Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Prodigy can not pay the approved loan [#permalink]
Nikhil wrote:
surajbhatia09@gmail.com wrote:
Thank you so much for that information. Actually i have already applied to Prodigy though, I am still awaiting the sanction. I was just worried if i will get it or not, since i have to pay the deposit to the school. If i am denied the loan, my deposit might get stuck too, as financing the whole program myself could be problem.

Got it. I think you should parallel check/apply for other options as well.

Yes i am doing that as well, although prodigy and MPower were my main hope for unsecured loan for hefty amount, thats why i was more keen towards the two.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Prodigy can not pay the approved loan [#permalink]
Expert Reply
mgqa surajbhatia09@gmail.com I have heard the following from the Prodigy representative.

Quote:
Hi there. We’re very sorry that some students have experienced challenges with securing a loan, and would like to share more information on Prodigy Finance.

Prodigy Finance has a unique lending model that considers a number of factors when assessing each loan application. This means that an application may be declined for a number of reasons or for a specific combination of factors. If you have any questions about your loan application or how Prodigy Finance works, please email info@prodigyfinance.com and their support team will assist you.

There were many challenges that student loan providers faced in 2020. Although Prodigy Finance experienced funding delays due to the demand for loans, it definitely did provide loans for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 starters. Applications for Fall 2021 loans are now open.

Please do not hesitate to contact Prodigy Finance if you have any concerns. You can find all of their contact details here: https://prodigyfinance.com/contact-us
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
mgqa surajbhatia09@gmail.com I have heard the following from the Prodigy representative.

Quote:
Hi there. We’re very sorry that some students have experienced challenges with securing a loan, and would like to share more information on Prodigy Finance.

Prodigy Finance has a unique lending model that considers a number of factors when assessing each loan application. This means that an application may be declined for a number of reasons or for a specific combination of factors. If you have any questions about your loan application or how Prodigy Finance works, please email info@prodigyfinance.com and their support team will assist you.

There were many challenges that student loan providers faced in 2020. Although Prodigy Finance experienced funding delays due to the demand for loans, it definitely did provide loans for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 starters. Applications for Fall 2021 loans are now open.

Please do not hesitate to contact Prodigy Finance if you have any concerns. You can find all of their contact details here: https://prodigyfinance.com/contact-us

This is somewhat a good information. Thank you Nikhil
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Prodigy latest update is

Your application is still awaiting to be matched to a funding source. This will be done in phases and the schedule is as follows:

Matching Round 1 will take place on or around 15 April 2021.
Matching Round 2 will take place on or around 17 May 2021.
Thereafter, we'll review and match applications to available funding on a weekly basis.

So people starting in spring 2020 i would suggest to look for any other option. Prodigy is uncertain about its funds and also Mpower is not replying to any email.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GPA: 3.43
Send PM
rohitnal wrote:
Prodigy latest update is

Your application is still awaiting to be matched to a funding source. This will be done in phases and the schedule is as follows:

Thereafter, we'll review and match applications to available funding on a weekly basis.

So people starting in spring 2020 i would suggest to look for any other option. Prodigy is uncertain about its funds and also Mpower is not replying to any email.

At what stage are you already with MPower? Oh no.. I thought they would be more reliable now that Prodigy is having problems.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rohitnal wrote:
Prodigy latest update is

If its possible for you, can you share your profile? So that its easy for us to relate to the situation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mgqa wrote:
rohitnal wrote:
Prodigy latest update is

At what stage are you already with MPower? Oh no.. I thought they would be more reliable now that Prodigy is having problems.

Have you started your application with MPower?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
mgqa wrote:
rohitnal wrote:
Prodigy latest update is

I have also reached out to a few in the MPower Finance for a comment. I will revert back here on how it goes :)
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Can you all tell me what questions you have for MPower Finance?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:

Just those, which we all are concerned about,
1. Are they having enough funds? Like i hope they are not declining the loans based on lack of funds.
2. If they are giving out loans, are they open to all markets (countries, courses, etc) or only to certain?
3. Are they following their "Process will take only 5-6 working days to process loans" principle?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:

When will the funding for loans under review will be finalized. They are boosting so much about that they can fund existing and future loans but my application is stuck since 01/21/2021 inspite of providing all documents. Either approval or rejecting is the minimum courtesy so the students dont be in a limbo.

I highly suggest INCRED, credila for student loans. Or any national bank

Intern
Intern
Send PM
rohitnal wrote:
Nikhil wrote:

When will the funding for loans under review will be finalized. They are boosting so much about that they can fund existing and future loans but my application is stuck since 01/21/2021 inspite of providing all documents. Either approval or rejecting is the minimum courtesy so the students dont be in a limbo.

But they dont give enough loan amount without collateral! That is the main issues
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rohitnal wrote:
Nikhil wrote:

But they dont give enough loan amount without collateral! That is the main issues

Well they do they give collateral free upto certain extent. But they can be relied on. I have my incred loan approved and used the same for study visa. No issues anywhere.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Prodigy can not pay the approved loan [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I have pinged MPOWER and here is what I heard back:

1.) Is MPOWER processing loans now?
Yes, MPOWER is accepting loan applications for past, current, and future semesters. This means that students accepted into business programs in December should apply and secure their full program funding from MPOWER.

2.) Is there enough funding or any issues that should be anticipated with funding
We have sufficient funding nor anticipate any issues with our funding sources. We have always and will continue to honor all funding commitments and approvals we make to our students. It is a point of pride that we are a social benefit corporation made up predominantly of international student graduates. Our mission is to remove the financial barriers to make higher education accessible and borderless. Practically, this means we evaluate students for financing based on their future potential which means we never require collateral, cosigner, or a credit history.

3.) What markets/schools are approved?
We support students at a growing list of over 350 universities in the US and Canada. Full list available here: https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/get-a-l ... e-support/

4.) Can MPOWER be used a second loan in addition to local bank or a global company such as Prodigy?
Yes, getting an MPOWER student loan does not preclude a student from accessing additional financing. That means they can use MPOWER in tandem with other financing sources. We offer competitive, fixed interest rates, visa and career support, and students are approved for the full program funding at time of final decision (i.e., an accepted MBA student could find out today how much MPOWER funding they qualify for and secure financing for the next 2 years of their MBA program). Because of these benefits, we often find students choose MPOWER as their preferred lender for those who want to study and stay in North America after graduating.

5.) How long does the process take? Is it 5-6 days as mentioned on the site?
It takes 30 seconds to check your eligibility, 30 minutes to submit an application, and less than 3 days to receive your conditional offer. A final loan approval depends on how fast students verify their application information with documentation. Altogether, yes 5-6 days or sooner as mentioned on our website, particularly if a student needs financing immediately (i.e., for a past balance or current semester).

Nikhil wrote:

Just those, which we all are concerned about,
1. Are they having enough funds? Like i hope they are not declining the loans based on lack of funds.
2. If they are giving out loans, are they open to all markets (countries, courses, etc) or only to certain?
3. Are they following their "Process will take only 5-6 working days to process loans" principle?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
We are also planning to do a YouTube and a couple of chat sessions with MPOWER Finance. I will get back to you all with more details.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Prodigy has approved my loan finally. Fyi my college smiths school of business queens university Canada. My application was hold since october 2020. Am starting my course in may.

The problem with mpower and prodigy is that they have limited funds so they are being very careful on whom to approve loans for the bad part is this will make your approval at the very end not having enough time to apply for visa.

I would suggest applying and confirming with multiple institutions. Now i have a loan with prodigy and Incred. Backups are always important before moving to a completely new country.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
GPA: 3.43
Send PM