GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 26 Apr 2018, 04:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Analysis needed !!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Profile Analysis needed !! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 19:32
Hi,

I have taken GMAT for 6 times. My last 3 scores are as below.

Nov 25, 2016 :
GMAT : 560
Q48 V19
IR : 5
AWA: 5

Sep 22, 2017 :
GMAT : 540
Q49 V16
AWA: 4

Dec 30, 2017 :
GMAT : 600
Q49 V23
IR : 8
AWA: yet to receive

Profile Background :
Work exp : I'm an Indian male IT professional with 3.3 Years of experience as on date. I have achievements during each year in profession. And I can get decent LORs from the Managers I worked under.

Extra-curricular : Since my school days, I have played Cricket and Badminton at school and University level. Currently, I'm involved in cricket alone for a club team. I have few community activities and involved in some CSR activities at work. I was the President of the department during Undergrad.

Academics : Above 80% in 10th and above 90% in high school. 8.0/10 CGPA in Undergrad.

Target Schools:
ISB
Top 1-20 B-schools in USA especially California due to my interest in Technology based industry

My Questions :
1. I've 6 GMAT attempts over the period of 2.5 years. Will this be a disadvantage for the schools I'm targeting to ?
2. If I re-take GMAT to get a spike in it (Targeting above 730) and spend another year on improving my profile, then will I stand a change to get into Ivy League ?
3. If I apply this year with the current profile and GMAT score, am I being over-ambitious ?
4. Considering to spend another year for improving my profile, should I quit the current job and look for more challenging job ?
5. Any suggestions to improve my profile in the next one year ?

My primary intend for the above questions is to receive interview calls from the target schools. Beyond that, I know its in my hands to crack it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vishnu
VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: Profile Analysis needed !! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 20:32
vishnuprakashk wrote:
Hi,

I have taken GMAT for 6 times. My last 3 scores are as below.

Nov 25, 2016 :
GMAT : 560
Q48 V19
AWA: 5

Sep 22, 2017 :
GMAT : 540
Q49 V16
AWA: 4

Dec 30, 2017 :
GMAT : 600
Q49 V23
IR : 8
AWA: yet to receive

Profile Background :
Work exp : I'm an Indian male IT professional with 3.3 Years of experience as on date. I have achievements during each year in profession. And I can get decent LORs from the Managers I worked under.

Extra-curricular : Since my school days, I have played Cricket and Badminton at school and University level. Currently, I'm involved in cricket alone for a club team. I have few community activities and involved in some CSR activities at work. I was the President of the department during Undergrad.

Academics : Above 80% in 10th and above 90% in high school. 8.0/10 CGPA in Undergrad.

Target Schools:
ISB
Top 1-20 B-schools in USA especially California due to my interest in Technology based industry

My Questions :
1. I've 6 GMAT attempts over the period of 2.5 years. Will this be a disadvantage for the schools I'm targeting to ?
2. If I re-take GMAT to get a spike in it (Targeting above 730) and spend another year on improving my profile, then will I stand a change to get into Ivy League ?
3. If I apply this year with the current profile and GMAT score, am I being over-ambitious ?
4. Considering to spend another year for improving my profile, should I quit the current job and look for more challenging job ?
5. Any suggestions to improve my profile in the next one year ?

My primary intend for the above questions is to receive interview calls from the target schools. Beyond that, I know its in my hands to crack it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vishnu
1. The number of attempts should not be held against you. You'll have to be very careful about the next GMAT attempt though, as there is a lifetime limit in place now (8).

2. I think you'll have a better chance with a little more experience, especially if you improve your GMAT score. The average at ISB is something like 4.5 years (of work experience).

3. From what you've mentioned, ISB and other competitive schools are going to be very tough to get into with a 600. Your profile would have to be truly extraordinary, or you would have to belong to an under-represented group, for you to have a very good chance of making it. This is not to say, however, that you should not apply. Trying this time around can't hurt.

4. Don't quit and look. Look and quit :-) A better profile would of course be good, although you should also have a good reason for spending relatively little time in your new role.

5. Do you have something in mind already?

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Re: Profile Analysis needed !!   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2017, 20:32

Profile Analysis needed !!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR APRIL
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until April 30
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap