GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 21:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Interview Prep: How to Ace Your Interviews

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Learn the steps you need to take to ace your interviews and get accepted!
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.

Profile Eval: HBS 2+2 Computer Science Undergrad

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Eval: HBS 2+2 Computer Science Undergrad  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 11:11
Hi! I'm looking to see if my profile is competitive for HBS 2+2 (applying now)
Profile: 22yo Indian Male (from the US)
GMAT: 760 (51Q 40V), 6.0 Essay, 8 IR
Undergrad: 3.47 GPA Computer Science Undergrad (finished in 3 years at top 5 program), 3.84 GPA CS Grad (finished in 4th year at same university)
Experience: Software Engineering Internship at Tech Unicorn (2017), Software Engineering Internship at Established Tech Company (2016), Software Engineering Internship at Small Start-up (2014)
Involvement: Leadership in Consulting Club, Event Planning in Computer Science Department, Work with VC Firm
Recommendations: One from computer science department, one from manager at last internship
After Grad: Software Engineer at Tech Unicorn
Post MBA Goals: PM/Management/Entrepreneurship

Thank you!
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Eval: HBS 2+2 Computer Science Undergrad  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 12:24
Hi there!

I think you fit the profile well for what the 2+2 program is seeking, since you come from a STEM major and have an interest in startups too. As far as your academic stats, your GMAT is excellent, that will help your chances. Your UG GPA is a little low (2+2 average is 3.67) but your Grad GPA is very high, so hopefully the two balance each other out (though I'm not certain how HBS will view the two, since not all applicants have both).

I also like the mix of experience you've had at start ups and established companies, hopefully you can reflect on how that experience has informed your future career plans.

The main challenge is proving that you have the leadership qualities that HBS is looking for, in particular the non-technical ones. If you can do that through your club involvement or other activities, then I think you'll be competitive. And of course telling your story in a compelling/interesting way will help you stand out from other applicants.

The 2+2 program is extremely competitive, so even if you're not successful, don't give up on your MBA dreams. I've seen several applicants not get in to 2+2 but then get in to HBS or another M7 later on.

Best of luck!
Kate

csgrad103 wrote:
Hi! I'm looking to see if my profile is competitive for HBS 2+2 (applying now)
Profile: 22yo Indian Male (from the US)
GMAT: 760 (51Q 40V), 6.0 Essay, 8 IR
Undergrad: 3.47 GPA Computer Science Undergrad (finished in 3 years at top 5 program), 3.84 GPA CS Grad (finished in 4th year at same university)
Experience: Software Engineering Internship at Tech Unicorn (2017), Software Engineering Internship at Established Tech Company (2016), Software Engineering Internship at Small Start-up (2014)
Involvement: Leadership in Consulting Club, Event Planning in Computer Science Department, Work with VC Firm
Recommendations: One from computer science department, one from manager at last internship
After Grad: Software Engineer at Tech Unicorn
Post MBA Goals: PM/Management/Entrepreneurship

Thank you!

Kate Richardson
mbaMission Senior Consultant and Chicago Booth Alum
http://www.mbamission.com
Read our school insider's guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Profile Eval: HBS 2+2 Computer Science Undergrad

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap