GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 14:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Prof. Eval. Req. : Indian/ M/ GMAT 740/ WE 76 Months/ Metal Manufactur

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Prof. Eval. Req. : Indian/ M/ GMAT 740/ WE 76 Months/ Metal Manufactur  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 14:08
Hi,

Thanks for taking time out to review my profile.

Hope to receive your valuable feedback on my profiles suitability for the listed programs.

A. Education :
- M.Tech in Project Engineering and Management from BITS, Pilani under BITSs Work Integrated Learning Program (sponsored by ex. employer)
2013-2015; GPA : 6.76/10.

- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from West Bengal University of Technology.
2007-2011; GPA : 6.85/10.

B. GMAT : 740 (Q49, V42, IR 6, AWA (awaited)) (Dec. '17)

C. WE : 76 Months

Nov. 2015 onwards
One of worlds top 10 steel manufacturing companies, based in India. I'm a Manager (Electrical) with its Engineering Group. Few of my achievements are listed below.
- One of top five performers within the group (strength 60).
- Managed multiple teams of tech. consultants, contractors and suppliers to deliver complete engineering of electrical systems for projects having combined cost of over $500million.
- Proposed value engineering initiatives with combined savings potential of over $2million.
- Performed electrical systems study for one of India's largest greenfield projects.
- Worked in cross-cultural and cross-functional teams, which included participants from China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Singapore, South Africa, UK and USA.
- Prepared tech standards, engineering design docs that are used across the company.
- Mentored two summer interns.
- Taught courses on electrical design engineering to fresh batch of engineering trainees.

Aug. 2011 - Oct. 2015
A renowned Indian transnational consulting engineering firm credited with engineering 1600 grassroot projects in the fields of power generation, transmission and distribution, nuclear power, cement, petrochem, etc.
I was recruited as a Graduate Engineer Trainee in Aug 2011 and was promoted to the post of Design Engineer (Electrical) in Aug 2012. I remained with the company till Oct. 2015. Some of my achievements are listed below.
- Top tier performer for three consecutive years.
- Led a team of three to execute complete electrical design of an integrated cement plant having project cost of $300million.
- Led a team of electrical engineers within cross-functional project group, which designed some of the first alternate fuel processing and feeding systems for the cement industry in India.
- Travelled extensively across India as a technical consultant and advised top technical mangers of clients, contractors and suppliers on various technical aspects of project and design engineering.
- Worked in cross-cultural and cross-functional teams, which included participants from China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Libya, Switzerland, Turkey, South Africa, UAE and Zambia.
- Conducted engineering design for several greenfield and brownfield cement and power projects in India, Syria, Turkey, UAE and Zambia.
- One of four graduate trainees and only one from electrical department to be sponsored for BITS, Pilani conducted M.Tech course in Project Engineering and Management.

D. Additional :
- Society of American Value Engineers (SAVE) certified Value Methodology Associate (VMA).
- ABB certified Substation Design Engineer.
- Vice president of undergrad college general council. Led 20 member team to organize college fests, other events.
- Lead guitarist of undergrad college band.
- Organized and participated in intramural football competitions during undergrad.
- Ran a 10km marathon.
- Along with a colleague, taught engineering design to two young professionals and helped them get placed in reputed engineering firms.

E. Post MBA goals :
Short term - strategy consulting with top management consulting firms or with top tech. companies.

Long term - Entrepreneurial endeavour with focus on strategy consulting for tech firms.

F. Shortlisted MBA programs :
(in order of preference)
INSEAD FT MBA Jan'19 : Stretch (Rd 1)
LBS FT MBA Aug'18 : Stretch (Rd 2)
IMD FT MBA Jan'19 : Stretch (Rd 1)
HEC Paris FT MBA Sep'18 : Competitive (Jan' deadline)
NUS FT MBA Aug'18 : Competitive (Rd 1)
ISB FT MBA '18 : Competitive (Rd 2)

Thanks for going over my profile. Would you be kind enough to assess my candidature for the listed programs.
Is my assessment of schools reasonable?
Do I have a chance at cracking Insead or LBS?
Given my pre MBA WE, do I stand a competitive chance at landing a management consulting role or a tech strategy role, post MBA?

Thanks and sorry for the long post..

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Prof. Eval. Req. : Indian/ M/ GMAT 740/ WE 76 Months/ Metal Manufactur  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 13:20
Hi, and thanks for writing! Given the level of detail provided, I recommend that you sign up for a free 30-minute conversation to review your profile and assess your candidacy for your target schools. You can sign up here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?dis ... admissions

Rchar wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for taking time out to review my profile.

Hope to receive your valuable feedback on my profiles suitability for the listed programs.

A. Education :
- M.Tech in Project Engineering and Management from BITS, Pilani under BITSs Work Integrated Learning Program (sponsored by ex. employer)
2013-2015; GPA : 6.76/10.

- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from West Bengal University of Technology.
2007-2011; GPA : 6.85/10.

B. GMAT : 740 (Q49, V42, IR 6, AWA (awaited)) (Dec. '17)

C. WE : 76 Months

Nov. 2015 onwards
One of worlds top 10 steel manufacturing companies, based in India. I'm a Manager (Electrical) with its Engineering Group. Few of my achievements are listed below.
- One of top five performers within the group (strength 60).
- Managed multiple teams of tech. consultants, contractors and suppliers to deliver complete engineering of electrical systems for projects having combined cost of over $500million.
- Proposed value engineering initiatives with combined savings potential of over $2million.
- Performed electrical systems study for one of India's largest greenfield projects.
- Worked in cross-cultural and cross-functional teams, which included participants from China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Singapore, South Africa, UK and USA.
- Prepared tech standards, engineering design docs that are used across the company.
- Mentored two summer interns.
- Taught courses on electrical design engineering to fresh batch of engineering trainees.

Aug. 2011 - Oct. 2015
A renowned Indian transnational consulting engineering firm credited with engineering 1600 grassroot projects in the fields of power generation, transmission and distribution, nuclear power, cement, petrochem, etc.
I was recruited as a Graduate Engineer Trainee in Aug 2011 and was promoted to the post of Design Engineer (Electrical) in Aug 2012. I remained with the company till Oct. 2015. Some of my achievements are listed below.
- Top tier performer for three consecutive years.
- Led a team of three to execute complete electrical design of an integrated cement plant having project cost of $300million.
- Led a team of electrical engineers within cross-functional project group, which designed some of the first alternate fuel processing and feeding systems for the cement industry in India.
- Travelled extensively across India as a technical consultant and advised top technical mangers of clients, contractors and suppliers on various technical aspects of project and design engineering.
- Worked in cross-cultural and cross-functional teams, which included participants from China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Libya, Switzerland, Turkey, South Africa, UAE and Zambia.
- Conducted engineering design for several greenfield and brownfield cement and power projects in India, Syria, Turkey, UAE and Zambia.
- One of four graduate trainees and only one from electrical department to be sponsored for BITS, Pilani conducted M.Tech course in Project Engineering and Management.

D. Additional :
- Society of American Value Engineers (SAVE) certified Value Methodology Associate (VMA).
- ABB certified Substation Design Engineer.
- Vice president of undergrad college general council. Led 20 member team to organize college fests, other events.
- Lead guitarist of undergrad college band.
- Organized and participated in intramural football competitions during undergrad.
- Ran a 10km marathon.
- Along with a colleague, taught engineering design to two young professionals and helped them get placed in reputed engineering firms.

E. Post MBA goals :
Short term - strategy consulting with top management consulting firms or with top tech. companies.

Long term - Entrepreneurial endeavour with focus on strategy consulting for tech firms.

F. Shortlisted MBA programs :
(in order of preference)
INSEAD FT MBA Jan'19 : Stretch (Rd 1)
LBS FT MBA Aug'18 : Stretch (Rd 2)
IMD FT MBA Jan'19 : Stretch (Rd 1)
HEC Paris FT MBA Sep'18 : Competitive (Jan' deadline)
NUS FT MBA Aug'18 : Competitive (Rd 1)
ISB FT MBA '18 : Competitive (Rd 2)

Thanks for going over my profile. Would you be kind enough to assess my candidature for the listed programs.
Is my assessment of schools reasonable?
Do I have a chance at cracking Insead or LBS?
Given my pre MBA WE, do I stand a competitive chance at landing a management consulting role or a tech strategy role, post MBA?

Thanks and sorry for the long post..

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Nisha Trivedi
mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Prof. Eval. Req. : Indian/ M/ GMAT 740/ WE 76 Months/ Metal Manufactur

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap