Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Also, with my GMAt score and profile do you think I should take a chance by applying in Kellogg part time program ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I send you a personal message....

I have almost similar profile as yours BE from Mumbai, GMAT 650 etc etc..
I just got a reject from Kellogg and I think I had good LOR and essays and interview was awsome. One thing different in your case is you are FEMALE. All these programs look for diversity and I fall is the most competitive group of Indian IT Male.

I would encourage you to apply in Kellogg as it is totally worth the gamble as we all hate to give GMAT. if you do get reject you can consider taking GMAT again
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rockingchitown wrote:
I send you a personal message....

I have almost similar profile as yours BE from Mumbai, GMAT 650 etc etc..
I just got a reject from Kellogg and I think I had good LOR and essays and interview was awsome. One thing different in your case is you are FEMALE. All these programs look for diversity and I fall is the most competitive group of Indian IT Male.

I would encourage you to apply in Kellogg as it is totally worth the gamble as we all hate to give GMAT. if you do get reject you can consider taking GMAT again

Thank you rockingchitown for your suggestions.Just saw it an replied. Best of luck and keep posted about your applications. Did you interview for Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 ? Do you think I am starting late ?
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Okay, so if I understand correctly, you already have the CONCRETE option of staying employed? That's fantastic.

And yes, there is a bit of a difference between part-time and full-time, the main being the career services and the opportunity to make a big jump, whereas if you remain part-time, that opportunity is less.

I think you are not too late in the game to hit the October deadline. If you work hard from tomorrow you should be able to make anywhere between 2-5 good applications by then. I think Kellogg will be tough without a retake, but still they are a bit more flexible when it comes to the part-time program.

Finally regarding your LORs, it's hard for me to advise you without knowing what ALL your options are... one thing I can tell you for sure - DON'T use a friend as a recommender (unless they are also your boss). Their recommendation won't mean much.

Hope that helps!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Okay, so if I understand correctly, you already have the CONCRETE option of staying employed? That's fantastic.

And yes, there is a bit of a difference between part-time and full-time, the main being the career services and the opportunity to make a big jump, whereas if you remain part-time, that opportunity is less.

I think you are not too late in the game to hit the October deadline. If you work hard from tomorrow you should be able to make anywhere between 2-5 good applications by then. I think Kellogg will be tough without a retake, but still they are a bit more flexible when it comes to the part-time program.

Finally regarding your LORs, it's hard for me to advise you without knowing what ALL your options are... one thing I can tell you for sure - DON'T use a friend as a recommender (unless they are also your boss). Their recommendation won't mean much.

Hope that helps!!!

Thanks Jon
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
You got it, my friend... good luck to you.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts