December 11, 2018

09:00 PM EST

10:00 PM EST

Strategies and techniques for approaching featured GMAT topics. December 11 at 9 PM EST.

Problem of accessing E-gmat from Android devices

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Problem of accessing E-gmat from Android devices  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2018, 05:09
Hi everyone,
Is some one facing any issue while accessing E-gmat video files from mobile. Files are playing fine on my laptop while on my mobile(Android) , either video or some time audio is not coming for some files. I have raised this issue with E-gmat support staff 15-20 days ago, after every follow-up I am getting a repeating response that we have identified the problem & will rectify it soon.
I generally study while commuting or in some other leisure time, so cannot use laptop.
This is affecting my schedule,can any one suggest a way out, I am getting tired of egmat support team.
Thanks,
Gaurav

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
e-GMAT Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2018, 09:41
GAURAV1113 - thank you for being a student. I apologize for this issue you are facing. From our internal testing, we have discovered that all files work fine on mobile provided you start them afresh. While starting afresh, all the animations, the audio, the in-place quizzes, and the logic on the result screen works perfectly.

The only issue we have been able to replicate is one in which you "resume" a file rather than start it "afresh". This issue impacts fewer than 20% of the files and we are working actively to fix this. Therefore, I would recommend that you don't "resume" the files, rather than start them afresh. This will ensure that you are able to study un-interruptedly.

What caused this issue?

Every file that we published worked perfectly at the time of release. However, updates to the HTML5 standard have impacted the "resume" functionality in some files.

We do have a fix on the issue and shall be deploying it in near future. However, to ensure uninterrupted learning, make sure that you start files afresh until then.

I hope this helps!!

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2018, 18:40
egmat wrote:
GAURAV1113 - thank you for being a student. I apologize for this issue you are facing. From our internal testing, we have discovered that all files work fine on mobile provided you start them afresh. While starting afresh, all the animations, the audio, the in-place quizzes, and the logic on the result screen works perfectly.

The only issue we have been able to replicate is one in which you "resume" a file rather than start it "afresh". This issue impacts fewer than 20% of the files and we are working actively to fix this. Therefore, I would recommend that you don't "resume" the files, rather than start them afresh. This will ensure that you are able to study un-interruptedly.

What caused this issue?

Every file that we published worked perfectly at the time of release. However, updates to the HTML5 standard have impacted the "resume" functionality in some files.

We do have a fix on the issue and shall be deploying it in near future. However, to ensure uninterrupted learning, make sure that you start files afresh until then.

I hope this helps!!

Regards,

Rajat Sadana
Hi Rajat,
I am sorry to tell you that you are not correct on this one. Same resolution was given by your team also, however it doesn't work. I just tried this solution again, i.e, I tried to start afresh some of the files. However, for one file -module 2.6, I am facing the similar issue. Audio is available but animation & other things are not.
Please try to look in this file, I am sure you will be able to reproduce the issue.
As I mentioned earlier this issue is stretching now from a month. I am sure other students would be facing similar issue. I hope i don't have to struggle any further & egmat team will come with some solution in couple of days.
T&R,
Gaurav

e-GMAT Representative
G
Re: Problem of accessing E-gmat from Android devices  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2018, 21:33
GAURAV1113 - I assume you are talking about SV Application (2.6) file. I just tried the file on my cell phone. I started it afresh and it worked fine. There was no lag. The audio and video were in sync. Are you sure that you are starting the file afresh?

Also, just in the last one week, we had 23K+ sessions on mobile. No one else has complained about SV application file. As a test, can you try accessing this file from another mobile device?

-Rajat

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 01:12
egmat wrote:
GAURAV1113 - I assume you are talking about SV Application (2.6) file. I just tried the file on my cell phone. I started it afresh and it worked fine. There was no lag. The audio and video were in sync. Are you sure that you are starting the file afresh?

Also, just in the last one week, we had 23K+ sessions on mobile. No one else has complained about SV application file. As a test, can you try accessing this file from another mobile device?

-Rajat
Hello Rajat sir,
Sorry for replying late, I was not accessing e-gmat site since your last reply. Today I have faced the similar issue again, module 2.1 of critical reasoning is having problem. Audio is only coming, video is not. I tried to access the same file from different Android device with my login as per your suggestions ,but faced the same problem.
I am not sure how this problem is not reproducing at your end, may be it is not reflecting with your login I'd, but believe me I am not exaggerating any of the problem. I am sure that you will understand my trouble, I just cannot move ahead with next file if I am not done with previous files. Please help.
GAURAV

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 03:01
GAURAV1113 wrote:
egmat wrote:

-Rajat
Hello Rajat sir,
Sorry for replying late, I was not accessing e-gmat site since your last reply. Today I have faced the similar issue again, module 2.1 of critical reasoning is having problem. Audio is only coming, video is not. I tried to access the same file from different Android device with my login as per your suggestions ,but faced the same problem.
I am not sure how this problem is not reproducing at your end, may be it is not reflecting with your login I'd, but believe me I am not exaggerating any of the problem. I am sure that you will understand my trouble, I just cannot move ahead with next file if I am not done with previous files. Please help.
GAURAV

Hi Rajat sir,
Your team is acknowledging that problem still persist. After exchange of 15-16 mails in last one month , I am doubting my decision to take E-gmat subscription, even now your team is insisting that I should access E-gmat content through laptop. As per them ,on weekends I shall stay at home & study on laptop.

23k students doesn't share my problem, I am unsure how others are not having problem ,when your support staff is accepting that problem is not resolved.

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 04:55
GAURAV1113 wrote:
GAURAV1113 wrote:
egmat wrote:

-Rajat
Hello Rajat sir,
GAURAV

Hi Rajat sir,
Your team is acknowledging that problem still persist. After exchange of 15-16 mails in last one month , I am doubting my decision to take E-gmat subscription, even now your team is insisting that I should access E-gmat content through laptop. As per them ,on weekends I shall stay at home & study on laptop.

23k students doesn't share my problem, I am unsure how others are not having problem ,when your support staff is accepting that problem is not resolved.

Hi Rajat sir or e-gmat team,
Can I expect any reply..? Last week I was told problem will be fixed after weekend. Today also I am not able to access the content on my mobile, on weekend I could continue my study on laptop.
Can I get any firm/ honest response about resolution of above written problem.
If glitch is not solvable then can I expect my money back so that I could go with some other prep company..

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Problem of accessing E-gmat from Android devices &nbs [#permalink] 01 Oct 2018, 04:55

Problem of accessing E-gmat from Android devices

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: egmat

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap